Club Badge/Crest

caleyboy

RiG makes a very valid point. The Chairman is very accessible and approachable and already has a considerable track record for making himself available on a one-to-one to fans with issues to discuss.

As for the AGM, that's usually a pretty small, brief and staid affair that's unlikely to be a happy hunting ground for an anti-acronym insurgency. Things have changed a great deal since the Rose Street Hall!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

RiG makes a very valid point. The Chairman is very accessible and approachable and already has a considerable track record for making himself available on a one-to-one to fans with issues to discuss. 

Can't argue with this at all. 

On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 10:11 AM, caleyboy said:

More to do with my time. They could have simply answered the 2 simple questions on this forum.

Absolutely. It's just like when I have an issue with my Internet connection, I put a post up in an unofficial forum and expect BT to get in touch, when they don't I get all upset and repeat my complaint ad nauseum. I certainly wouldn't contact BT directly to try and resolve it, that would be ridiculous. 

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Absolutely. It's just like when I have an issue with my Internet connection, I put a post up in an unofficial forum and expect BT to get in touch, when they don't I get all upset and repeat my complaint ad nauseum. I certainly wouldn't contact BT directly to try and resolve it, that would be ridiculous. 

Have you thought about changing supplier? :whistle:

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2016 at 4:07 PM, ajmack88 said:

I emailed the club yesterday evening with my thoughts and opinions on the matter, along with a few questions. Received a reply today saying it had been passed on to the Chairman and he would respond soon.

I will post an update as and when I hear back 

Come on mate, no need to keep it to yourself what was his response ? 

Apologies, didn't mean to keep everyone in the dark. I got a written reply by post last Saturday - been a bit busy hence why I haven't updated on here. I am not going to go into too much detail on the contents of the letter as the Chairman respectfully requested that I did not post his reply online for all to read. 

Overall the Chairman was very welcoming of my feedback and reiterated that the club encourages supporters to contact them whenever they wish. The main message of the reply was that I was the first person to actually contact the club directly regarding the matter, other than the supporters trust. So beyond my email and the message from the supporters trust, the club has not received any real feedback on the variation of the badge. Obviously people have voiced their opinion on this forum but even if the club have read this (and I'm of the opinion that they shouldn't be responding officially to comments on a fans forum) then it is till only a very small fraction of the support that they have heard from. 

I'm still of the opinion that the team kit should retain the official club badge rather than the variation but unless a much larger proportion of the support voice their discontent then (quite rightly) there is no reason for the club to consider reverting back. Perhaps that petition is in order to actually get some numbers behind this?

As I say I'm not a fan of the variation being used on the kits, but if the majority of fans are happy with it, or aren't bothered either way than I'll accept it. 

• Agree 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

I just received EGM notification and see that the crest on our official stationery has that "Pride of the Highlands" crap on the crest. What a bludy nonsense.

We must have received different letters,  there is no "Pride of Highlands" slogan on the letter I got!

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I just received EGM notification and see that the crest on our official stationery has that "Pride of the Highlands" crap on the crest. What a bludy nonsense.

Maybe they're just using up old stock. 

• Agree 2

On 7/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, caleyboy said:

Outrage. 

On 2017-7-9 at 8:27 AM, caleyboy said:

Any word back from BT yet?

Posting 3 logos here in response to the comments on here and also in the EGM thread where someone asked for it to be posted for comparison (http://caleythistleonline.com/topic/31445-extraordinary-general-meeting-3rd-august/?page=2

This is the current official ICT logo

ICT Official Logo

This is the 'offending' logo with the bastardised banner below the badge
(apologies for the quality of the image - its a photo of a piece of paper)

ICT_PotH.jpg

For reference. this is our original logo which was more detailed on the eagle and thistle but was changed because it was too hard to replicate properly and to a decent quality on merchandise and clothing

ICTLogoOLD.JPG

EDITED to add the image below which was in fact our original logo 

original_ictfc.jpg

Edited by Scotty
adding the actual original logo

Yeah keep our original banner below the crest. If they're so adamant about squeezing Pride of the Highlands in somewhere they could easily add the text underneath on a letterhead. 

Like so 

msg-2-0-30047600-1365092487_thumb.jpg

Pride of the Highlands 

:lol:

Edited by Council Juice

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RiG said:

I suspect caleyboy isn't going to like this...

You are so, so right RIG. Naff isn't the word. This is absolute SH..E. One club, one name and it's NOT ICTFC Pride of the Highlands

Edited by caleyboy
  • Agree 2

Maybe we could make it look more legit by having it in Latin  : Latin translation of Pride of the Highlands is altitudo montis which literally translated means 'height of the mountains' or if entering it word by word it would be superbia de montanis universisque

Only joking .... happy with our proper badge :ictscarf:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe we could make it look more legit by having it in Latin  : Latin translation of Pride of the Highlands is altitudo montis which literally translated means 'height of the mountains' or if entering it word by word it would be superbia de montanis universisque

Only joking .... happy with our proper badge :ictscarf:

Whereas the Latin for "last season" is "annus horribilis" (as opposed to "anus horribilis" which means a bad dose of piles.)

• Funny 2