New 2016/17 kit

If you look at the latest press releases on the club website, the badge seems to have been changed slightly.  Not the crest itself, but I see the banners underneath the thistle now read - ICTFC - Pride of the Highlands.  The trainspotters in our support will notice that the badge changed slightly last season as well!

Edited by Renegade

36 minutes ago, Renegade said:

If you look at the latest press releases on the club website, the badge seems to have been changed slightly.  Not the crest itself, but I see the banners underneath the thistle now read - ICTFC - Pride of the Highlands.  The trainspotters in our support will notice that the badge changed slightly last season as well!

Good spot Renegade. I don't know what brought that about because our name is Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - NOT ICTFC. IMO there was absolutely nothing wrong with our badge/crest so why remove our name and add Pride of the Highlands? 

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Renegade said:

ictfc_poth_badge_500.png

1 hour ago, jaggiesoverstaggies said:

Don't worry, county will probably try to copy it for next season anyway

They could try, but the club have registered "Pride of the Highlands" as an official Trademark.

The club badge has undergone a few tweaks over the years to improve the design....with the main driving factor been the ease (or prior lack of) reproduction.  This latest change is registered as a separate variation of the badge as opposed to being a replacement.

For those wishing to go back to the original....or the original since the name was changed....are you sure???

original badge.jpg

3 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

The club badge has undergone a few tweaks over the years to improve the design....with the main driving factor been the ease (or prior lack of) reproduction.  This latest change is registered as a separate variation of the badge as opposed to being a replacement.

For those wishing to go back to the original....or the original since the name was changed....are you sure???

original badge.jpg

The "new" design is fine with the bold black banners and bold black ring round the thistle but why was there a need to change the name?

As I said, it's a separate variation....in addition to the same badge with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Why? Because, after being presented with the suggestion, the club thought it would be fitting to have a version of the badge which contained the motto constructed and adopted by a wide cross section of the fanbase.

inverness_ct.png

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

As I said, it's a separate variation....in addition to the same badge with Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC.

Why? Because, after being presented with the suggestion, the club thought it would be fitting to have a version of the badge which contained the motto constructed and adopted by a wide cross section of the fanbase.

inverness_ct.png

Can we change the typeface in this one please?

5 hours ago, CaleyD said:

inverness_ct.png

So which badge will appear on our shirts? When you say "the club thought" I take it you mean the directors.

Edited by caleyboy

Was it the fans who coined 'Pride of the Highlands'?  I always thought it was the club that came up with it.  I certainly don't recollect hearing before the club started using it.

It's certainly better than that hideous 'Together We Believe, Together We Achieve' garbage, I'll give it that.

Our fans are the real pride of the Highlands so it might be a good idea to have it on the fans shirts for a change.

And it gives JD Sports the chance to sell a whole load of tracksuits, jackets and polo shirts all over again.:hiding02:

44 minutes ago, Renegade said:

Was it the fans who coined 'Pride of the Highlands'?  I always thought it was the club that came up with it.  I certainly don't recollect hearing before the club started using it.

It's certainly better than that hideous 'Together We Believe, Together We Achieve' garbage, I'll give it that.

The club have certainly come a long way with their Design work and Software

15 hours ago, caleyboy said:

So which badge will appear on our shirts? When you say "the club thought" I take it you mean the directors.

No, when I say "The Club", I mean "The Club"....these things get discussed around the office (and sometimes even with fans who are in for whatever reason) before being taken forward (or not).  Ultimately it has to be signed off at the appropriate level, but I can't think if anything such as this where it's been stopped by director decision.

15 hours ago, Renegade said:

It certainly was fan derived/driven.  If memory serves, the first it was used as a strapline was here on CTO....it then gained popular use among the fans with the rise of social media.

That hideous 'Together We Believe, Together We Achieve' garbage you refer to was borrowed from kids at a primary school.  They were over the moon that the club made use of it....and I personally think it's great when the club do these things and bring a bit of cheer to people.  Just unfortunate that there's those who are more predisposed to automatically knock such efforts for whatever reason.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

No, when I say "The Club", I mean "The Club"....these things get discussed around the office (and sometimes even with fans who are in for whatever reason) before being taken forward (or not).  Ultimately it has to be signed off at the appropriate level, but I can't think if anything such as this where it's been stopped by director decision.

.....absolutely no problem with the alternative version of the badge as the concept of the eagle and the thistle has not been discarded.Again, what badge will the team wear on their clothing, training gear and strips?

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

.....absolutely no problem with the alternative version of the badge as the concept of the eagle and the thistle has not been discarded.Again, what badge will the team wear on their clothing, training gear and strips?

I don't have permission to give out any information on the new strip etc. at this moment in time.

41 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I don't have permission to give out any information on the new strip etc. at this moment in time.

I am not asking you to give out information about the new strip. The questions was pretty simple but your response makes you sound like a politician