New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

6 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

As I've said on another forum it's Foran with Malpas as no.2 next season.

I reckon that will be the case too-who knows! Suggested Barry Smith on another thread-working part time at east fife just now,did a decent job getting dundee promoted,I seem to remember.

Definetly NOT McGhee-or Butcher! Wouldn't mind Hartley...will have a point to prove after being given the boot by dundee. Noticed big Darren Dods is doing well at Brechin-big step up from part time though.

47 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

As I've said on another forum it's Foran with Malpas as no.2 next season.

Good grief!! Hope not for all our sake. 

I think there would be a lot of people interested. Every year more footballers retire and a management career is potentially longer than a playing one so masterminding an ICT recovery will be a draw for someone with a bit if ambition. (And preferably management / coaching & playing  track record). Or the Ian Cathro route? After all, recent history suggests we're an established SPFL club which has maybe lost it's way after Yogi events which lead to a poor managerial appointment in RF.

Can we start looking beyond posting for Butcher, Hughes, Paterson or any other ex-manager to return, its a tiresome discussion that has been posted so many times its like groundhog day. They came, they did, they might even have achieved, they moved on and now lets do the same for everyone's sanity.

• Agree 8

Butcher - No

Robbo - No

Paul Hartley - Maybe, but with some reservations

Mark McGhee - No

Danny Lennon - No

Russell Latapy - No

Peter Houston - No (doubt he'd want it anyway)

Billy Reid - :laugh:

Gus MacPherson - No

Right I think that about covers it.

Edited by Renegade

Posters should be forced to make a choice rather than simply deriding others when they stick their head above the parapet. And I don't just mean Renegade.

Criticising is easy. Sticking your neck out is the difficult part.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

On 20/05/2016 at 4:31 PM, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Foran and Esson as Assistant might facilitate the retention of Deano. Both Richie and Ryan are very fit people with significant drive. 

Foran and esson are you smoking crack that'd be the worst combo in history I'd rather a chimpanzee than that pair of clowns

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Chimp or Champ Ally McCoist .......not a lot of people know this but super Ally loves it in the Highlands and Islands.

Recently he had a cycling break in Lewis and Harris and a few years ago he was up in the Lochinver direction for a week.

Could do a lot worse than him!

• Disagree 1

For the poster who had a dig at me, I did actually make my suggestion on a deleted thread. Jack Ross, David Hopkins or Darren Dods but also think it's an relevant point as Foran will stay. The board will think he deserves an chance to get us back up if relegated and as an individual he will think he's learned enough and has something to prove. Whether we like it or not get used to Foran staying, I'm resigned to it so will back him and hope for the best.

25 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

The board will think he deserves an chance to get us back up if relegated and as an individual he will think he's learned enough

If Foran could learn from his mistakes he'd be a managerial genius by now.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

If Foran could learn from his mistakes he'd be a managerial genius by now.

Probably the first time in human history that the name FORAN  and the word GENIUS has been used in the same sentence!. :laugh:

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Ten4 said:

Chimp or Champ Ally McCoist .......not a lot of people know this but super Ally loves it in the Highlands and Islands.

Recently he had a cycling break in Lewis and Harris and a few years ago he was up in the Lochinver direction for a week.

Could do a lot worse than him!

:amazed: put the crack pipe down , Ally McCoist ffs .

• Agree 3

On 14/05/2017 at 4:17 PM, Matt Shaw said:

I think Danny Lennon could be a decent option, he has experience rebuilding a squad and I imagine he would be cheaper than Hartley.

We could use him as a butler...

Sorry Matt, it was an in joke a few years back

• tm4tj locked this topic