Season tickets

ferben1994

1 hour ago, scottishhighlands said:

shocking to see that ross county fc has a far better disabled season tickets prices than caley thistle do for a county one is £165 and a caley one is £315 due to your age your are disabled all your life what has age got to do with a  season ticket will done ross county fc they care about disabled people 

I can't confirm or deny the price RC are charging for disabled as their website doesn't mention this category but I would ask this: Does their price include free entry for carer? I also note they are charging £25 for U-12's whereas ours are free.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, scottishhighlands said:

shocking to see that ross county fc has a far better disabled season tickets prices than caley thistle do for a county one is £165 and a caley one is £315 due to your age your are disabled all your life what has age got to do with a  season ticket will done ross county fc they care about disabled people 

Just go halfers with someone who will accompany you.

I see disabled people get 1/3 off rail travel if you fork out £20, but then so do 16-25s, families, couples and elderly.S o no preference there either.

Hope your disability's doesn't hold you back too much and hope you manage to get by with what ever hurdles life throws at you.

11 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Equally, why on earth should you equate a disability with any impairment of intellect. Hugely condescending in my view. 

Simple. Many disabilities are not fully physical and may be accompanied by learning difficulties.

• Agree 2

I see the club are highlighting the huge savings that a season ticket brings.

Theres even more category A matches now.

With big games against Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, County and Hearts plus all the rest, it kind of makes sense to have your very own seat instead of moving from pillar to post for each game.

Edited by 12th Man

The club have been adapting their disability pricing over a number of seasons now and this has been done following ongoing discussions with a few organisations.

In short, it was highlighted that the clubs original policy from a few years ago of not charging disabled fans was considered "positive" or "reverse" discrimination.  From there the club introduced a voluntary payment option (which many signed up for), moved on to a reduced fixed price including charging for the carer and finally onto the setup that has been introduced this season whereby the charge is the same for everyone and those requiring a carer get free access for them.

As it was explained to me.....it's not the job of a football club to financially compensate or reward a person for being disabled, they merely have a responsibility to (where possible and in line with the law) ensure that those with additional needs are not disadvantaged.  The law sets out the requirements in terms of access and facilities and the club more than meet what is asked of them in that regard.  In relation to someone attending attending a football match who requires a carer, then the availability of free access for the carer ensures the person is not disadvantaged.  Anything beyond that is, as mentioned earlier, "positive" or "reverse" discrimination.

Another positive that came about as a result of the change is that ambulant disabled are no longer restricted to a specific section of the stadium where the discounted tickets had previously been offered.  They can take up a seat anywhere they like and, if required, get a free carer seat alongside them.

Having spoken to a good number of disabled fans over the years (at ICTFC and elsewhere), the vast majority want to pay their way.  Some had even expressed disappointment that (until now) they have not been able to pay the same as others and feel like they are making the same contribution to their club as everyone else....often choosing to increase their spend at the club in other areas to make up for it.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:31 PM, IBM said:

It might not be or he/she might not be good at it but that is no excuse to mock.

Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding but I have been way and not logged on for the last week.

More fundamentally, apologies for the offending post which I accept was inappropriate and I apologise without reservation for any offence or hurt caused to the poster concerned or others.

• Agree 4

On 12/06/2016 at 10:17 AM, 12th Man said:

I see the club are highlighting the huge savings that a season ticket brings.

Theres even more category A matches now.

With big games against Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, County and Hearts plus all the rest, it kind of makes sense to have your very own seat instead of moving from pillar to post for each game.

I would have liked to have retained my seat but the fixtures being moved around at late notice was one of the key reasons to prevent being able to buy one. I'd hazard a guess that our home matches against Rangers / Celtic being moved to Sunday early kick offs. I'd guess the Ross County matches will be moved to Friday nights. 

Why oh why can't the TV companies pick the matches they want now? We get a raw deal as fans and our club loses out on ticket revenue as a consequence. Surely this must impact on ticket sales and hospitality? Let's go back to terracing with Saturday 3pm kick offs please. 

Edited by TopSix
  • Agree 1

I note with interest that Kingsmills has had the decency to apologise for his inappropriate post re scottishhighlands, that is reassuring.

I also note that some posts in defence of scottishhighlands have been removed from this thread......why?

To clarify. 

Admin hid all posts pertaining to the inappropriate post as it was taking the topic off course. Kingsmills himself has reinstated the original one which caused offence and offered his apology to the matter.

Can we now get back on track with the original topic.