It's the close season so....

The Mantis

32 minutes ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

My birthday. 

Oh, and we beat Gretna 5-0 in the challenge cup. 

Yip. This might be Hissy making it 2-0 as Davie Bingham's goal came in the first half. Or I may be completely wrong. Other scorers were Paul Ritchie and Richie Hart (2).

Edited by TheMantis

54 minutes ago, RiG said:

Clyde away, 2003/04 title 'decider' at Broadwood with Hissy scoring the crucial second in a 2- 1 win.

Harty gets Clyde level with a dodgy penalty that never was, Robbo replaces Paul Ritchie with Hissy with 73 mins gone. 6 minutes later he's asking Rowbotham to book him for removing his shirt as he makes history for ICT :drinking05:

14 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Another easy one

hissyscores.jpg

Still my favourite game in our history along with the semi-final win. If I remember correctly Grant Munro (who wasn't a first team regular at the time) started at CB as Bobby Mann was injured. Always remember Keogh's brilliant strike from outside the box as well. Shame injuries got the better of him as he was player of the year that season. 

Does anyone know if there's anywhere you can watch highlights from this game? Can't find it on youtube!

Was it not Proctor who came in ? My memories are the Plastic Whistle supporters and the Rainstorm just after the final whistle. Dumbfarmlife game was on my daughters 7th birthday and we travelled to the game by limousine, got out and called Gordon Ramsay a commoner. The Ice Station was a great game and occasion but my fave was beating the Jam Tarts 3-1 in the cup at Tynie.

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Was it not Proctor who came in ? My memories are the Plastic Whistle supporters and the Rainstorm just after the final whistle. Dumbfarmlife game was on my daughters 7th birthday and we travelled to the game by limousine, got out and called Gordon Ramsay a commoner. The Ice Station was a great game and occasion but my fave was beating the Jam Tarts 3-1 in the cup at Tynie.

Yea Proctor definitely played as he conceded the penalty for handball, which, from what I remember, was a terrible decision. I could be wrong on Grant Munro, if Bobby Mann was out it would have either been Proctor and McCaffrey or Proctor and Munro.

I also remember finding it strange that a group of Partick fans were there, but they certainly helped generate a great atmosphere. To this day that's probably one of the best away supports we've had.  

17 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

Yea Proctor definitely played as he conceded the penalty for handball, which, from what I remember, was a terrible decision. I could be wrong on Grant Munro, if Bobby Mann was out it would have either been Proctor and McCaffrey or Proctor and Munro.

I also remember finding it strange that a group of Partick fans were there, but they certainly helped generate a great atmosphere. To this day that's probably one of the best away supports we've had.  

The partick fans were there as they finished bottom of the spl and thought we wouldn't be allowed to groundshare therefore saving them from relegation.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, lightwelter said:

Still my favourite game in our history along with the semi-final win. If I remember correctly Grant Munro (who wasn't a first team regular at the time) started at CB as Bobby Mann was injured. Always remember Keogh's brilliant strike from outside the box as well. Shame injuries got the better of him as he was player of the year that season. 

Does anyone know if there's anywhere you can watch highlights from this game? Can't find it on youtube!

And to think I was impressed with the level of away support, how many did we take down 2,000 ? Amazing how things progress.