New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

3 hours ago, PrideOFtheHIGHLANDS said:

Found him:tosser:

image.png

If I'm not mistaken he is wearing a poppy showing respect for the dead , but absolutely no respect for the living !!

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Bear in mind the story is in the Daily Record so is unlikely to have any substance to it....The 'newspaper, that once described a certain Craig Whyte as 'a billionaire with wealth of the scale'. Keith Jackson is to journalism what Charles Bannerman is to tact and diplomacy....

Surely should read .... Keith Jackson is to journalism what Charles Bannerman is to journalism....

• Agree 2

On 27/05/2016 at 10:11 PM, 12th Man said:

Now now, Charles is a big asset to the club.

3 hours ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Hard to disagree with that.

I didn't think you were supposed to be able to slag posters off unless it was light humour.

Or edit peoples posts.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

4 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

4 years? [insert 'gulp' smiley] 

Yes, inevitable appointment, but 4 years seems lengthy for an untried commodity! Anyway, welcome, Richie and I look forward to your promise of togetherness and a new style of play! I am also glad to see that you've decided to hang up the boots - not that you wouldn't have something to offer on the pitch, but I think there would be a conflict of interest if you had continued playing.

A huge undertaking For one who is inexperienced yet I have a good feeling about it. You cannot fault his attitude and the Board is obviously right behind him two very important factors. I just hope the fans will give him their full support and not rush into slagging him off if things don't go too well as he implements change to our style of play. These things generally take time to materialise into the required strategy.

Will be interesting to see who he now brings in to the squad to give us the impetus to get the ball in the back of the net.

The very best of luck Richie, I am sure you will be a success. What a step up for you, not many people lead a Premier side for their first foray into management.

An exciting season ahead methinks.

• Agree 2

Good luck Richie. At least we have a manager who is happy and settled with life in the highlands, so wont be looking to jump ship to the first decent job that becomes available in the central belt

• Agree 6

I'll probably get slated for this and while it was almost inevitable that RF would be announced as our new manager I'm a little underwhelmed - almost like a kid expecting a PS4 for Christmas and getting a PS Vita instead ......................... I'm sure the feeling will pass though.

Good luck to RH, you'll need it and IMO you'll have to make some changes especially in the backroom department as being inside the club already changing the attitudes of those already there may be very difficult, possibly get a stronger assistant in if budgets allow.

Pleased to hear that he wants to get stuck straight in and postpone interaction with the media until mid-June and also pleasing that he wants to engage with the fans as well, a strong indication that he understands that such a link is paramount to his and the teams success.

An interesting few months ahead to see who his targets and potential signings are then pre-season, if only there was a big tournament on somewhere to make the time pass quicker until then .......................

This is a real statement of intent by the Board and Richie. I can't think of anyone more committed to the place who is better qualified to lead us forward. His football knowledge, determination, willingness to embrace learning gives me great hope for the season ahead and I'm sure that the whole dressing room will be chuffed that he's got the job.I see an answer to those who thought recently that the board were distant and disconnected from the fans - they've been listening it would seem.

Some might be concerned at Richie's lack of experience, but I'd rather that than the "usual suspects" that queue up looking for another job at the first hint of a vacancy. Well done all, togetherness indeed.

• Agree 3