New 2016/17 kit

ICTPaisley-I've given you a + tick for the diligent research you've obviously undertaken.Good stuff.

Abbreviation of many headings and titles nowadays into letters only has become the unfortunate  new "mod" theme I'm afraid.Whether this is a "youngster thing" or just a sign of the times that we are all so pressed for time I have no idea, but to me it seems more like a creeping disease. Maybe the abbreviations just fit better into the now almost universal cell phones or something. But when it gets to the point that in newspapers or flyers or tickets, etc, it seems more and more to be little else than a reflection of just laziness on our part and  you don't even know what half the abbreviations mean then it's time to rethink this  and maybe simply go back to using the English language as intended  for communication.

In the RAF many years ago if you were selected to go for tests to see if you had the qualities they were looking for as Potential Officer Material, then you were then described as a POM. Beyond that I have no memories of abbreviations being any type of an issue as it is now.

Comments?

The new kits look great, really like seeing the stripes back. :cheer01:

The badge redesign though... Not good at all. It looks amateurish, like a piece of fan art. A truly naff tagline on to an official crest dilutes the branding, uniqueness and identity to a level you'd expect from a street trader with a stall outside the ground. Really disappointed to see this move and hope that it is returned to the full title sooner (is it too late for this season?) rather than later. I completely agree with Scotty re: suitability on social media, etc. but absolutely not appropriate for a club crest. 

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Hi Fool Physio. I didn't know that..smile.

Mind you the craze had not actually started in my young day in the two years I spent in the RAF doing my National Service.  This was at least 60 years ago and the times sure have changed in that period.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, RossP said:

I'm hoping to be in Inverness this weekend for the Arbroath game... any chance that the new strips will be available for sale at JD/Stadium by then? 

Not a promise but sales lady in JD  told me they expect it to be this week however, wont know until day before that they will be available.

• Agree 1

Why is it that we seem to be the only club in the Premiership who seem consistently never to get any new replica kit on sale before the start of the season ? We must have lost a fair bit of revenue and frustrated more than a few fans and potential fans over the years.

I phoned JD Inverness yesterday to see if there's any update on when they'll have the new strip in... and they said it'll likely be sometime late August. 

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

LATE August!! What a joke 

You sound surprised. Its the same every year regardless of kit maker or merchandiser. But aye your right its an absolute farce.

The club really need to get a grip on this. 

And before anyone chastises me telling me it's not the clubs fault, i agree however, they as the customer really should have learned by now and ensured that we as thier customers (after all thats what we are) aren't in this situation year in year out.

1st home derby wearing last years strips what will the neighbours think :sad:

• Agree 1

I'm not one to unduly criticise the club, but I never cease to be amazed at how amateur we appear when it comes to getting kits on sale in good time to maximise sales. It's up to the club to plan the process and to manage the supplier. It can't always be someone else's fault.

37 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

You sound surprised. Its the same every year regardless of kit maker or merchandiser. But aye your right its an absolute farce.

The club really need to get a grip on this. 

And before anyone chastises me telling me it's not the clubs fault, i agree however, they as the customer really should have learned by now and ensured that we as thier customers (after all thats what we are) aren't in this situation year in year out.

1st home derby wearing last years strips what will the neighbours think :sad:

Well I thought worst case scenario it would be late July or start of August, at least to be in before our first home game.... Not too much to ask! I blame Carbrini for it... Hopefully next season they will change supplier 

40 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Well I thought worst case scenario it would be late July or start of August, at least to be in before our first home game.... Not too much to ask! I blame Carbrini for it... Hopefully next season they will change supplier 

For far too many years when this issue has been raised those who speak on behalf of the club sought to lay the blame at the feet of Errea. Different supplier same issue. Perhaps the problem lies closer to home.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

For far too many years when this issue has been raised those who speak on behalf of the club sought to lay the blame at the feet of Errea. Different supplier same issue. Perhaps the problem lies closer to home.

Not this time. Spoke to staff in JD who said shop manager was furious at delay. Blame is with manufacturers

• Disagree 1

My local junior teams shirt is now available as is most so it can't come down to us being too small to get it on time. This happens every year and makes us seem a bit amateurish. I don't get too stressed out about it as I'm in no rush but I do find it funny that we're that bad at getting it right.