ATP French Open

Andy Murray has just scraped through another 5-setter to reach the 3rd round. Those two matches were against opponents who were not supposed to give him any difficulty. At times in the 2nd and 3rd sets today, especially when he lost 8 straight games, he looked really lost, and on the way out. Thankfully he pulled himself together.  Let's hope he can recapture his excellent form on clay which saw him reach the Spanish final and win in Rome recently.  He'll need to, as the matches will only get tougher from now on.  Good luck Andy.

• Agree 1

A bit baffling considering he dominated Jock Ovich in the final at Madrid, best he had played in years. Needs to get his finger out pronto and adopt the right attitude.

Easier win for Murray today against a big serving, dangerous opponent..  I see Nadal has pulled out, making it even easier for Djokovic to reach final.  Pity he wasn't in Murray's half of the draw. I have to admit that I've never been a Nadal fan.  He has got away with murder through the years with his blatant time wasting and gamesmanship. No referee, particularly in Europe, seemed strong enough to take him on.

Murray's performances at Roland Garros these past two weeks have been like the fabled 'curate's egg', ranging from abysmal to brilliant, sometimes in the same match.  Yesterday, against the champion, Warinka, he was at his brilliant best I'm pleased to say, and it was a real pleasure to watch him win a match of excellent quality, with something to spare.

I hope he has left something in the tank for the final tomorrow.  Good luck Andy.

• Agree 1

He has performed well on clay this year and he dominated Jock Ovic in Madrid final. Tough nut to crack, but if he adopts the same controlled aggressive attitude then he can do this. It's all in his head. Here's hoping.

• Agree 1