Yogi

Bronson

2 hours ago, forresjags said:

Rainy day fund ... Have you heard yourself, sounds like we keep our finances in a biscuit tin under the stairs.

We had our most successful season 12 months ago financially, yet this season we were still scraping around for players to bring in.                      

Having read a lot of your posts on various threads it's fair to say I don't agree with them but then everyone is allowed their opinion.

Lets get right down to it and ask the vital question - Are you John Hughes in disguise?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, I agree that the Dundee Utd approach for Hughes appears to have been the 'beginning of the end'.  In hindsight we would have been far better off letting him go with some compensation, rather than where we are now having to pay him off.

You're right about the hindsight. At the time we were all applauding the chairman for having the cojones to stand up to Thompson. We would have been calling him weak if he hadn't. 

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

You're right about the hindsight. At the time we were all applauding the chairman for having the cojones to stand up to Thompson. We would have been calling him weak if he hadn't. 

Which is a problem in itself, Cameron's cojones will cost us £200k...

• Disagree 1

What a ridiculous mess we find ourselves in. Yogi has made mistakes bringing players in I agree , but a worse manager than Christie ? What are you on.

The board are also not blameless. We had a chance to lose yogi and get compensation from Dundee Utd. But no, we get him to sign a new 2 and a half year deal which we want to buy him out of after 6 months. I'm not saying we are, but we certainly appear to be totally amateur behind the scenes.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Shrewd move from the board IMO. Our success in recent years is entirely down to the talent and hard work of our players. The best group we've ever had. Even Craig Brewster would have struggled to feck things up with such quality at his disposal. I have faith in the players. If they aren't happy, as indications suggest, there's no contest. The manager has to go. 

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Having read a lot of your posts on various threads it's fair to say I don't agree with them but then everyone is allowed their opinion.

Lets get right down to it and ask the vital question - Are you John Hughes in disguise?

Frankly my friend I couldn't give a toss if you agree with my posts or not.

My concern is there is a distinct possibly that if we don't get our  act together on and off the park we could end up playing catch up to Ross County.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, forresjags said:

My concern is there is a distinct possibly that if we don't get our  act together on and off the park we could end up playing catch up to Ross County.

Sorry to say it, but we already are! They finished one place above us and won the league cup last year. On top of that, they have a very settled squad for the next couple of years, not to mention old megabucks pumping money into the club. I expect them to finish 5/6th next year, whereas our future is now very uncertain.

• Agree 2

Thing with Hughes is after last seasons success if he had built on that, and kept that fans, and more importantly the chairman, on side and not made the silly comments he has made he could have been forgiven a hell of a lot. He decided to go and alienate that fans and the Chairman. 

We as fans know we have no god given right to success, trophies etc  but we also dont want our own manager talking the club down in public, and that in my eyes is Hughes biggest mistake. 

We know we are small, we know we have one of the smallest player budgets in the leaugue, he doesnt need to remind us everytime he opens his mouth 

• Agree 11

17 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Frankly my friend I couldn't give a toss if you agree with my posts or not.

I didn't expect you to 'give a toss' - it's a free forum so we're all entitled to say what we want within reason and without getting personal.

Watch though because you might just start to sound like an Arsenal fan who measures their progress and achievements on whether or not they out-do Tottenham.

If your only concern is being left behind Ross County then I suggest you take a look at what you want our club to achieve because I for one want to finish as high up every season as we can above as many other teams as we can and not just Ross County.

You're probably entitled to feel aggrieved by the actions of the board or how you perceive their actions to be however just remember that no one person is bigger than a club and in the clubs 22 years of excistance since 1994 I think the board has done a pretty fine job in getting us to where we are today.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I didn't expect you to 'give a toss' - it's a free forum so we're all entitled to say what we want within reason and without getting personal.

Watch though because you might just start to sound like an Arsenal fan who measures their progress and achievements on whether or not they out-do Tottenham.

If your only concern is being left behind Ross County then I suggest you take a look at what you want our club to achieve because I for one want to finish as high up every season as we can above as many other teams as we can and not just Ross County.

You're probably entitled to feel aggrieved by the actions of the board or how you perceive their actions to be however just remember that no one person is bigger than a club and in the clubs 22 years of excistance since 1994 I think the board has done a pretty fine job in getting us to where we are today.

To be honest not sure how much credit the Board can take. We are where we are,  due to astute Managers scouting players from the likes of Kidderminster, Stockport, Luton etc and galvanising them into very good teams.

No transfer fees have been paid, no massive cash injections from the board, everything has been done on a shoestring.   

• Agree 2

If we are getting someone new in then let's hope they have some good contacts. Because we are way short on numbers. People mulling over contracts, apparent pre-contract negotiations with others, players released who might have now stayed, players staying who might well have been released.

Its an absolute shambles of a situation and no-one involved should be holding their head high over this.

• Agree 5

44 minutes ago, Sir C the 3rd said:

If we are getting someone new in then let's hope they have some good contacts. Because we are way short on numbers. People mulling over contracts, apparent pre-contract negotiations with others, players released who might have now stayed, players staying who might well have been released.

Its an absolute shambles of a situation and no-one involved should be holding their head high over this.

Totally agree with this. Neither Yogi or the Board come out of this well. I have said previously that I have reservations about the ability of the current board to take us further and I think this situation underlines this. To get to a situation where Chairman and manage no longer speaking, if P & J is to be believed, is ridiculous. If the board were seriously dismissing Hughes, then a plan should have been in place to ensure a replacement is lines up as soon as possible.

What does this situation say to managers who may be interested as well in our club. This needs to get sorted quickly with a lot more communication from our normally reticent board.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Totally agree with this. Neither Yogi or the Board come out of this well. I have said previously that I have reservations about the ability of the current board to take us further and I think this situation underlines this. To get to a situation where Chairman and manage no longer speaking, if P & J is to be believed, is ridiculous. If the board were seriously dismissing Hughes, then a plan should have been in place to ensure a replacement is lines up as soon as possible.

What does this situation say to managers who may be interested as well in our club. This needs to get sorted quickly with a lot more communication from our normally reticent board.

Agree totally.  To be honest, I will not lose much sleep if JH goes but he has a point when he says the supporters deserve better. We cant keep rebuilding season after season and expect the fans to keep buying into it.

We need to manage our assets better and that is down to the Board to come up with a contingency  plan, as you would expect in any line of business.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Hoping that Falkirk lose the play-off final now, as I'd like to get Peter Houston in and can't imagine he'd be overly keen on another year in the Championship. 

Peter Houston would be an excellent choice in my opinion - I wanted us to go for him last time, but IIRC he wasn't particularly interested. I believe he is on record to say that the Falkirk job will be his last, so I think this is a long shot, sadly.