Fraserburgh v ICT X11

RossP

Season starts tomorrow v. Fraserburgh and I can't wait :crazy:

It will be a young team, but looking forward to getting a live football fix. Any clues last night to whether there will be any senior players making the journey too... or if the team will be in the new strip? 

I'll do my best to do live updates, but since my phone is acting up and a potential for poor signal it's more likely I'll get it onto my twitter feed (RossP_ICT)

Either way, I'll get a more detailed report up when I get back to Aberdeen. 

• Agree 2

Stonehaven crew will be heading North for this one too. I'm hoping we might see a couple of trialists in action and will be good to see how the likes of Brown, Sutherland etc. might shape up for season ahead.

Like Ross quite looking forward to getting back to business.  I can't see there being a huge ICT following making the trek to this old Highland League stomping ground. 

2 hours ago, RossP said:

Season starts tomorrow v. Fraserburgh and I can't wait :crazy:

It will be a young team, but looking forward to getting a live football fix. Any clues last night to whether there will be any senior players making the journey too... or if the team will be in the new strip? 

I'll do my best to do live updates, but since my phone is acting up and a potential for poor signal it's more likely I'll get it onto my twitter feed (RossP_ICT)

Either way, I'll get a more detailed report up when I get back to Aberdeen. 

Don't expect any senior players to be taking part in this one and the new strip won't be worn until our first competitive match.

3 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Don't expect any senior players to be taking part in this one and the new strip won't be worn until our first competitive match.

Nae bother. Looking forward to seeing the game regardless. 

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Can't believe our 16/17 season is getting underway already, especially when our keeper hasn't yet finished his 15/16 season!

and, with any luck, still won't have finished it by the time this game kicks off.

Our intrepid reporter at the game has this update :laugh:

1-1 v Fraserburgh. Nae sure what happened as I'm queuing for a pie

Hoban looks pretty badly injured. Stretcher is on. I thought at the time it was a definite foul... still none the wiser if it will stand.

. get a penalty!! Not sure what for as I was typing the previous tweet. Scored!! Blasted down the middle by MacLennan.

Ahead 1-2

3-2 !! Sam Robertson makes a great run down the left, then his cross drifts over the keeper into the net

3-3 v - a top corner finish from just inside the box. Chalmers and Hendry came on at CM and RM 10 or so mins ago too

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gavroche said:

Richie Foran was at the game.

Blast! I was on the lookout for him all game but no sign. 

An enjoyable game, where it got a lot more open and end to end in the second half. The players I was most impressed by were Gilchrist and MacRitchie in the centre of defence. Macrae had some nice touches and was excellent when on the ball, but struggled physically against older and stronger players. The tiny centre mid Chalmers who came on as a sub also really impressed when on the ball but bounced off players and got wiped out regularly. 

• Agree 1

Despite the absence of any first team players it was a pleasant afternoon of football in the Broch sunshine. The young lads looked sharp and moved the ball about pretty well.

Youg Hoban in goals was out cold for a long time and first aid response was very slow. Game was held ip for a good ten minutes. Spotted his Dad behind goals looking suitably concerned, must have been horrible for him. Good to see the young lad back on his feet and walking off the park but would imagine he might be ruled out for a week or two after such a nasty head knock.

Can't disagree with RossP's view on the stand outs. Lads in central defence and lad up front looked decent.

It was also very interesting to see Sam Robertson score on his debut. Sam is oldest son of Caley legend Wilson Robertson and was recently released by Aberdeen. If he turns out to be half the player his Dad was we'll be laughing. No pressure there then.....

Certaimly worth the 120 mile round-trip for the Stonehaven Tifosi.

Edited by ymip
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, ymip said:

Despite the absence of any first team players it was a pleasant afternoon of football in the Broch sunshine. The young lads looked sharp and moved the ball about pretty well.

Youg Hoban in goals was out cold for a long time and first aid response was very slow. Game was held ip for a good ten minutes. Spotted his Dad behind goals looking suitably concerned, must have been horrible for him. Good to see the young lad back on his feet and walking off the park but would imagine he might be ruled out for a week or two after such a nasty head knock.

Can't disagree with RossP's view on the stand outs. Lads in central defence and lad up front looked decent.

It was also very interesting to see Sam Robertson score on his debut. Sam is oldest son of Caley legend Wilson Robertson and was recently released by Aberdeen. If he turns out to be half the player his Dad was we'll be laughing. No pressure there then.....

Certaimly worth the 120 mile round-trip for the Stonehaven Tifosi.

A good report but sadly devoid of any vomiting.

Mantis - I'm glad to advise Saturday was a huey free zone.  Forgot to mention the braw mince and mealie pie - top fodder.  Maybe see you at Buckie on Saturday....convenient for a trip to the outlaws on Costa del Lossie.  Maybe get a wee rendition of "on a life support machine" going for old times' sake.... 

9 hours ago, ymip said:

Mantis - I'm glad to advise Saturday was a huey free zone.  Forgot to mention the braw mince and mealie pie - top fodder.  Maybe see you at Buckie on Saturday....convenient for a trip to the outlaws on Costa del Lossie.  Maybe get a wee rendition of "on a life support machine" going for old times' sake.... 

Looking forward to visiting the Costa del Buck. Mrs Mantis is treating me to an overnight stay as it's my birthday tomorrow.

Last time I was up that way you may remember I got my windscreen wipers vandalised staying in Keith and just arrived at Hurlaw Park (see what I did there?) in time for the kick off.