Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
TO FOLLOW
Tweets by @ICTFC

Last game of the season and seventh place and with it vital place money at stake.

Some of us might not be enamoured with the manager, others are critical of the board but we are all behind the team. Let's get there in numbers to show our appreciation for the efforts of the players some of whom we will likely be seeing for the last time.

• Agree 2

Good day out in all fronts: 

Team played well in the second half, scored 4 goals,

kept a clean sheet,

David Raven got a standing ovation, he also won player of the year 

John Hughes got well and truly mugged off in Kenny Cameron's speech.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Great result to finish off the season, 4 wins out of 5, (and how do we lose that Dundee Utd match) so we were clearly better than bottom 6, we just cocked it up with a couple of home games in March (at the same time as falling short on the Scottish Cup). Considering the horrendous start to the season, the loss of Christie and the injuries in many respects not bad. However it seems as if Yogi has used up quite a bit of credit with fans (and the board?), with some unrest over Ravens departure and perhaps Foran...although if those two events actually allowed us to sign Storey permanently and extend deals for Roberts and Mutombo, would that compensate?? I do also think he has done well with a miniscule budget, even if some tactics and comments have grated on people.

Lets hope that deals get done as quick as everyone seems to want, and the summer is peaceful, from my point of view the missus is now a fan and wants to come up again, so that cool!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 5

Brilliant result, one of the best this season. Dundee are no mugs and have a higher budget than us, as well as some really good players. 

People calling for Hughes' head need to wake up. You may not agree with some of his decisions and I'm disappointed that Raven is leaving too, but the man has given us the most successful spell in our history and this season has actually been pretty decent considering the mass exodus of all our best players and the massive injury list. There's been 8 replies to this topic. If we had lost this game, there would no doubt have been page after page of people complaining and calling for Hughes to leave. Nonsense. 

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Brilliant result, one of the best this season. Dundee are no mugs and have a higher budget than us, as well as some really good players. 

People calling for Hughes' head need to wake up. You may not agree with some of his decisions and I'm disappointed that Raven is leaving too, but the man has given us the most successful spell in our history and this season has actually been pretty decent considering the mass exodus of all our best players and the massive injury list. There's been 8 replies to this topic. If we had lost this game, there would no doubt have been page after page of people complaining and calling for Hughes to leave. Nonsense. 

So true... and often how you finish a season can carry through to the following season (injuries and departures permitting of course)

22 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

were you at the game???

1st half was a bore with only 2 long range hits by tansy straight to the keeper. we started with 10-12 passes across our own 18 yd box not moving an inch forward ending with devine passing to the opposition. other moves later ended the same way. far too slow getting the ball forward

I am probably quoting hughes by saying " we dominated, were the better team and BOSSED THE BALL" but no excitement for the fans in the 1st half unless you admire possession football in your own half

once we got the 1st goal Dundee took off a midfielder and it changed the game, with them not as tight with their 2 banks of 4 and allowing us more space to play.

nice flick header from foran for devines tap in and a **** up by Dundee on their 18 yd line gave draper a free run in on the goalkeeper to slot home.

at half time never saw 4 goals coming that's for sure

ravens 1st attack was a cross that tremarco should have buried at the far post, in fact he did more attacking and getting to the by line than meekings has done the last few weeks. what a plonker keeping him on the sidelines when the guy was fit. maybe a top six would have been achieved if he had played him

with foran given the penalty looks like that's the last we have seen of him as well

yet again on the way out heard a couple of people saying they are not renewing season tickets next season as they were bored with the style of play. no criticism of players but the managers tactics.

hope he has signed steve marsella as a scout as this season showed he certainly does not have an eye for a player himself.

• Agree 2

Today's win means our home record for the season matches our away one: W7, D5, L7, so 26 points both home and away. Home GD slightly better than away now, having both been +1 prior to today's game, Despite this emphatic win, though, we still scored 4 more away goals than home this season.

I'm great fun at parties, honest.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

were you at the game???

1st half was a bore with only 2 long range hits by tansy straight to the keeper. we started with 10-12 passes across our own 18 yd box not moving an inch forward ending with devine passing to the opposition. other moves later ended the same way. far too slow getting the ball forward

I am probably quoting hughes by saying " we dominated, were the better team and BOSSED THE BALL" but no excitement for the fans in the 1st half unless you admire possession football in your own half

once we got the 1st goal Dundee took off a midfielder and it changed the game, with them not as tight with their 2 banks of 4 and allowing us more space to play.

nice flick header from foran for devines tap in and a **** up by Dundee on their 18 yd line gave draper a free run in on the goalkeeper to slot home.

at half time never saw 4 goals coming that's for sure

ravens 1st attack was a cross that tremarco should have buried at the far post, in fact he did more attacking and getting to the by line than meekings has done the last few weeks. what a plonker keeping him on the sidelines when the guy was fit. maybe a top six would have been achieved if he had played him

with foran given the penalty looks like that's the last we have seen of him as well

yet again on the way out heard a couple of people saying they are not renewing season tickets next season as they were bored with the style of play. no criticism of players but the managers tactics.

hope he has signed steve marsella as a scout as this season showed he certainly does not have an eye for a player himself.

I wasn't at the game because I live down south, but irrespective of the performance, it's one of the best results of the season. Hughes may have been too stubborn at times with continuing with possession based football when we don't have the attack minded players to play through the middle and open up defences, but I'd rather see that than see us struggling to keep possession. What I like about Hughes is that he knows what he wants, and hopefully he'll bring in the players to fill the gaps we've had this season. 

Fans saying they won't renew their season tickets are **** fans, talk about disloyal. What ever happened to supporting your club through thick-and-thin? It's no wonder players leave us when fans are considering not renewing their season ticket because of one fairly mediocre season (when realistically, this season we have performed at the level that a club of our size should, if not better). Two quarter finals, a seventh placed finish, and a positive goal difference, we'd be a laughing stock if we were to sack Hughes. 

Edited by lightwelter
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

A great result which certainly couldn't have been predicted after 45 minutes...or even after 59!

The first half was reminiscent of much of our season - lots of possession and barely any clearcut chances.  Dundee played on the break and had five decent opportunities, all of which they spurned.

Storey's goal came from a wonderful Polworth pass in behind, the first piece of quality we'd come up with in the final third.  It was a great finish, showing composure even as the keeper forced him wide.  It sounds from the postmatch interview like we're working hard to convince him to stay, which would be terrific.

The decision immediately afterward to replace Storey with Foran was bizarre...but I suppose the outcome justified it!  Foran's lovely front post flick laid on Devine to bundle home a second, and then immediately afterward Drapes mugged Nick Ross 20 yards from goal and killed the game off with a fine finish. The pen came after some great skill by Polly, who was our best player today.  I think Draper suggested to Raven that he should take it, but Raven seemed to shake his head.  I don't think Foran was giving the ball up in a hurry anyway!

For those who weren't there, it's worth pointing out that Dundee looked so much more likely to score at 0-0.  But it's a great result and a great way to finish the season.  It may have a very positive effect on season ticket renewals too...

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:
2 hours ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

A great result which certainly couldn't have been predicted after 45 minutes...or even after 59!

The first half was reminiscent of much of our season - lots of possession and barely any clearcut chances.  Dundee played on the break and had five decent opportunities, all of which they spurned.

Storey's goal came from a wonderful Polworth pass in behind, the first piece of quality we'd come up with in the final third.  It was a great finish, showing composure even as the keeper forced him wide.  It sounds from the postmatch interview like we're working hard to convince him to stay, which would be terrific.

The decision immediately afterward to replace Storey with Foran was bizarre...but I suppose the outcome justified it!  Foran's lovely front post flick laid on Devine to bundle home a second, and then immediately afterward Drapes mugged Nick Ross 20 yards from goal and killed the game off with a fine finish. The pen came after some great skill by Polly, who was our best player today.  I think Draper suggested to Raven that he should take it, but Raven seemed to shake his head.  I don't think Foran was giving the ball up in a hurry anyway!

For those who weren't there, it's worth pointing out that Dundee looked so much more likely to score at 0-0.  But it's a great result and a great way to finish the season.  It may have a very positive effect on season ticket renewals too...

Mostly agree with this but Dundee created very little and were only given the half chances to score by poor defending by us. At half time, this looked a 0-0 banker but we did seem to step up a gear in the second half. Dundee have had a lot of plaudits this season but were very poor today and when they were last hear as well. Maybe we are due some plaudits after all by the central belt dominated media.

• Agree 1

Great way to round off the season. Could have been two down at the break but we were superb after the half and thoroughly deserved our goals, could have been five or six. Neat to see Raven get a run and he almost contributed to a goal and missed a header right at the death.

All the best Dave, the fans have voted for you above the gaffer, says a lot about you as a person and Caley Jags player. It also said all there is to know about about Yogi.

• Agree 4

The first half the usual dull and boring :sad: The second half just a great performance and result from the whole team :smile: A great send of for David Raven as well :clapping: 

• Agree 1

I could not make today, but great way to end season.

Good that David Raven got his chance to say farewell.

After last season, I predicted 8th this season, so we beat that.

A tough year in many ways, but overall probably as good as we could have expected. If anything, our home form was the let down, as 7 defeats was far too many. I saw four of them, Motherwell twice, Hamiton and United, and generally came away thinking "how did that happen".

We had successes. Polworth made the breakthrough, Storey was a godsend, Draper became our key man, Tremarco has shone.

Unlike some, I would give pass marks to Devine and Vigurs.

Without the injuries and if Cektic had let Christie stay, top 6 would have happened.

On the downside, some signings were poor, and we really need Hughes and the Board to get on the same wavelength and get players signed up. It was a real shame that some players seemed to fall out of favour, especially Raven but also Vincent and Roberts.

Looking forward, I will get my season ticket and be there as often as I can, and hope we build a top 6 team and have another cup run.

Most of all, we need to get back to unity, Board, Manager, players and fans all working together to make our football enjoyable and successful.

But, let's not forget, I'd have taken 7th if offered in August!

• Agree 5

Good result and good way to finish the season. We were never going to repeat last seasons feats and given the injuries we had this year 7th is a very  good result , and in honesty how we managed to lose some of the games we did a result in them we would have made the top 6.

Hopefully get players signed up quickly and a couple of new faces brought in

Nae much to get excited about in first half, but totally different in the second. Good goals, great weather at the stadium, Dave got a wee run out and some young uns got boots or shirts to make there day.

As previous have said all behind the scenes need to pull together to move forward. We were never going to have the highs of the previous season. To be in top 6 yes would have been good but I'll take where we eventually finished rather than being in Killies situation.

Lets crack on and do it better next season with hopefully some new faces.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic