New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

On 22/05/2016 at 6:10 PM, Huisdean said:

So only certain fans who meet your criteria are allowed to have and opinion and 

38 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Well for CB, it's because he doesn't pay to get in?.

Read thread again mate.

I never mentioned anything about how much people pay to get in.

I think possibly bishbashbosh  might have made mention of it though.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1763-managerial-players-situation

Statement from the board re manager situation. They state that they are working there way through the "options available to them". This doesn't sound much like they are conducting interviews with candidates for the position. Both the courier and press & journal are reporting that Foran is likely to get the job, certainly seems like that might be the case. I'd much rather someone with experience, but if we bring in someone with experience as assistant then it could work. Foran seems like he'd have the tools to motivate players, you certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him! It's whether or not he has the tactical knowledge and the ability to recruit players that worries me. 

4 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Loving the interactiveness going on lately between the club and the fans. Thankyou to the board for keeping us so well informed - much appreciated. :ictscarf:

Agreed ... although a motivating force for transparency may be the fact that the loss of manager (and related uncertainties) unfortunately coincides with the release of season tickets for sale ;)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, lightwelter said:

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1763-managerial-players-situation

Statement from the board re manager situation. They state that they are working there way through the "options available to them". This doesn't sound much like they are conducting interviews with candidates for the position. Both the courier and press & journal are reporting that Foran is likely to get the job, certainly seems like that might be the case. I'd much rather someone with experience, but if we bring in someone with experience as assistant then it could work. Foran seems like he'd have the tools to motivate players, you certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him! It's whether or not he has the tactical knowledge and the ability to recruit players that worries me. 

That's not how I read it. Options available to them could be candidates that KC has seeked out for/applicants that have applied for the job. Whilst Richie Foran will be the favourite, they might go left field and sign up a manager that nobody really thought of. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

That's not how I read it. Options available to them could be candidates that KC has seeked out for/applicants that have applied for the job. Whilst Richie Foran will be the favourite, they might go left field and sign up a manager that nobody really thought of. 

True, I could be wrong and one of the "options available" could be bringing in someone from elsewhere. Fingers crossed.

40 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Doubt our board will go looking for a manager as it is not their style and also likely to cost .

More likely will wait a couple of weeks to see who applies then short list as has been their previous approach which generally has proved successful .

sit back and enjoy the ride !! 

17 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

Doubt our board will go looking for a manager as it is not their style and also likely to cost .

More likely will wait a couple of weeks to see who applies then short list as has been their previous approach which generally has proved successful .

sit back and enjoy the ride !! 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain we approached Alloa to speak to Paul Hartley at the time. 

Would a club start signing players (even fans' favourites like Dave the Rave) on 2 year deals without a new manager's blessing? ... Just a matter of time before Richie is unveiled me thinks. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain we approached Alloa to speak to Paul Hartley at the time. 

Think he applied and was on a short leet of 4 . Doubt you would ask to speak to another clubs manager then put him on a short leet . However perhaps you had some inside information only you will know .

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, rocky1 said:

Think he applied and was on a short leet of 4 . Doubt you would ask to speak to another clubs manager then put him on a short leet . However perhaps you had some inside information only you will know .

Les Fridge has left Nairn County.......

9 hours ago, rocky1 said:

What's a short leet?