Brian Rice

With the club on a tight budget and having to pay out to release Yogi, it might make sense to them to retain him as assistant and appoint Foran as manager thus freeing up a wage for another player and not having to pay more money for a new assistant as well as giving Foran an experienced voice to work alongside him.

Edited by Red White and Blue

30 minutes ago, Red White and Blue said:

With the club on a tight budget and having to pay out to release Yogi, it might make sense to retain him as assistant and appoint Foran as manager thus freeing up a wage for another player and not having to pay more money for a new assistant as well as giving Foran an experienced voice to work alongside him.

Eh? I did have my concerns when he replaced Latapy.

7 hours ago, Row S said:

Eh? I did have my concerns when he replaced Latapy.

The reason why Latapy left has never been properly explained. I know he wanted to look for a manager's position of his own but it seemed odd and still seems odd that he should voluntarily render himself unemployed while doing so.

• Agree 2

Brian Rice's sudden appearance on the scene and the subsequent departure of Latapy was strange to say the least  - and the two events were clearly connected - just not quite sure whether Latapy had already said he was off-ski or whether Rice's appearance prompted it! Either way, it would be better if Rice were to leave to enable a completely fresh start, but I suspect we cannot afford another severance payout......

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Brian Rice's sudden appearance on the scene and the subsequent departure of Latapy was strange to say the least  - and the two events were clearly connected - just not quite sure whether Latapy had already said he was off-ski or whether Rice's appearance prompted it! Either way, it would be better if Rice were to leave to enable a completely fresh start, but I suspect we cannot afford another severance payout......

Whats Rice's contract situation. Did he extend when Yogi did?

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Whats Rice's contract situation. Did he extend when Yogi did?

Most likely that they "did" it together but I don't recall anything being said about Rice at the time.

I don't see the harm in at least looking at Latapy as manager. Ask the senior players and other coaches. 

And he's very eager for the opportunity. We might discover a gem. Who knows. Him and Foran as a team even. (As I don't think Foran has the sufficient badges yet anyway.) 

3 hours ago, iamthecaptain1 said:

I don't see the harm in at least looking at Latapy as manager. Ask the senior players and other coaches. 

And he's very eager for the opportunity. We might discover a gem. Who knows. Him and Foran as a team even. (As I don't think Foran has the sufficient badges yet anyway.) 

Think he has enough to legally manage but doubt he has all his badges but then again seem to recall neither did TB.

I suspect if BR is still in his position when the new manager is appointed then he'll be allowed to decide if BR stays or not, should the budget allow.

A lot of managers stipulate who they want as their number two and can often be a make or break when it comes to signing on.

I don't know enough about BR to comment on his ability but I think its clear that he has had nowhere near as much effect on the team as Lattapy or even Malpas did as a number two.

• Agree 1