Bronson's Fundraising page

tm4tj

Simon, (Bronson) has asked me to post this on the forum as he tries to raise funds for a great cause and one very close to his own heart. Please have a look and see if you are able to help him reach his goal.

Thanks

tm4tj

See attached document

SBCC.docx

Simon Macdonald's fundraising page

My page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SimonMacdonald

Thank you for visiting my virgin money giving page. I have decided to enter a charity boxing event with 'Ultimate White Collar Boxing' which takes place in Aberdeen on 11th June 2016.

As many of you already know my son Lewis (in the picture) was involved in a horrific scalding accident in our old house which nearly killed him and changed all of our lives forever. This led to 20 odd operations under general anaesthetic, numerous skin grafts, MRSA and the amputation of a finger. He has recovered well and is an inspiration to everyone who knows him. Since the accident we have received amazing support from The Scottish Burned Childrens Club. They have done so much for us, inviting us as a family to a weekend every year where Lewis is able to meet and mix with other burn survivors. As a family we are able to offer and receive support from others who either are or have gone through what we have. Money is tight and all fundraising is ploughed back into the charity. I cannot put into words how much their support has meant to us.

You can sponsor me by visiting the web page above or by filling in the attached form. I have chosen £600 as my target but would love to smash through that.

I have chosen to take part in a boxing match as I have always had an interest in fighting but have never been brave enough to compete. I would also like to show that I have just a fraction of the fight in me that Lewis has, and continues to show.

I am the un-fittest and heaviest that I have ever been, so this will be a challenge!!

Thanks in advance.

Simon

• Agree 4

• tm4tj pinned this topic
  • Scotty featured this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Unfortunately I never got the win! The Dr stopped the fight between the first and second round due to some heavy damage I took in the closing seconds that left me with a bleeding nose that wouldn't stop. My opponent was the better man, but I did shake him early on. Very proud of myself despite getting beaten up as thanks to people like you guys I have raised an incredible amount of money for a charity that supports families like ours who have gone through hell. Thank you so much to those of you who have donated. For anyone else who may still wish to contribute, the page remains live for a month after the event. I'm off to tend to my two black eyes and broken nose (not joking) :)

• Agree 5