Yogi

Bronson

Butcher,McCall same old names, whats wrong with actually having a look about it see whats available? im tired of the same old sh1te being churned out when we need a manager, we need someone forward thinking to come in. As Much as i hate the club formerly known as Rangers at least they had a good look about, how many people in Scotland had heard of Wharburton before he came North ?  im sure we will have plenty of people interested in the job. Lets hope we get some better candidates than  McCall , andi for one hope Butcher never darkens our door again after the way he left last time 

Stand back and await the backlash :wink:

Edited by oats
  • Agree 1

Just now, caleyboy said:

If Yogi actually goes I wouldn't get too excited about the quality of manager our club can now attract.

Would have to be on a "free" for a start: we'd not be able to pay any more ocm-pensation, that's for sure!

3 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

If Yogi actually goes I wouldn't get too excited about the quality of manager our club can now attract.

Plenty of options out there, just a case of finding the right fit. 

• Agree 2

If someone had told me at the start of this season that John Hughes was leaving the club, i would disappointed. Clearly a good coach and knows how to get the players going and motivated(more so at half time).

Today hearing the news that he could be on this way out, could not be more happy.

Throughout  this season listening to all his post match interviews saying "we were the better team" when we had more possession but did **** all attacking, comments in media about lossing players to other teams but yet talking up Danny and James to Dundee "I would happily pay for his taxi to Dundee". 

Leaving David Raven out of right back because he has his own personal problems with him, when he can clearly see every single fan wants him their. What's John Hughes problem with him? 

As fans we want to see attacking Football not see who can keep the ball in their own half the longest. John Hughes recruitment this season has been terrible, his football has been slow and his comments in the media have annoyed fans and more importantly the players. 

He clearly doesn't want to be at our club and we don't want him here either, would of been a disaster keeping him here another year in my opinion. 

Looking forward to seeing the candidates for his replacement sooner the better.

• Agree 8

Saw an interview with him a few months ago as he tries to get into management, not sure if Russell Latapy would be interested in coming back. Certainly would know the club and players. His leaving always seemed a bit strange, I thought at the time it seemed Hughes was creating space for his pal Rice. Was just as big a part of our most successful spell.  

• Agree 3

There will be plenty of interest in our new managers job and I'm sure it's not only me who is excited awaiting to see who is interested.

We have turned a page in our story and another chapter is about to begin

P's  onwards and upwards!

• Agree 7

8 hours ago, caleyboy said:

A sad end but if compensatiion hasn't been agreed why is this in the press? Again a very amateur way to conduct any business. Whoever let this go out should be sacked NOW! 

With regard to a breakdown in relationship with Cameron why is everyone assuming it was Yogi to blame? It takes two to tango!

Our chairman should also review his position.

Get real FFS. Press story initially came from fan speculation on social media along with Yogi's persistent complaining about budgets. This guy knew the financial situation at the club before he signed and he witnessed it for himself before he signed an extension. So do you think the club should do what happened at Falkirk? Give in to Yogi's demands, increase overdrafts and borrow beyond our means. Great way to go...administration.....liquidation and death. This club already pays out around 75% of its income on salaries. With a turnover of just over £4 mill that doesn't leave a great deal for all the other costs associated with running a club and financing 19/20 matchdays a year.

• Agree 11
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Can't really comment as I don't have a clue what's going on.  Neither has anyone else :lol:

Just have to wait and see what the future holds.  Lets hope things are sorted out quickly!

• Agree 1

The present ICT board reminds me of the Celtic board of the late eighties(IHE will verify as he was a regular in the jungle at the time)

Celtic won the double in their centenary year then sat back without pushing on and let it all decay away due to neglect and mis-management

Yogi took us to two cup finals and cemented himself as the most successful and greatest ever ICT manager yet he's been hung out to dry by a backward thinking board

I wish Big Yogi well whatever he decides to do, I shudder to think who will be the next gaffer it certainly won't be anyone of the same calibre sadly

Dougal

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 6

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Get real FFS. Press story initially came from fan speculation on social media along with Yogi's persistent complaining about budgets. This guy knew the financial situation at the club before he signed and he witnessed it for himself before he signed an extension. So do you think the club should do what happened at Falkirk? Give in to Yogi's demands, increase overdrafts and borrow beyond our means. Great way to go...administration.....liquidation and death. This club already pays out around 75% of its income on salaries. With a turnover of just over £4 mill that doesn't leave a great deal for all the other costs associated with running a club and financing 19/20 matchdays a year.

I don't intend to argue with one who thinks he is so up to speed with everything but I would ask one question: If we can afford to pay compensation to our most successful manager and then pay a salary to a new manager, why do we have a problem with the playing budget. Your answer would be appreciated learned one.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

10CC was waxing lyrical about his old buddies in the paper recently.  I wonder if maybe he fancies a return and they'll come back and invest the millions some people think we have stashed under the mattress.

13 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I don't intend to argue with one who thinks he is so up to speed with everything but I would ask one question: If we can afford to pay compensation to our most successful manager and then pay a salary to a new manager, why do we have a problem with the playing budget. Your answer would be appreciated learned one.

Maybe we are due compensation or perhaps it will be mutual. 

Don't have enough info to pass comment.

There are mutterings that Stubbs will walk away from Hibs if they lose the cup final perhaps JH sees an opportunity. Have mixed feelings about JH leaving perhaps the loss of Storey was the final straw as I know he wanted to keep him and Tansey as a priority. There is no doubt he has changed our style of play which actually gives us a fair amount of control when we are ahead in games doesn't work so well when we are behind.  Whomever the next manager is I would be delighted if he used the terms we and us when talking about the club rather than the third person Inverness which was used by both Butcher and Hughes when referring to their own team suggesting somehow that they were detached from the club. My biggest concern at the moment is where do we find a striker for next season.  

• Agree 2

Was never a big fan of Hughes but didn't at any stage want him to leave as change and uncertainty are, well, changey and lacking in certainty. Dunno who is likely to be interested or if the board has anyone in view. Dunno anything actually, as others have suggested above. But change, uncertainty, gaaah!

I suppose there's no chance but it would be awfy nice if Celtic fans got hyped up about the possibility of Brendan Rodgers and ended up with Yogi...

12 hours ago, caleyboy said:

A sad end but if compensatiion hasn't been agreed why is this in the press? Again a very amateur way to conduct any business. Whoever let this go out should be sacked NOW! With regard to a breakdown in relationship with Cameron why is everyone assuming it was Yogi to blame? It takes two to tango! Our chairman should also review his position.

I would respectfully disagree. I have known Kenny for nigh on 15 years and he is a man of integrity who will (and has) taken a fair bit of flak. This is not a knee jerk reaction or a case of going in a huff .....

8 hours ago, forresjags said:

To be honest not sure how much credit the Board can take. We are where we are,  due to astute Managers scouting players from the likes of Kidderminster, Stockport, Luton etc and galvanising them into very good teams. No transfer fees have been paid, no massive cash injections from the board, everything has been done on a shoestring.   

On the playing side I would agree with several of our managers pulling off some decent signings. However, given that our club never makes a profit without some form of windfall or administrative magic, or indeed (over the years) smaller sums of monies put in by those same directors then I would argue that the board should take a large amount of credit ... otherwise those signings, and an SPL budget (even if its a low one) would not be possible. 

6 hours ago, Huisdean said:

Totally agree with this. Neither Yogi or the Board come out of this well. I have said previously that I have reservations about the ability of the current board to take us further and I think this situation underlines this. To get to a situation where Chairman and manage no longer speaking, if P & J is to be believed, is ridiculous. If the board were seriously dismissing Hughes, then a plan should have been in place to ensure a replacement is lines up as soon as possible.  What does this situation say to managers who may be interested as well in our club. This needs to get sorted quickly with a lot more communication from our normally reticent board.

Who says a contingency plan is not in place? If the relationship had indeed got that bad then to think otherwise would seem foolish. 

5 hours ago, oats said:

Butcher,McCall same old names, whats wrong with actually having a look about it see whats available? im tired of the same old sh1te being churned out when we need a manager, we need someone forward thinking to come in. 

Assuming this happens, I am sure the club (and the chairman) will have a plan ... after all, Yogi himself was not favourite for the job when the chairman took a gamble and gave it to him .... 

• Agree 1