Euro 2016 Finals

First quarter tonight with Poland v Portugal. I expect nothing, so they can't bore me like last time against Croatia. Enough beer and chips ready for a 0-0 draw with 30 minutes of eventless extra-time and the eventual penalty miss of someone on either side. Just look at their ridiculous goals per game amounts, Poland doesn't even manage 1 goal per game and are still in the quarters?

Blimey, well done Wales! Great team effort and well deserved, even with the benefit of a couple of major incorrect decisions by the ref.

As for OFW, there can't be many Scottish based players who have reached the semi-finals of an international tournament! Who was the last?

Wow!  What a performance!  Belgium started strongly and got a superb early goal.  They were playing well and I feared it might be a comfortable win for Belgium.  But what fantastic spirit from Wales to snuff out the threat and then take the game to Belgium and turn it round.  A bit like the England/Iceland game but much more exciting and much higher quality.

27 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Wow!  What a performance!  Belgium started strongly and got a superb early goal.  They were playing well and I feared it might be a comfortable win for Belgium.  But what fantastic spirit from Wales to snuff out the threat and then take the game to Belgium and turn it round.  A bit like the England/Iceland game but much more exciting and much higher quality.

They certainly snuffed out CR7 - he was invisible all night :lol:

• Agree 1

and more importantly .... the daily payments from UEFA for OFW keep rolling in ... and with Portugal having failed to win a single game in normal time throughout the tournament they should have no fears ..... A Wales / Iceland final for me would be so cool !!!!

• Agree 2

France - Island tonight. We, French people, aren't very reassured. We have great individualities but Iceland are a team. We lack cohesion. Hopefully, Samuel Umtiti will make dream debut for France and Griezmann & Payet will reserve some magical moments !

Wales - Iceland final would be great but have a feeling its going to be Portugal - France . Payet may be the difference maker for France.

On 3 July 2016 at 7:06 PM, Scotty said:

Wales - Iceland final would be great but have a feeling its going to be Portugal - France . 

:clapping:

When the tournament started I put my money on Portugal as a "good value" bet - and regretted it every time I saw them play - until yesterday, at least!

On 07/07/2016 at 10:09 PM, Yngwie said:

When the tournament started I put my money on Portugal

:crazy:

Third in their group and in 90 mins they only won one of their 7 matches.

But it was a tournament of surprises that will be remembered mainly for the relative success of the "Mickey Mouse" footballing nations - Iceland in the last 8, Wales in the last 4, and England getting out of their group...

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic