New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

Just now, WYNESS101 said:

Foran & Latapy or Latapy & Foran

Paul Sheerin & Foran

I'd be happy with any one of those combinations.

Foran as manager, playing with the development squad the way Hamilton do it. Similar sized club, budget, retention policies....

Excerpt from a Russel latapy interview in The Scotsman - 6th March, 2016

"The mood turns slightly more serious when he contemplates his current situation, which could be described as being between jobs. He walked away from Inverness before the beginning of this season, explaining to Hughes that he wished to manage in his own right, rather than be an assistant.

He planned to be back in work by the end of the year. “I do miss Scottish football and football in general, but it was a decision I made at the time and you have to stick by them,” he says. “I left Inverness at a peculiar time, when it was the beginning of the season and everyone pretty much had their teams. I was hoping that maybe by December I would be back in the game.

“I know I will be back in the game by the beginning of next season. I’ve already had a few offers that have not been right for me, although not in Scotland. These have been in Portugal and the Caribbean. But next season I will definitely be back.”

He believes his ambitions are being frustrated through no fault of his own. There is a persistent suspicion black managers are not being given the chance to show what they can do in British football – and Latapy subscribes to this view. In Scottish football, where Latapy would most like to manage, the absence of black managers is as stark as anywhere, perhaps starker."

Was part of the management team that took us to 3rd in the league an won the Scottish cup. Well worth a shout with Foran as Assistant

• Agree 3

Butcher? No way. He burnt his bridges when he sat with the Hibs directors when he was still on our payroll. I reckon we should look to the Icelandic league. Of course, Foran is the obvious choice though. Either way, we need Raven signed up. Best of luck and best wishes to John Hughes. He won the Scottish Cup with us and we shouldn't forget that. Exciting times ahead. Trepidation, and excitement. 

• Agree 6

I'm sure that there will be no shortage of applicants for the manager post. It provides a very good platform for anyone with the right skills to show exactly how good they can be. I think there will be a number of applicants who are young, dynamic and full of hunger for success and a determination to prove that they can do well out there. For me this is the type of manager I'd like to see (rather than a been there, done that type who sees ICT as a bit of a second best option). I think that this type of manager would fit in well with the general ethos within the team to be the best they can be and to always strive to prove the doubters wrong. I don't think mega wages would be a problem either as this type of manager would want the job, not for the money involved, but in order to prove their worth. Of course this all sounds very idealistic, and where the downfall would be would be that when success follows, it would only be a matter of time before our manager would start looking at bigger (but not necessarily better) prospects. This would be the point where maybe we have to be realistic and accept that once this seed has been sown it always signals the beginning of the end. We have seen it time and time again and whether a manager is tempted to take up a lucrative offer or is persuaded to stay, at that point they start to distance themselves from their role at ICT, so really what is the point in trying to hang on to someone who no longer wishes to be there. We have to perhaps change our mindset to see it as flattering that our club is seen as a great place for an aspiring manager and rather than feel rejected when they move on, be proud that Inverness played a part in their career and that they hopefully have happy memories of a successful time at our club. In other words we are like a feeder club for managers. I know how upsetting it is to see managers, and players too, being picked off by other clubs (Aberdeen for one), but if we can accept that this is how things are likely to play out then we can enjoy our clubs part in producing promising managers.

And of course, we always get the last laugh anyway when 'The Curse of Caley Thistle' strikes when the try to reproduce what they had here elsewhere! 

I hope the team are enjoying their holidays and not getting too caught up in all this - I have every faith in them carrying us through whatever lies ahead and I hope Dave the Rave has not even started to think about packing up yet.

• Agree 5

6 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

I'm sure that there will be no shortage of applicants for the manager post. It provides a very good platform for anyone with the right skills to show exactly how good they can be. I think there will be a number of applicants who are young, dynamic and full of hunger for success and a determination to prove that they can do well out there. For me this is the type of manager I'd like to see (rather than a been there, done that type who sees ICT as a bit of a second best option). I think that this type of manager would fit in well with the general ethos within the team to be the best they can be and to always strive to prove the doubters wrong. I don't think mega wages would be a problem either as this type of manager would want the job, not for the money involved, but in order to prove their worth. Of course this all sounds very idealistic, and where the downfall would be would be that when success follows, it would only be a matter of time before our manager would start looking at bigger (but not necessarily better) prospects. This would be the point where maybe we have to be realistic and accept that once this seed has been sown it always signals the beginning of the end. We have seen it time and time again and whether a manager is tempted to take up a lucrative offer or is persuaded to stay, at that point they start to distance themselves from their role at ICT, so really what is the point in trying to hang on to someone who no longer wishes to be there. We have to perhaps change our mindset to see it as flattering that our club is seen as a great place for an aspiring manager and rather than feel rejected when they move on, be proud that Inverness played a part in their career and that they hopefully have happy memories of a successful time at our club. In other words we are like a feeder club for managers. I know how upsetting it is to see managers, and players too, being picked off by other clubs (Aberdeen for one), but if we can accept that this is how things are likely to play out then we can enjoy our clubs part in producing promising managers.

And of course, we always get the last laugh anyway when 'The Curse of Caley Thistle' strikes when the try to reproduce what they had here elsewhere! 

I hope the team are enjoying their holidays and not getting too caught up in all this - I have every faith in them carrying us through whatever lies ahead and I hope Dave the Rave has not even started to think about packing up yet.

Hard to disagree.

24 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Hard to disagree.

31 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Totally agree. In the past I think weve sold the club as somewhere to shine and move on to bigger things. 

Reading some of the comments on FB especially a few of our fans need a reality check on our financial means. To think we can compete financially with the likes of Aberdeen is deluded. 

• Agree 4

No statement from the club yet about the search for a new manager so maybe there is a strong possibility of an internal appointment in the offing.

As the club stewardship are aware an appointment needs to be made extremely quickly in order to put this incident behind us and allow the new manager to put his plans in place with the limited time available. Whoever it is will need time to get the players he wants to stay signed up and new players identified and brought in to allow them time to gel pre-season. The new league season kicks off on the 6th August and the new League Cup format commences on the 16th July which is only 8 weeks away so a lot to do in a short period. 

Unfortunately with the recent events the next two months are going to be a lot more critical now and very busy for all of those involved at the club. Interesting times indeed and let the next chapter begin.... 

15 hours ago, lightwelter said:

Latapy is a decent shout, but from what I've heard about from ex managers I don't think he'd be much of a motivator.

Incredibly lazy guy by all accounts. 

I doubt we could afford him nor do i think he would come but Kenny Miller as player manager would be good for this club both as a player and i would think he would have many contacts in the game