Club Badge/Crest

caleyboy

:smile: Must be the heat over here the noo -- 85 degrees yesterday- goes to the head and sends you off topic a wee bit. So my apologies.

But Scotty is right I think. It could have been HSBC, or even HBC,  on the large building signs. Not HBO of course  which is , as he states, related to T.V.

• Agree 1

Obviously no reply to my last post but excellent interview on BBC with Anne Budge , Hearts Chairman & CEO. She spoke strongly about how important it was to retain the club's identity and how the supporters were represented on the board to ensure they had a say in club matters. Obviously not the case at our club as we would all have known that our name on the club badge was being changed to ICTFC PRIDE OF THE HIGHLANDS!

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Obviously no reply to my last post but excellent interview on BBC with Anne Budge , Hearts Chairman & CEO. She spoke strongly about how important it was to retain the club's identity and how the supporters were represented on the board to ensure they had a say in club matters. Obviously not the case at our club as we would all have known that our name on the club badge was being changed to ICTFC PRIDE OF THE HIGHLANDS!

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  The response we have got is that the badge will stay the same, however, on merchandise which includes the strips it will have the new wording.

The club have also confirmed that there has been mixed reviews with as many liking it as not.  But, there has not been a huge amount of people airing an opinion one way or another.

However, as its basically a trial this season if its overwhelmingly not liked by the supporters then they will change it back.

So, if people are really not happy with it, contact the club direct, the more people that do Kenny Cameron can then gauge the true popularity of the new wording on the badge. 

Thanks for your efforts CJT much appreciated. Unfortunately, the question, "why and by whom has the club name been changed on our badge" has not been answered and it seems it  never will be. The response from Kenny Cameron really isn't good enough. Why did the club not ask the support / shareholders for their views on this major change before it was made? Tinkering with our identity worries me and having 2:club badges is an absolute, unprofessional nonsense.

Edited by caleyboy
  • Disagree 1

For claiming to be a family and fan orientated club, they've missed a huge step in engaging with the fans prior. I can't note anything, even down to the club briefly saying "oh, by the way, we're making a small change and that's that".. was just left for people to notice and feels it was an attempt at going under the radar in a way. It just seems too much like one or two heads have grasped onto an idea they've liked or conjured, pushed it by themselves and that's the final say.

No point in bashing the slogan use anymore, it's been done enough.. It's the manner in which it has been carried out and handled. 

• Agree 1

Totally agree, the whole thing could have been handled better with a fans consultation/poll or at very least the club advising the supporters that there is an amendment happening to the badge. 

Although Kenny Cameron is more than happy to discuss thing face to face with supporters, general communication is definitely something the club needs to improve on.

• Agree 1

I'm glad Kenny has been open and willing to discuss, atleast showing he still has a bond with us, even if it wasn't the answer some folk were looking for. It's a step in the right direction to helping a few fans, probably myself included, get over it if it's to stay. 

Kenny Cameron offering to meet individuals is not enough. Why should we need to discuss something which should NEVER have happened in the first place. Should we organise an on-line poll to have this so called "alternative" badge removed? What supporters need to appreciate is the fact this totally unprofessional  badge will be used in far more situations than our OFFICIAL club badge! Who wanted it in the first place?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The Pride of the Highlands logo sounds like some sort of slogan that was initially spewed out by an incomer and not an Invernessian hopefully

Its cringeworthy and doesn't do our club any favours, if any online poll is started by you caleyboy I will happily sign

Regards

Dougal

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, dougal said:

The Pride of the Highlands logo sounds like some sort of slogan that was initially spewed out by an incomer and not an Invernessian hopefully

^^^ Voted for Brexit IMO.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

If you want to create a poll on this site select Start New Topic, click the Poll tab, add in your title (something like 'Club Badge'), add your question ('What do you think of the new badge?'), put in some options ('I like it', 'I hate it' etc.) then hit submit topic.

That should be it.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the mods or admin on CTO had some sort of influence on the club regarding the offending slogan seeing they readily use it as a sub title on this web site

CTO should start the ball rolling and remove it from this site first in myopinion 

Dougal

• Agree 2

An on line pole is a good idea, it will give people one place to state whether they like or dislike the badge.  But remember a lot of supporters do not use this forum so it might not be a true representative of the support.  The only way to get a true indication would be if the club actually did it with their database of supporters, that would gauge the true feeling.

I can understand it being done for commercial reasons with new gear on sale regarding Tracksuits, T shirts etc it won't make an Iota of a difference to the football strips as it's a different design but with it being a merged club and more so with Caley Jags Together not being that old to strengthen ties between the two former clubs it doesn't make much sense.

Inverness CT would have been the next sensible phase of progression. If at all required.

I can't even think of a single chant with ICT in it.  It may be abbreviated across the main stand but unless you own a 50,000 seater stadium initials are all you are ever going to get.

If it's to strength ties with the youth then our manager can do more for the club visiting schools than an abbreviation ever will and that's down to how well Richie projects himself. I think this guy has a good pitch.

I'm having to remind myself that it's only on merchandise and that the club have NOT changed their identity so it's not the end of the world.

I would rather it stayed the same as the crest is the heart of the club, and it comes before the stadium, board. players, fans or anyone paid or unpaid associated with the club.

However it doesn't weaken my support for the team in anyway.

I am afraid that a Tinkerville fan will complain to the local Constabulary that this slogan and the wording could be deemed to be derogatory and offensive to the unwashed residents of Dross-shire. When we first foot in 2017 the whole team could be arrested before the kick off for displaying the offending symbolism.

1 hour ago, dougal said:

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the mods or admin on CTO had some sort of influence on the club regarding the offending slogan seeing they readily use it as a sub title on this web site

Oh Dougal you're such a wag :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if you had some sort of influence on the scriptwriters in The Magic Roundabout as they were rumoured to be on LSD and sometimes I wonder if you are too :amazed:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, CaleyJagsTogether said:

An on line pole is a good idea, it will give people one place to state whether they like or dislike the badge.  But remember a lot of supporters do not use this forum so it might not be a true representative of the support.  The only way to get a true indication would be if the club actually did it with their database of supporters, that would gauge the true feeling.

Whoever made the changes should have done what you suggest BEFORE going ahead with something as important as this. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1