liam Hughes

18 hours ago, Renegade said:

Had a look at the Barrow forum to see what they were saying and they were heralding this as a brilliant signing.  They're going to be soooo disappointed!

I seem to remember a Cambridge fan coming on our forum when we signed Hughes saying how good he was and how sorry he was to see him leave Cambridge.  Maybe he has got something that we didn't spot?  Anyway, time will tell.

Whilst he didn't impress whilst here, to be fair to the lad, I don't think he was ever given the opportunity to impress.  He was badged as a midfielder but was usually pushed up front as a sub because of his height, then, when he did get on the park he didn't see a lot of the ball because he was playing under a manager who was far more concerned about playing to a system rather than adapting systems to play to the players' strengths.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he does a decent job for Barrow.

• Agree 2

He did have one decent game when we routed Ross County 3-0 at Dingwall. Good luck to the lad, I'm sure he will be appreciated elsewhere given the right role for him and a regular start.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, tm4tj said:

He did have one decent game when we routed Ross County 3-0 at Dingwall. Good luck to the lad, I'm sure he will be appreciated elsewhere given the right role for him and a regular start.

I always thought he did OK up front given the service he was given. I agree, he was a real handful at Dingwall. And, as others have said, it isn't fair to judge given he was brought as a midfielder and never played there. 

• Agree 1