New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

I'm well chuffed with this appointment and must congratulate the board on having the courage to give Richie this chance. I'm also happy with the length of the contract. It points to a confidence flowing both ways between our manager and the board and hopefully will help to settle everything down so we can look forward to a prolonged period of stability - and more success.

Also, I'm not concerned about Richie's perceived lack of experience. He's just completed a very decent playing career and proved himself to be a great leader on the pitch and in the dressing room, I've no doubt he can take that experience to the bench and be a very successful manager. If he can take that step up in the same way as Alex Neil has done I'll be more than delighted.

Good luck Richie, I feel you have an unprecedented level of support from us all and we're looking forward to the next chapter in our short and exciting history with you at the helm.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

As a happy man he may be at ICT until he retires .

He does appear to love the Highlands and his family is also settled here.

Since this is now about a local lad whose feet and future are firmly planted in Inverness, we should support him 100% , through thick and thin IMHO.

End of story.

• Agree 2

I was very impressed by Richie's interview on Fri night on STV . He came across as very passionate and keen to do well for everyone . It's the first interview in a while when I felt our manager is on our side .Well done Richie and Good Luck with your first season in charge and hope it's the first of many . Looking forward to good times ahead.

• Agree 4

I'm absolutely buzzing for the new season.for the first time since Steve Paterson we've got a manager we all want.hopefully tcs will be a wee bit fuller backing a man that wants to be here and committed to the city.

• Agree 6

Interesting article from Duncan Shearer in the Scotsman:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/inverness-ct/duncan-shearer-inverness-ct-overplayed-under-john-hughes-1-4162686

I like the sense of togetherness around ICT at the moment and I'm glad to see the acknowledgement from within the coaching team that we "overplayed" last season. I'm really optimistic for this season: a combination of players with the skills and coaching to retain possession when necessary, and a more attacking philosophy could work very well.

• Agree 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On Radio Scotland tonight ( post match) , Charlie Christie sounded like he would be up for driving the club forward managerially. There's clearly a lot of issues off the park as well as on. I would urge any ICT fan to listen to his radio commentary and analysis.

9 hours ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

On Radio Scotland tonight ( post match) , Charlie Christie sounded like he would be up for driving the club forward managerially. There's clearly a lot of issues off the park as well as on. I would urge any ICT fan to listen to his radio commentary and analysis.

Is there any way to listen to the comments? It's no on BBC iPlayer or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the majority are in agreement that a new manager is needed for next season. Given where we find ourselves this season and just how poor we have been i think the club has no choice but to look for a new manager for next season. Some fans are saying Hartley, A few are saying bring back Butcher but the big question is,  Who would give us the best chance of going straight back up in our first season. I would like to see a new manager  but out of all our former managers i would not be against John Robertson making a return. I thought we were pretty decent under him. So who is the one that would give us best chance of promotion next season ?

• Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Mark McGhee anyone? I'd be content with him, Peter Houston (who I'd like to have seen replace Yogi), or Paul Hartley.

Nooooooo please no! Hartley at a push maybe but no to other 2. Doubt Houston would come anyway. 

• tm4tj locked this topic