New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

On 16 May 2017 at 8:08 PM, Alan Simpson said:

Foran and esson are you smoking crack that'd be the worst combo in history I'd rather a chimpanzee than that pair of clowns

A chimpanzee smoking crack would have more intelligence than anything you've ever posted.

• Agree 3

On 5/17/2017 at 4:15 AM, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

:amazed: put the crack pipe down , Ally McCoist ffs .

McCoist, he's so fat we would have to double the width of the tunnel for him to get pitch side.

Besides, no thanks. He's a has been in football, but now a world champion pie eater by the looks of it. 

:ictscarf:

McCoist was offered the job years ago and turned it down due to our location.  He didn't do a very good job at Rangers even when they were playing part time sides every week.  If he wasn't great with a team that was always on the front foot, I wouldn't fancy our chances with him in charge of a side that could possibly (should we stay up) be under the cosh most weeks.  He seems like a nice enough guy, but he wouldn't be my choice.

• Agree 3

Darren will have done his chances no harm by taking lowly Brechin into the championship by beating Alloa in a penalty shoot out.  I watched the last few minutes of normal time plus all of extra time and penalties on Alba.  Very enjoyable, and either of these teams, on current form, would be a handful for us in the Championship.  Get darren Dods back to the Longman I say.

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks

4 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Darren will have done his chances no harm by taking lowly Brechin into the championship by beating Alloa in a penalty shoot out.  I watched the last few minutes of normal time plus all of extra time and penalties on Alba.  Very enjoyable, and either of these teams, on current form, would be a handful for us in the Championship.  Get darren Dods back to the Longman I say.

Not a bad shout at all. 

12 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

Short leet rumours 

paul sheerin

darren dodds

jack ross

Would be very happy with any of those 3-can't see jack ross leaving St Mirren to manage in the same league though..

Is Paul Sheerin still at Arbroath?

6 minutes ago, jingsmonty said:

Would be very happy with any of those 3-can't see jack ross leaving St Mirren to manage in the same league though..

Is Paul Sheerin still at Arbroath?

Sheerin is Aberdeen u 20 coach

59 minutes ago, rocky1 said:

The only football manager to have a worse win record than a certain R Foran

Ah...cheers. Probably end up at the TCS then..

Was reading in the courier that Maurice Malpas may be interested in the General Manager post..

Could see a lot of discontent if RF is still in charge next season - protests,etc. We need unity & harmony (as well as kerping majority of current squad, of course..)to have a realistic chance of promotion next season - which I can't see us having any of the above with RF still in charge

On 5/14/2017 at 3:43 PM, jingsmonty said:

I reckon that will be the case too-who knows! Suggested Barry Smith on another thread-working part time at east fife just now,did a decent job getting dundee promoted,I seem to remember.

Definetly NOT McGhee-or Butcher! Wouldn't mind Hartley...will have a point to prove after being given the boot by dundee. Noticed big Darren Dods is doing well at Brechin-big step up from part time though.

Barry Smith  Dundee in the season 2012-13               had a premier league win rate of  11.54%   

which is worse than Richies whose win rate is closer to 17%. However in his defense his Dundee team may not have been prepared for the SPL as the were only promoted after Rangers went into Administration. 

Edited by Caley1885

20 minutes ago, Caley1885 said:
  Barry Smith  Dundee in the season 2012-13               had a premier league win rate of  11.54%   

which is worse than Richies whose win rate is closer to 17%. However in his defense his Dundee team may not have been prepared for the SPL as the were only promoted after Rangers went into Administration. 

Fair point - the 3 names quoted above would be better..

Jack Ross

Darren Dods

Paul Sheerin

Although we will be stuck with RF, I fear. Maybe there will be a left-field choice that none of us will see coming..I would even rather have Malpas, despite his poor record as a manager..

Think the point about Dundee being ill prepared to play in premier league is valid - I just thought that Barry Smith knows the championship & would be looking to get back into full time management. Also annoys my Wife when I suggest him as she is an East Fife fan (as well as an ICT one..):lol:!

• tm4tj locked this topic