Lincon Red Imps

bauhaus

wow, how low has scottish football fallen. They are even further from their league season starting than the scottish season. Thought last week in Luxembourg was as low as low.

LRI have taken ICT's crown

Celtic should win second leg with their under 15s!!!

On the one hand it is great to see Celtic humbled in this way, but on the other, it is a sad reflection of Scottish football. We really need our representatives in Europe to do well both in order to maximise the number of Scottish teams who qualify and also to attract better players into the game here.

But unlike the Brexit Referendum, Celtic get a chance next week for a re-rerun to reverse the result. I fully expect them to make a real effort to minimise the level of embarrassment over last night's debacle and win by at least 5 goals.

As a boyhood Rangers fan I have no love for Celtic football club (thankfully I evolved to have no love for either of them) but I find it difficult to take any pleasure from this result. It has to be the most embarrassing and shameful result for any Scottish team, club or national, in the history of our game - and that takes some beating!

Never mind 5 goals, I think Brendan needs 7, 8 or 9+ to restore some of the damage caused to our country's footballing reputation.

3 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

As a boyhood Rangers fan I have no love for Celtic football club (thankfully I evolved to have no love for either of them) but I find it difficult to take any pleasure from this result. It has to be the most embarrassing and shameful result for any Scottish team, club or national, in the history of our game - and that takes some beating!

Never mind 5 goals, I think Brendan needs 7, 8 or 9+ to restore some of the damage caused to our country's footballing reputation.

Agreed. I had a good laugh when WGS shipped 5 against Artmedia but this is no joke. They really need to hammer this team in the return. Is it a 3G surface over there? They need a well watered grass surface on the night.

Although they probably will win with a big score in the return leg I think the damage is already done in terms of their reputation. Despite the massive resources they have, they have been beaten in 90 mins by a team which has many of the features of a member of rhe Highland League.

Best comment I saw on Tuesday night was online pre-match when a Sellick fan declared that he wasn't going to be following the game since it was ridiculous that a club of Celtic's size should have to play at this stage.

I also burned the midnight oil wetting myself at the ? Talk Celtic ? forum. On the other hand I was quite surprised at how many of the several of them that tried could spell "embarrassing" correctly!

• Agree 1

We can now add Birkirkara to that list. Was a suprise that Hearts didn't get a narrow win in Malta, but to lose at home to a Maltese team isn't great at all.

Celtic's 3-0 win against the Red Imps was a bit underwhelming too. Really thought they would get closer to TEN at home against them. 

But half our European qualifiers out two weeks before the season starts aint very good and the embarrassing thing is the standard of opponents who have damaged our reputation. Luxembourg, Gibraltar, Malta. Hibs going out on pens to Brondby was probably harsh, but no comparison to the other results in showing the SPFL's weakness.