Club Badge/Crest

caleyboy

On 18/07/2016 at 4:09 PM, Hearach said:

I like The Pride of the Highlands slogan but don't like it on new badge. Who made the decision to change it?

Sadly we will probably never find out but I could probably guess.

• Agree 2

I know what (and who) you are suggesting, and you may be (partially) right ... although, in the interests of fairness if you make that assumption you should probably also assume that the 'change' was entirely driven by social media presence where #ICTFC is already well established and that it had nothing whatsoever to do with a unilateral change of brand for the club itself.

As I said in my own comments, I have absolutely no issue with the social media aspect whatsoever, nor to it appearing on (some) merchandise available to fans ... I just dont want it on our official stuff like letterheads or the strips the players wear during games. If this has been approved for the strips, then it has been approved by the directors not any lone individual as they have to sign off on this. If they have done so, then I believe it is a mistake or misstep that they need to rethink, and if they have not, then we are making mountains out of molehills !

• Agree 2

A Twitter account is a media conduit just like the back page of a local news paper and not a true representation of cash paying fans.  It's fantastic to get info out to nearly 20,000 people but we had 15,000 cash paying fans at a cup final. Could we say that's 12,000 over and above an average home supporters gate.

If each additional cup final fan attended only one home game a season the gate would increase by over 600 per game.

If people believe there are 20-30 battalions of fans waiting in the wings to march into TCS if it changes to ICT FC, then we may as well call it #ICTFC and I wouldn't mind that if it would genuinely bring in more than Aberdeen does but it won't.

Get the merchandise out there in volume which has been achieved.

If Cabrini don't alter their clothing designs then the badge is the only thing that can be altered to repeat sales, it just doesn't seem right altering the badge at the drop of a hat.

Heres hoping I don't get told the big flags are now out of date.

On the plus side,  the new kit look good, the squads shaping up well and the 1st home game is in a few days.

• Agree 1

A lot of negativity about badge change but has it changed. People who have been to games have you been close enough to a player to see whats on his badge? Just wondering because all I've seen on this is a couple of players holding a cardboard cutout featuring the slogan for a photoshoot. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a lot of red tape and protocols to go through to have the crest changed. Registration with SFA etc.

Frankly I think that it is a good sign that so many people are expressing their views about the badge 'change'.  It shows we care about it.  These things are important and shouldn't be changed without due consideration.  My own opinion is that the 'pride of the Highlands' tag is not right for the badge.  It is fine for banners and winding up the folks 'over the bridge', but the badge should just indicate our name.

• Agree 1

If my word on the fact that this is simply a variation on the badge and not a replacement isn't sufficient, then I can only suggest that people get in touch with the club through an official channel with their name and contact details so a response can be provided that way.

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

If my word on the fact that this is simply a variation on the badge and not a replacement isn't sufficient, then I can only suggest that people get in touch with the club through an official channel with their name and contact details so a response can be provided that way.

Do you realise how pompous that reply sounds?  What is wrong with the club making a statement on the issue on its official website? Why do 'people' have to go through official channels to get a reply?    

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Do you realise how pompous that reply sounds?  What is wrong with the club making a statement on the issue on its official website? Why do 'people' have to go through official channels to get a reply?    

Pomposity is  indeed the right word for the tone of that post.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

On 18/07/2016 at 4:09 PM, Hearach said:
1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

I hear what you say about this being a "variation" of our club crest but maybe you could tell us exactly where and when the "variation" will be used? 

2 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

The club do pick up on stuff discussed on here and as I am in/around the club I will answer what I can, where/when I can.....off my own back.

My point was not that people should HAVE to approach the club that way, but that if the explanation I provided (as someone in a position to give an answer) wasn't sufficient, then they had an alternative.....contact the club through other/proper channels.

• Disagree 1

On 15/07/2016 at 9:00 AM, RiG said:

I'm not overly fussed about the shortening to ICTFC but I think the "Pride of the Highlands' is a bit cringey. It's good for winding up County fans but I hope we haven't actually used it on our club crest / shirts.

I feel for topsixnextyear - I think he was the first person to really push these kinds of phrases on Twitter to rile Staggies. Had he somehow been able to copyright these phrases he could have earned a wee fortune.

I personally would go with Pride of the North. AFC are a spent force. And I don't think it's cringeworthy. The wee team calling deeming themselves "we are the Highlands" is nonsensical. Where exactly is this new crest? I've just had a look on ictfc.com and can't see it. 

Edited by TopSix
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, CaleyD said:

It would be great if Kenny would create a Twitter account.  

I'm actually down in York just now and I have worn one of the blue polo shirts with the crest we all prefer and twice I've been chatted too by total strangers (both English) and had reasonably lengthy conversations with them. They both recognised the name and both of them started talking about our results against Celtic One of them about the famous headline and one who was more elderly was talking about how well we had done coming from nowhere and he was particularly enthusiastic about our semi final against Celtic and saying how much he enjoyed watching that game. I wonder if my top had said ICTFC would they have picked up on it the same? Must admit it made me quite proud when they noticed it and started chatting 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

The club do pick up on stuff discussed on here and as I am in/around the club I will answer what I can, where/when I can.....off my own back.

My point was not that people should HAVE to approach the club that way, but that if the explanation I provided (as someone in a position to give an answer) wasn't sufficient, then they had an alternative.....contact the club through other/proper channels.

"As someone in a position to give an answer" - can you please tell us exactly where and when the club will use this "variation" . I'm sure the answer will either be acceptable to most on here or make it an issue which a great many do not agree with.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

C'mon lads, please. Caley D has tried to help, given the options and then given people an option to contact the club if they really (italics to clarify the tone of the expression) don't like it. How is that pompous? What gets me in all of this is that the "official" name of the Club is "The Inverness Caledonian and Thistle Football Club" so if there is any abbreviation that should be universally accepted it's ITCFC! 

For a good while, fans of the football club and unconnected with what goes on social media at it have used the "pride of the highlands" to describe all sorts of things from pictures of us in Bucharest, Dingwall, Hampden to all points in between. It's something that has been reused by fans on Facebook and their own twitter ID's. It's gone on flags. Now, because it goes on a shirt (as an addition to an unaltered club badge) it provokes this reaction? I'm ever so slightly mystified.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I didn't want to get involved after getting absolutely lambasted following my previous comments about this abbreviation and tagline...but I feel that this may be the club trying to connect with younger fans. specifically those that have an affiliation to neither the C or the T, and probably who were born post 'M'! current, 'real' fans will not turn away from the club, but they do need to appeal to the youth, to secure a solid fanbase for the future.  It strikes me that there seem to be a lot of people looking back, when we should be looking forward....

• Agree 3

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 4:52 AM, DALNEIGHCALEY said:

The media refer to us as Caley more often than not so for that reason I'm in .

To be fair, I now see that the club seems to be marketing a car sticker with a club badge on it in the form of a number plate - CAL3Y or something similar, although I assume that they are also doing THI5TLE

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

To be fair, I now see that the club seems to be marketing a car sticker with a club badge on it in the form of a number plate - CAL3Y or something similar, although I assume that they are also doing THI5TLE

Personally, I am fine with both Charles but not on our official club badge.

Edited by caleyboy

I was going to consider a personalised number-plate here ... its only about $200 and you choose what you want and submit it ... anything up to 8 letters/numbers .... was thinking ICTFC, CALEYJAG, or ICT   TFC to show support for both my teams ... but as we bought a Chevy Volt (think Vauxhaull/Opel Ampera) late last year I now have a "green vehicle" number-plate that is issued by the government and cant be changed.