New Manager Thread

Kingsmills

Quite honestly the atmosphere around Foran is so negative that I would take just about anybody as an improvement. He has set the bar low for a replacement. The most important thing is that we start again with an atmosphere of positivity and optimism, so I would welcome somebody like Sheerin, Hartley, Dodds or even Eustace P McGargle.

1 hour ago, Hiro said:

This should kick the boards arse into clarification one way or other now then as they would surely want to confirm or deny the stv report.

They will now uave to publically back Richie and say there was/is no interest in Sheerin or sack Richie and start preparing for season ahead.

Interesting devolpment or Tyrone Smith been reading forums

5 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

This should kick the boards arse into clarification one way or other now then as they would surely want to confirm or deny the stv report.

They will now uave to publically back Richie and say there was/is no interest in Sheerin or sack Richie and start preparing for season ahead.

Interesting devolpment or Tyrone Smith been reading forums

I await the next move with interest..hope this is true & not a bit of speculative digging by Tyrone Smith

I suspect that we will stick with Foran and an experienced No2. As we ponder this inevitability , let us look at the fates of the twenty managers with the worst win percentages in the SPL since season 1998/99 and ultimately relegated the SPL teams they managed :-

• 10 were sacked (before or at end of season)
  • 2 resigned 
  • 1 club went bust 
  • 1 retired 
  • 1 decision yet to be announced. 
  • 5 managed relegated team in 1st division

Of the 5 that led their team in the 1st division :-

• None secured promotion back to the Premier League
  • 4 were sacked 
  • 1 left to manage a bigger club

Hopefully Foran can buck the trend and be the first relegated manager ,who features in the top twenty managers with the worst win percentages in the SPL since season 1998/99 , to secure promotion. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Caley1885 said:

I suspect that we will stick with Foran and an experienced No2.

I have heard from impeccable sources, from outwith the club but still impeccable, that Richie Foran was at the Stadium during last week and was re-engaging and disposing of players. Given the clear need for fans, including potential season ticket purchasers, for potential sponsors and even for the public in general to know what is happening after this unfortunate relegation, there must surely be some urgency for the Board to break with tradition and supply the necessary information.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Caley1885 said:

let us look at the fates of the twenty managers with the worst win percentages in the SPL since season 1998/99 and ultimately relegated the SPL teams they managed :

Have 20 teams been relegated since 1998/99? There were two seasons with no team relegated, despite these two finishing bottom  

Aberdeen in 1999/2000

Motherwell 2002/2003

Even if you take Rangers into account, I make it 19.

Also, Gary Locke at Hearts in 2013/14 had a better winning percentage than the two teams that finished above them - it was the 15 point deduction that did for them. 

Feel all this speculation is pointless as I fear that RF will be left in place.

Maybe we should have a guess at who he will have as his assistant? Surely the board wouldn't leave RF & BR in place!

My money would be on MM (if he isn't taking up the General Manager post). Not much of a guess, that one...

C'mon tbe board - we are all waiting with baited breath for some clarity here!!

It's not Brian Rice's fault we were relegated so what's good for one should be the same for the other. The board should get a  pair and do what the fans desperately want - A NEW FEKIN MANAGER

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

It's not Brian Rice's fault we were relegated so what's good for one should be the same for the other. The board should get a  pair and do what the fans desperately want - A NEW FEKIN MANAGER

Whether you like it or not Rice was a Hughes boy and him hanging around is imvho part of the problem and needs to the go. 

Whether i like it or not, as i was excited at Forans appointment, it has not worked at all and he also needs to go 

• Agree 3

41 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

Whether you like it or not Rice was a Hughes boy and him hanging around is imvho part of the problem and needs to the go. 

Whether i like it or not, as i was excited at Forans appointment, it has not worked at all and he also needs to go 

Totally..I remember being at the pre-season Q & A session they had & felt fairly positive about RF - it hasn't worked (obviously!) & change desparately needed. 

Sure BR is a decent guy but there doesn't seem to be much of a relationship with RF & he is very much Yogi's guy.

Echo the sentiment that we need a clear change & both RF & BR need to go - I was just thinking of what would be the way to go if the board keep RF (definetly NOT the way forward, imho).

Just want whats best for the club..we've appointed well, in the main, apart from recent decisions :ictscarf:

• Agree 5

I do fear if we do keep Richie Foran for next season for a number of factors. I also think that any suggestions of RF being kept in an alternative role (i.e assistant) would be a incredibly bad idea and a disaster waiting to happen. 

- His recruitment was poor and will inevitably be harder in the Championship with less money and the club being less of an attraction.

- He had a team that was on paper not the 12th ranked team in the league and underperformed massively. The team assembled for next season will not imo be one of the top 2 squads in the league therefore we will have a need for a manager that can get the best out of his players if we have aspirations of returning to the top flight.

- His man management skills are below par and 'stories' of fall outs and discontent coupled with remarkable post match interviews anywhere else would not have been tolerated. 

I sincerely hope the board are trying to find funds or a replacement during this period of silence from the club. You would like to think that despite the 4 year contract, there would be something inserted stating that in the event of relegation full severance would not be paid, although that sounds too much like common sense for the ICT board. 

Many fans I know and from reading posts on here, it seems that a large amount of season ticket renewals will be hanging in the balance until the fans have a clearer picture of the way ahead.

• Agree 5

12 minutes ago, bwf91 said:

I do fear if we do keep Richie Foran for next season for a number of factors. I also think that any suggestions of RF being kept in an alternative role (i.e assistant) would be a incredibly bad idea and a disaster waiting to happen. 

- His recruitment was poor and will inevitably be harder in the Championship with less money and the club being less of an attraction.

- He had a team that was on paper not the 12th ranked team in the league and underperformed massively. The team assembled for next season will not imo be one of the top 2 squads in the league therefore we will have a need for a manager that can get the best out of his players if we have aspirations of returning to the top flight.

- His man management skills are below par and 'stories' of fall outs and discontent coupled with remarkable post match interviews anywhere else would not have been tolerated. 

I sincerely hope the board are trying to find funds or a replacement during this period of silence from the club. You would like to think that despite the 4 year contract, there would be something inserted stating that in the event of relegation full severance would not be paid, although that sounds too much like common sense for the ICT board. 

Many fans I know and from reading posts on here, it seems that a large amount of season ticket renewals will be hanging in the balance until the fans have a clearer picture of the way ahead.

100% spot on..

• tm4tj locked this topic