Fixture List

CableGuy

Hopefully the fixtures also include the first lot of games selected for TV coverage as well so we don't need to wait even longer before sorting out travel to games.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Hopefully the fixtures also include the first lot of games selected for TV coverage as well so we don't need to wait even longer before sorting out travel to games.

I agree with your sentiments however I doubt we'll be selected for many games on the Television other than the obvious against the OF.

Yeah it'll almost always be Non Old Frim Team v One of the OF teams for TV but we just don't know.

Anyway, away to Partick first up followed by a Highland Derby in Inverness the week after.

A more pertinent observation is that both this season and last, our competitive season kicks off on 16th July......but instead of the glamour of Astra in the Europa League, we have the glamour of Cowdenbeath at Central Park!

• Agree 2

I too will be in Inverness for that game.  I'm up there with 5 golfing pals from 24 to 28 Aug.  I've been anxiously awaiting the fixture list for weeks now, just hoping for a home game so that we can boost the crowd by 6.  Now all I need to do is book a golf course for the Saturday morning.  Anyone know what Torvean is like these days?  I haven't played it since I was in my teens, when it was still only 9 holes.

12 hours ago, Gabby said:

Brilliant, I will be in Inverness for the home game V St J on 27 August. Flights can now be booked.

That's no good to me damn it :sad:

12 hours ago, Gabby said:

Brilliant, I will be in Inverness for the home game V St J on 27 August. Flights can now be booked.

Take care with fixture dates. They're liable to change up to six weeks before the match is scheduled to be played. 

In terms of potential attendances and income, before the split we get 2 home games against each of Celtic, Rangers and County!  Only 1 v Aberdeen and Hearts, but overall our board will be very pleased with the draw.

7 hours ago, TopSix said:

Take care with fixture dates. They're liable to change up to six weeks before the match is scheduled to be played. 

Thanks, I will be in Inverness for about 10 days so I am hoping it will be ok.

On a totally personal and self serving note, I am delighted that we have away games on both Belladrum and Loopallu weekends because then I don't have to miss them while I'm festival going (I'm usually only a home games attender I must admit). The same goes for the Christmas Eve game when we will be travelling to family for Christmas and lucky for me it is an away game again.  

It's not often that we are favoured by the footballing authorities but having two guaranteed home games against each of Celtic, County and The Rangers is a six figure boost to the coffers and may mean a wee uplift in Richie's player budget.

Sadly both Rangers home games clash with Palace home games...but Dundee in September looks on, and the missus will join the ranks too. Ross County home in March in the diary too. Might have another bash at Hearts away in Feb (my attempt in Dec saw the match called off due to weather)

On 17 June 2016 at 11:25 PM, Yngwie said:

In terms of potential attendances and income, before the split we get 2 home games against each of Celtic, Rangers and County!  Only 1 v Aberdeen and Hearts, but overall our board will be very pleased with the draw.

I see that Partick, Motherwell and Hamilton are unhappy at only receiving 2 home games vs the Old Firm, and have written to the SPFL. The MD of Partick was on Sportsound complaining they had assumed that they would have had three games but didn't bother confirming. Apparently, the difference in revenue is £120k, or 5% of Partick's revenue. This may explain why Scottish football is in such a mess. If I was running a business, and there was a decision that could reduce my revenue by 5% I would be making damn sure I knew beforehand what was happening, and making the necessary representations to help the decision land in my favour. I certainly wouldn't assume it would all work out ok - especially with Doncaster in charge. 

I know other clubs have been gurning about having less of games with the OF.I would agree that there should be an assumption that there will be 3 OF games before the split but have they taken into consideration that some clubs only had 1 Celtic match at home in previous seasons.

Just to rub it in we will also have Hearts and Aberdeen at home if we make the top 6 post split.

59 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

I would agree that there should be an assumption that there will be 3 OF games before the split but have they taken into consideration that some clubs only had 1 Celtic match at home in previous seasons.

I agree that it would make sense to have 3 OF games at home before the split. And, I do think they have a point. 

Its just the level of outrage that their assumption didn't happen, and the fact they felt no need to check that I am having difficulty with. 

It's sounding a bit like the central belt based media on here with attention focussed on matches involving the two big Glasgow clubs.  Whatever happened to our entirely justified outrage that The Rangers should be in the Premiership at all following the failure of the authorities to deal appropriately with matters following the liquidation of Rangers?

And whilst we have to realistic and accept that we can't change things and games with The Rangers will actually be in our financial interests, that does not mean we should forget what happened.  We will not be playing Rangers this coming season - we will be playing "The Rangers". 

• Agree 1