New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

8 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

JH was an experienced manager and knew how to set up a team even when injuries restricted his choices, his problem was that he couldn't get/keep the quality up front to top off what he was teaching our defenders and midfielders.

:laugh:

Anyway, being absolutely honest yes I am a bit reserved about appointing Foran. It's hard not to look past his lack of experience. That said, other managers have come into ICT with little experience and done just fine. Completely agree with what alternative maryhill says about retaining current players, having a good team ethos / spine which will help Foran no end whilst he gets to grips with his new role. We've got a solid back line and some good quality in midfield (lets hope we hold on to Tansey) but we definitely need reinforcements up front. With Doran back that will be like a new signing but hopefully we can get Roberts signed up again and play them with Polworth behind a striker (is Mckay too much to hope for?) That would be a pretty damn good starting XI although it might not end up like that!

I think expectations for next season will need to be tempered significantly but hopefully we at least see a return to some more attacking football. As pointed out it's ridiculous that we finished where we did despite having as little as 2 shots on target in games. We were awfully dull to watch for a vast majority of the campaign. A return to the style of play we saw in the 4 - 1 rout of Partick would be good. Hopefully Foran takes us there.

Personally, I am already looking forward to him giving a Rock Bottom to Willie Collum if he gives a penalty against us.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Delighted that a new manager has been appointed, and happy that foran is getting a chance. No one knows how it will work out but he certainly has a lot to offer and the prospect of attacking football is very pleasing.

I have to say that in the last month or so the board have done a tremendous job keeping the club spirit going and saving it from what could have been a disaster. Hughes had to go when he spoke out as no one man is bigger than our club. The player contracts  continued to be signed including Dave the rave! 

Suddenly from a lot of fans up in arms and pondering our poor season, yogi went and there has been a continual rise in expectations for the coming season and excitement is brewing. 

That's why I love football and supporting ICT.

• Agree 6

I can't say this appointment was unexpected and I wish RF all the best of luck. He will have ups and downs just like all our previous managers and I just hope the usual critics give him a chance when things aren't going so well. Personally, I look forward to seeing what changes he makes and the type of player he signs. They say Ireland has a wealth of talent waiting to be developed so maybe he will look to his homeland to start his recruitment. Good luck!

• Agree 8

19 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

I haven't seen anything about this but if it is true I am sure Richie feels he must fit in with his plans

In today's press and journal.

I haven't spoken to anyone who doesn't want Foran as our manager, it was always going to happen so it wasn't a surprise when it was announced. 

Im exited to see what kind of playing style he and his assistant will use and how well the players will work together under Foran. 

I think with some good recruiting and a experienced assistant(not rice) the coming season has a lot of potential. If we challenge for top 6 under Foran then that surely will bring the attendances up and get people in Inverness talking about ICT

If the excitement at Richie's appointment continues unabated then perhaps the turnstiles will click a great deal more and the extra revenue coming in from the additional fans could  offset the payment demanded by Mr J .H.

That is, equilibrium and a clean sheet for Richie. :smile:

6 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

It sounds however that Rice is well liked by the players.

You sure about that? I heard the players weren't happy with him because he works them to hard especially towards the end of the season. In saying that we did finish the season strongly, still think we could do with a more experienced assistant. Rice just as a coach could work though. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

If the excitement at Richie's appointment continues unabated then perhaps the turnstiles will click a great deal more and the extra revenue coming in from the additional fans could  offset the payment demanded by Mr J .H.

That is, equilibrium and a clean sheet for Richie. :smile:

A laudable sentiment Scarlet but sadly if taking 14,000 to Hampden didn't add to the gate the following season the appointment of a new manager, even a highly popular one, id unlikely in itself to have much effect but what it may well do is to prevent a fall in attendances which may have been the case if Yogi had stayed.

• Agree 2

On 31/05/2016 at 0:44 AM, wynthank15 said:
8 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A laudable sentiment Scarlet but sadly if taking 14,000 to Hampden didn't add to the gate the following season the appointment of a new manager, even a highly popular one, id unlikely in itself to have much effect but what it may well do is to prevent a fall in attendances which may have been the case if Yogi had stayed.

I know,  of the '15,000 to Hampden', if you took 3,000 regulars off of the tally and if the remaining 12,000 went to only one league match per season the average gate would have gone up by 631,

The potential was there but the team was disjointed, it wasn't until our 4th home match that we actually scored a goal or 5 matches if you included Fc Astra.

If we had started the season as well as we had finished it, then I'm sure it would have been a few hundred extra per game easy.

Hopefully Richie can have a good start to the new season but it's early days, so the league Cup matches will come at a good time for us to get some game time in.

I've heard Brian Rice has a good track record of developing youth players. Anyone have any further information? If this is the case, retaining him as an employee would make sense. We need to see youth players coming through the ranks. 

3 minutes ago, TopSix said:

I've heard Brian Rice has a good track record of developing youth players. Anyone have any further information? If this is the case, retaining him as an employee would make sense. We need to see youth players coming through the ranks. 

I was told this by one of his old pals. 

So probably a little bias :smile: