New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

Great to read all the positive comments on here now that the appointment has been made.  I think there is a sense of relief all round that the decision has been made.  Although maybe not everybody's first choice, I think we can all understand the reasons why Richie got the job.  And, to a man, I'm confident that all the fans will give him our full support. Like many others have said, I too am looking forward to the new season with a fair amount of optimism.

Onwards and upwards!

• Agree 1

The last two managers brought their own qualities to the club and have improved things in their own different way.

It's now Richie's turn, you can see things open up in front of goal when he came on the pitch of late, so here's hoping he can hone the skills of the new signings so we can all play as one and we'll put the educatin to bed for a while.

I think this is the best bit of news our club could have had. I seriously believe that Richie Foran will turn us into one of the most exciting teams to watch going forward, and we already have the basis of one of the best defences in the league.

Can see him look for a player of his own ilk, determined and not shirking a tackle or responsibility. All we need is someone upfront who can score regularly. Billy Mckay might consider coming back now? Who knows, we might already have our goal scorer!

Richie, all the best, I trust we are in for an exciting time. Behind you all the way.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

The last two managers brought their own qualities to the club and have improved things in their own different way.

It's now Richie's turn, you can see things open up in front of goal when he came on the pitch of late, so here's hoping he can hone the skills of the new signings so we can all play as one and we'll put the educatin to bed for a while.

He has also been able to witness what both the previous managers have done at first hand so he ought to be in a position to utilise the good things they each brought to the role, recognise and avoid the errors they both made while putting his own stamp on things at the same time.

• Agree 1

Maybe Martin Dowden should have viewed this forum before penning that misjudged article just to see how positively and enthusiastically the fans have greeted Richie's appointment. We certainly don't regard him as a second rate or cheap option. Maybe something for Richie to pin on hid office wall for inspiration.

Hi there,

First time I've posted on this forum so please be gentle with me.:smile:  To give you my background as a Caley supporter I moved to the Inverness area in 1993 so had a new club to support (I used to watch West Ham occasionaly in my younger years but wouldn't consider myself a true supporter) with no baggage of the earlier Inverness footballing years but respect for all the history.  I don't get to as many games as I would like due to work but I'm sure you know how that is, please don't think it makes me less of a Caley fan.

So, to behonest I was pleased when John Hughes was appointed but like others on here became disillusioned by a lot of the style of play under him and saddened by the events which unfolded.  But that is in the past and it's time to look forward so I just want to add my comments to those above and say good luck Richie, I believe in you and think you can do something good at Caley.  I believe the fans will be happy to get behind you and the team and can't wait to see the new season under way although I have no illusions, it won't be easy.

Good luck Richie and Caley!!

Edited by Caleytrue
spelling!
  • Agree 11

7 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Someone on P&B is saying we're paying for Marsella as a scout again, which might help Richie with recruitment. Not sure whether that's true or if it happened recently.

It would be interesting to know whether that is true, I would be pleased if it was.

Yes Missy Izzy I was out of order slagging off Foran.

Actually, now I am quite pleased that he has been appointed

manager. He has promised attacking football, compared to the shyte

that J H gave us. He loves Inverness, is married and settled here with his family.

If JH had stayed I was not going to renew my season ticket. (and I've had one since

the start), Yes, we won the Scottish Cup and he got us to Europe, (and I was there), but the last season was dire.

Delighted that David raven is staying!

Now I hope we can sign somebody who can score GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 4

It's a gamble which might be inspired and the start of something remarkable or might be something else entirely but the main thing is the uncertainty ends and the club can plan for the new season. Hopefully RF has demonstrated qualities that show he can be a terrific manager (and, in due course, probably move on somewhere else).

Hopefully he has told the board that there are certain players he wants to see added and expects to have them funded. Next I hope he looks at the youth set-up. And third, organises a pre-season friendly v Kirkie Rob Roy.

7 minutes ago, JoFrAl said:

Yes Missy Izzy I was out of order slagging off Foran.

Actually, now I am quite pleased that he has been appointed

manager. He has promised attacking football, compared to the shyte

that J H gave us. He loves Inverness, is married and settled here with his family.

If JH had stayed I was not going to renew my season ticket. (and I've had one since

the start), Yes, we won the Scottish Cup and he got us to Europe, (and I was there), but the last season was dire.

Delighted that David raven is staying!

Now I hope we can sign somebody who can score GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done you've redeemed yourself . :-) 

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Caleytrue said:

Hi there,

First time I've posted on this forum so please be gentle with me.:smile:  To give you my background as a Caley supporter I moved to the Inverness area in 1993 so had a new club to support (I used to watch West Ham occasionaly in my younger years but wouldn't consider myself a true supporter) with no baggage of the earlier Inverness footballing years but respect for all the history.  I don't get to as many games as I would like due to work but I'm sure you know how that is, please don't think it makes me less of a Caley fan.

So, to behonest I was pleased when John Hughes was appointed but like others on here became disillusioned by a lot of the style of play under him and saddened by the events which unfolded.  But that is in the past and it's time to look forward so I just want to add my comments to those above and say good luck Richie, I believe in you and think you can do something good at Caley.  I believe the fans will be happy to get behind you and the team and can't wait to see the new season under way although I have no illusions, it won't be easy.

Good luck Richie and Caley!!

....and that goes for the Thistle part of the team too....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Delighted that Richie Foran got the gig and I well and truly hope he succeeds in the job. What I will be looking forward to is the style of play that is implemented? Will it be back to how Butcher set things up or will it be more of Yogi style of play? 

I have every faith that he is the type of strong character we need, a motivator which is something John Hughes in my opinion didn't possess. Following the speculation in the Daily Record, I would highly welcome a return for Maurice Malpas as assistant coach. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Thanks to John Hughes for all that he did for the club, things worked well for both parties when they did work. Shame it ended the way it did. Time to move on now. All the very best of Highland luck to Richie Foran. "Richie Foran's Blue and Red Army" got a good ring to it...

• Agree 2

I had pretty much dismissed the talk of Malpas being assistant as easy, lazy journalism until I read this article about Foran's relationship with him and most pertinently, how Malpas prefers keeping a low profile.  Got to admit I was very dubious of the thought of Malpas coming in as assistant to a former player for him and a total rookie but seems plausible.

Agree with other comments about Kellacher though, I get the impression that they are close, just unsure whether he will step up to management or whether he'll continue to do a fantastic role as coach.

The club/board have made their mistakes in the last year but what a turnaround in the last week.  I'm as proud now to call myself an ICT fan as I was this time last year when we won the cup, and that's saying something.  We've got our club "back" and we can look to the future with smiles on our faces.

All the very very best to you Richie, you've earned this opportunity and I don't doubt for a minute that you'll give it absolutely everything and be a brilliant ambassador for our club and do everyone proud.

• Agree 7

Not wishing to rain on the Foran supporters parade but I worry about his appointment whilst wishing him well, management is not something you just step into and do well it takes years of experience to become a good manager in any walk of life. Charlie Christie was one of our truly great players and filled almost every role at the club but when it came to managing the football team it was by his own admission beyond him, same goes for Brewster when he was no longer a player. Be careful what you wish for. JH was an experienced manager and knew how to set up a team even when injuries restricted his choices, his problem was that he couldn't get/keep the quality up front to top off what he was teaching our defenders and midfielders. I truly fear for Foran and the club when things start to go pear shaped he needs an experienced no 2 at a minimum. Okay you can start hitting me with red dots now.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, IT86 said:

Thanks to John Hughes for all that he did for the club, things worked well for both parties when they did work. Shame it ended the way it did. Time to move on now. All the very best of Highland luck to Richie Foran. "Richie Foran's Blue and Red Army" got a good ring to it...

Prefer the ring of Richie Foran's Blue, Red and Black Army myself :smile:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Not wishing to rain on the Foran supporters parade but I worry about his appointment whilst wishing him well, management is not something you just step into and do well it takes years of experience to become a good manager in any walk of life. Charlie Christie was one of our truly great players and filled almost every role at the club but when it came to managing the football team it was by his own admission beyond him, same goes for Brewster when he was no longer a player. Be careful what you wish for. JH was an experienced manager and knew how to set up a team even when injuries restricted his choices, his problem was that he couldn't get/keep the quality up front to top off what he was teaching our defenders and midfielders. I truly fear for Foran and the club when things start to go pear shaped he needs an experienced no 2 at a minimum. Okay you can start hitting me with red dots now.

For goodness sake, the ink on his contract is hardly dry. Give the man a chance.

• Agree 2