Rod Stewart Concert

IBM

I was there at the TCS last night to see Rod for the second time and it was a great concert.  Although the 71 year old was feeling the chill blowing in from the firth he put on a great performance and the crowd were great although there were a few that will not remember even being there :ohmy: after paying a lot of money for their ticket.  Well done to all involved in the organising from start to finnish for this event which I am sure will earn the club a good bit of money.  It would be good to see other performers every summer which fills the gap when we have no football.

• Agree 2

• 10 months later...

Was a big fan of Rod and The Faces from 1970. Unfortunately didn't manage to see him live till 1976, by which time he'd gone soft I the head. I suppose I'd be the same if I'd managed to get off with Britt Ekland mind you.

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

One of my former golfing buddies was a junior in a law firm in London in the 1960s. The firm acted for Peter Sellers, who was madly protective and controlling over Britt Ekland. Sellers used to spend a fortune on international phone calls to the lawyers - not to her - asking what she was up to, and wanted her kept under surveillance at all time (the law firm refused).

Anyway, one day he had to deliver some legal papers to him. The door was answered, as in your wildest dreams, by Britt Ekland wearing a silk negligee and obviously little else. "Peter's away", she purred, "Would you like to come in?".

Reader, he said "No thanks!".  (And is still happily married to this day.)

• Facepalm 1