Pre-season fixtures

RossP

Pre-Season at a glance + First fixtures in new League Cup format

Sat 02    15:00    A    Fraserburgh    Friendly / William West Testimonial      Score 3-3 u20's (og, MacLennan, Robertson)      
Tue 05    19:30    A    Brora Rangers    Friendly                                            Score 1-1 (Polworth)
Thu 07    19:30    A    Nairn County    Friendly                                              Score 0-3 (Boden, OG, Sutherland)          
Sat 09    14:00    A    Buckie Thistle    Friendly / Andy Low Testimonial        Score 1-8 (Mulraney, Vigurs (2), Boden (2),                                                                                                                           Tansey, Tremarco, Fisher)     
Sun 10    12:00    A    Clachnacuddin    Friendly                                           Score 1-3 Sutherland or Fisher, Robertson, Fisher
Tue 12    19:45    A    Elgin City    Friendly

Sat 16    15:00    A    Cowdenbeath    League Cup / Group C                    
Tue 19    19:30    A    Forres Mechanics    Friendly                    
Sat 23    15:00    H    Dundee Utd    League Cup / Group C                    
Tue 26    19:45    A    Dunfermline    League Cup / Group C                    
Sat 30    15:00    H    Arbroath    League Cup / Group C

• tm4tj pinned this topic

I've just been told that the remainder of the listed friendlies are first team.  It's entirely feasible that some of the squads would also include U20s....but that's just speculation on my part.

think we should be turning out regardless.  I thought it was a bit disrespectful to the young lads who put in a pretty good shift on Saturday that there was only a handful of people making the trip.... well, regardless, it was a scorching day in the broch sunshine, and no a bad game of footy either.

looking forward to tomorrow night, seeing the newbies in the flesh for the first time.

• Scotty featured this topic

From Highland News report

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/ICT-boss-Foran-off-and-running-with-a-pre-season-draw-at-Brora-05072016.htm

ICT first half: Esson, Raven, Brown, Meekings, Trialist, Draper, Maclennan, Wilson, Mulraney, Sutherland, Fisher.

ICT second half: Mackay, Tremarco, Warren, Gilchrist, Horner, Rennie, Robertson, Tansey, Polworth, Boden, Vigurs.

Good run out for the boys tonight. People on this are probably wondering about players they haven't seen much of or any of, I'll sum up what I thought:

First Half

I thought McNaughton looked very tidy, just what I expected, an experienced defender, comfortable on the ball and certainly would be an asset to the club, started left back but is right sided so would be good cover for Raven or tremarco.

Mulraney looked okay, definitely more to see from him, very direct and always looking to get on to his favoured left foot and get a cross in. 

Alex fisher was the least impressive out of the players in the first half, seemed like he was way of match practise, his touch just wasn't there but I think he will come.

as for the youngsters, was impressed by them especially Maclennan and Sutherland,

Second Half

Looked a lot sharper team in the second half, Polworth and Vigurs looked very impressive along with the boy Robertson on the right.

the new striker Boden is someone everyone can look forward to. Looks a cracking find, very clever striker and always sits on the last man. Was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

overall I am quite content with the team we have. Still holding on hope that we may bring back Billy McKay. So if we could take in McNaughton, McKay, another winger and another centre back I'll be more than happy

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, fraser said:

Good run out for the boys tonight. People on this are probably wondering about players they haven't seen much of or any of, I'll sum up what I thought:

First Half

I thought McNaughton looked very tidy, just what I expected, an experienced defender, comfortable on the ball and certainly would be an asset to the club, started left back but is right sided so would be good cover for Raven or tremarco.

Mulraney looked okay, definitely more to see from him, very direct and always looking to get on to his favoured left foot and get a cross in. 

Alex fisher was the least impressive out of the players in the first half, seemed like he was way of match practise, his touch just wasn't there but I think he will come.

as for the youngsters, was impressed by them especially Maclennan and Sutherland,

Second Half

Looked a lot sharper team in the second half, Polworth and Vigurs looked very impressive along with the boy Robertson on the right.

the new striker Boden is someone everyone can look forward to. Looks a cracking find, very clever striker and always sits on the last man. Was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet.

Agree with all of this, fair reflection of the game.  

Hi, I am contacting all the teams who will be visiting East End Park this season to advise we have a very good selection of past programmes between DAFC and CT. I would also like to inform you , that that there will be road works on the Halbeath Road on the way along to the Pars Stadium on the night of our fixture with you, Tuesday 26th July and I would advise you guys to leave a bit earlier than planned if you want down for the KO. The road works will be operational from 9am to 9pm, therefore the main problem will be on arrival for the match. I run the DASC Donation Shop /Tea Room/ Supporters Hub  at EEP, and we will have Filled Rolls, sandwiches, teas, coffees. hot chocolate, and soft drinks. The usual bars , Legends and Charlie D'S will be open for alcoholic drinks.

• Agree 4

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic