Where are the goals coming from?

Elgin1

Hey folks, I hope we are all well on this fine May evening. I'm passionate about Caley like the rest of you and an avid supporter, but im personally getting concerned. There is no doubt that Storey was a catalyst for a lot of sporadic explosive play last season and goals. I'm seeingsome  pretty average players getting new contracts which I consider lacked a bit of creativity last season, but others are top notch signings again. Early days, but where are the caley goals going to come from, not just 1 or sometimes 2 per game, but a solid trio or so and which forwards you think we should poach from the championship in England that might be the next Storey? Sorry I'm on a rant here, but also what do you reckon our club needs to do to pull in 3 or 4 thousand fans per game; its been a dismal support at times, irrespective if caley are performing or not for our premiership side.

Edited by Elgin1
Mistakes spelling

Maybe a bit left field and risky, but with our reputation for finding gems. I see that striker connor gethin has left Nairn county

Hasn't got a bad record of 173 goals in 178 games, Abet against highland league opposition, but still a pretty decent return and with some pre-season and guidance

he may be the next billy? Plus as coming from lower leagues, probably wouldn't break the bank on wages

• Agree 1

It's early days re new signings and goals.

Regarding extra fans through the gate.

I could go on for hours, drtl.

Celtic, Rangers,Aberdeen,Hearts, County they will swell the numbers. The quick answer.

Free tickets for school kids etc, it instills loyalty but what data is being kept, what can be done to convert a youngster turning up with the class infrequently to being a regular visitor. What steps can be taken to get from A to B. 

Now would be a great time to promote the free season tickets for youngsters before the schools close. Would be good to get email and phone nos though. You can send out umteen flyers brochures etc but it's not until you speak to people you get to create a package, the customers are real people after all, do you pick up on the easy payments, the childrens club, the 10% discount in the club shop. An open adult family ticket where different parents can give the youngsters a day out at the stadium perhaps. 

A bit of spin. The real deal. 

Buy 6 get 13 free, yes  season tickets are cheaper than an adult taking 3 children along 6 times a year. With an open adult ticket a different parent can take the kids along. Contact the club for details.

Pick and mix. Parent/ Relation/ Grandparent season ticket = free under 12 season tickets.

A 16-25 year old season ticket averages £10 per game and you can throw in some children for free too.

Under 16s averages out at £5:50 per game, posters would be good for the 4,000+ pupils in secondary schools and a different approach for primary schools.

Only a few weeks till schools break up.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Murphyscot said:

?Plus as coming from lower leagues, probably wouldn't break the bank on wages

Er, coming from Nairn County - so we would probably be unable to meet his wage requirements. And did you see how quickly he got out of there after the moneymen pulled out. Les Fridge wasnt far behind either.

Edited by mainstander

30 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

It's early days re new signings and goals.

Regarding extra fans through the gate.

I could go on for hours, drtl.

Celtic, Rangers,Aberdeen,Hearts, County they will swell the numbers. The quick answer.

Free tickets for school kids etc, it instills loyalty but what data is being kept, what can be done to convert a youngster turning up with the class infrequently to being a regular visitor. What steps can be taken to get from A to B. 

Now would be a great time to promote the free season tickets for youngsters before the schools close. Would be good to get email and phone nos though. You can send out umteen flyers brochures etc but it's not until you speak to people you get to create a package, the customers are real people after all, do you pick up on the easy payments, the childrens club, the 10% discount in the club shop. An open adult family ticket where different parents can give the youngsters a day out at the stadium perhaps. 

A bit of spin. The real deal. 

Buy 6 get 13 free, yes  season tickets are cheaper than an adult taking 3 children along 6 times a year. With an open adult ticket a different parent can take the kids along. Contact the club for details.

Pick and mix. Parent/ Relation/ Grandparent season ticket = free under 12 season tickets.

A 16-25 year old season ticket averages £10 per game and you can throw in some children for free too.

Under 16s averages out at £5:50 per game, posters would be good for the 4,000+ pupils in secondary schools and a different approach for primary schools.

Only a few weeks till schools break up.

I haven't renewed my own one yet.:slapme::whistle:

5 hours ago, mainstander said:

Er, coming from Nairn County - so we would probably be unable to meet his wage requirements. And did you see how quickly he got out of there after the moneymen pulled out. Les Fridge wasnt far behind either.

Gethins contract had finished at the end of this season and was leaving anyway For an east coast team if rumours to be believed. Fridge is so far up the Narden boys asses that he was never going to stay when they announced they were leaving. 

17 hours ago, Elgin1 said:

Hey folks, I hope we are all well on this fine May evening. I'm passionate about Caley like the rest of you and an avid supporter, but im personally getting concerned. There is no doubt that Storey was a catalyst for a lot of sporadic explosive play last season and goals. I'm seeingsome  pretty average players getting new contracts which I consider lacked a bit of creativity last season, but others are top notch signings again. Early days, but where are the caley goals going to come from, not just 1 or sometimes 2 per game, but a solid trio or so and which forwards you think we should poach from the championship in England that might be the next Storey? Sorry I'm on a rant here, but also what do you reckon our club needs to do to pull in 3 or 4 thousand fans per game; its been a dismal support at times, irrespective if caley are performing or not for our premiership side.

Welcome to the forum but think you are missing the Thistle part from the club's name!.

• Agree 5

Yeah good point huisdean, I forgot about the amalgamation, inverness Caley Thistle. I personally would not keep mutumbo, he's a wild card and despite being a playmaker and amazing in moments of brilliance, he's got a volatile attitude with former clubs and lacks ball intelligence.

8 minutes ago, Elgin1 said:

Yeah good point huisdean, I forgot about the amalgamation, inverness Caley Thistle. I personally would not keep mutumbo, he's a wild card and despite being a playmaker and amazing in moments of brilliance, he's got a volatile attitude with former clubs and lacks ball intelligence.

Part of the reason why I would keep him is the fact he is a wild card. He's a little unpredictable. 

Granted he's got a bit of a tendency for a rash challenge but I wouldn't hold it against him too much. 

• Agree 1

There are moments where Mutumbo looks like he should be playing at a much higher level, and others where he looks totally off the pace. Definitely a player in there. Would be interesting to see how he shapes up after a full pre season and run of games. 

• Agree 2

Yeah good point, guess it just takes one Mutumbo moment to get the decisive winner. Guess it's not knowing what you are going to get from him in a particular game. From what I saw in the last ten games of the season, thought he was more useless with the ball than useful. Granted though, will be interesting to see if he can sustain a higher level of fitness.

• Agree 1

Where are the goals coming from?

That will be dependant on the style of play but I think there are plenty possibilities as most of the squad have made the net bulge at one time or another.

Mutumbo gets a yes from me I like the enigma touch to him too.......very useful. 

• Agree 1

You're certainly right that most of our squad gave pitched in with goals. I'm personally really undecided about mutombo He can be really exciting beating players then all of a sudden he puts the ball over the roof of the south stand. I would certainly give him a contract but it's almost as if he needs to slow down a little. Instead of beating 3 and wellying the ball into row r he needs to beat 1 and make a killer pass the potential Is there. Maybe he's an excitable person that needs calmed down a bit. He can be exciting to watch at times all the same which is what fans need for sure 

• Agree 2

Now that we are not likely to be so obsessed with ball retention and trying to score the perfect goal by passing the ball into the net I am very hopeful that goals will be easier to come by next season.

The players have shown what they are capable of on the all to rare occasions they have been let of the leash and if we can add an experienced forward then I'm sure goals aplenty will come.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

Welcome Elgin - last time I said that was to welcome Helgin buses to the Carse Road. McKay would be the one exception to a player returning that I would welcome. We never really got a look at Fisher so he is more like a new signing. What I would concentrate on is a couple of raw youngsters who have PACE - the commodity that scares the shittt out of most immobile SPFL defences.

Elgin 1 here's what would make me come back more often, have standing areas where you can lean against a barrier and ease you arthritic hips instead  of being shoe horned into a seat where you lock up in cold weather, in the standing area opposite the main stand you wouldn't be blinded by the sun on winters days,  meet your mates each week at the same place instead of having them spread around the stadium, enjoy a smoke at half time and not have to put up with officious stewards and pay less for the privilege. I long for the days of the 1st Div before we were first promoted, these were the best of times, so many great memories and a great camaraderie amongst the support. Frankly, the fun of it has been erased by officialdom, sit down, shut up, don't offend anyone, only eat our pies, drink our drinks, don't take pictures blah blah well I would rather sit in my own backyard eat my own pies have a drink and a smoke, meet my pals, take pictures and have a laugh without some officious moron dressed in yellow telling me to sit down and shut up after having paid £20 for that privilege.

Edited by wynthank15
  • Agree 1

Sorry Elgin 1 didn't answer your main point where are the goals going to come from, in my opinion given the financial constraints there is only one answer Derek Riordan. Complete nutter, brilliant footballer it's the chance you have to take in the bargain basement bin I only wish we had JH to control him rather than Foran but that's the kind of player we are looking for and have signed in the past ie guys that have failed or been injury prone at other clubs, we are the last chance saloon for so many players at this level.

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Sorry Elgin 1 didn't answer your main point where are the goals going to come from, in my opinion given the financial constraints there is only one answer Derek Riordan. Complete nutter, brilliant footballer 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

Sorry Elgin 1 didn't answer your main point where are the goals going to come from, in my opinion given the financial constraints there is only one answer Derek Riordan. Complete nutter, brilliant footballer it's the chance you have to take in the bargain basement bin I only wish we had JH to control him rather than Foran but that's the kind of player we are looking for and have signed in the past ie guys that have failed or been injury prone at other clubs, we are the last chance saloon for so many players at this level.

My mate is assistant manager at a League 1 club who had Riordan training with them at the start of last season and said he was far too slow for League 1. 

On 5/27/2016 at 0:03 AM, RedCard said:

Inverness-Inverness-Caledonian-Thistle-SPL-SPFL-Scottish-Premier-League-Wigan-Wigan-Athletic-554850.jpg

Come on Billy - you know it makes sense. Get your agent to drop the price a wee bit if need be, and come back to where you are cherished. We would love you to come back and you seem to be a player who thrives on security and we would look after you.

Hope Billy is keeping an eye on caaleythistleonline.

• Agree 3