Cowdenbeath -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

:cry::cry:  2-1 away from home - League Cup - earlier than usual - league set up - basically pre season - WTF - RESULT

Not there but am no convinced Johndo. Still, as you say it's early in the season..............

• Disagree 1

Easy enough win in the end, we had enough chances to win more comfortably - we hit the woodwork three or four times. Warren could have been sent off before he scored, so I guess we got a break there. 

Of the new signings, I thought they all did ok. McNaughton looked comfortable enough, Mulraney had some nice touches. King did some nice work, but could have got more involved. Boden put in a nice pass for the opening goal. 

I'm not convinced that Boden is suited to a lone striker role, but I suppose it is still early days, and a win is a win. We limited Cowdenbeath to few chances, but there were a couple near the end where they should have at least hit the target. 

Dundee United should offer more of a challenge next week, and that will give a better guide to how we may fare in the league. 

36 minutes ago, ANDYCAM said:

Very strong wind and interesting pitch made this a potential banana skin...oh and Gary's goal, definitely over the lineGary's Goal.jpg

I was in absolutely no doubt that it was in, but the ref's reaction seemed so slow, that I didn't think he was giving it.  Did the assistant confirm it to the ref?

The wind made things very difficult - there was one particular high ball that made me feel as though I was playing "Spot the Ball", as I could only watch where the players were looking to track its movement until it reappeared.  The pitch wasn't exactly in its prime either - among other things there was a big hollow, where at least a square foot of turf had disappeared, just over the nearside touchline.  Both these are bound to have affected performance today.  Nonetheless, Foran's competitive managerial record is better than either Rodgers or Lennon.

What was Finnie using at free kicks?  I could see him spraying something, but never once saw any marks on the ground.  I did wonder if he'd left the dressing room in a rush, and picked up his can of Lynx by mistake, instead of his shaving foam.

Was anyone paying full attention to the game while the ball boy desperately tried to recover the ball that went up the grass bank?  Judging by the crowd noises at every failure, attention was divided!

Hard to judge that performance really. We had a lot of possession but were playing against a defence that was a lot more packed than we'll probably encounter most weeks in the Premiership. Neither King nor Boden seemed to get a great deal of space. The most encouraging aspect was the performance of Mulraney when he came on - he was fast, tricky and direct, all things we were missing last season. With him and King in the team I suspect we could be a good counter-attacking side this season, and I'm looking forward to the Utd game, where the opposition will presumably come out at us a bit more. 

Devasted to discover that The New Goth, one of the great institutions of lower league football, has had a refurb and changed its name to 'Diamonds Bar and Lounge'. Is nothing sacred? 

Delighted with a winning start. These games are still effectively pre season games so more chance of an upset than normal and folk have to be aware and understand this. Fitness and sharpness levels will come as more games played.

• Agree 1

Weird. The still above doesn't look like it's over the line but the video clearly shows that the ball was well over the line. Fair play to the linesman who was well on his way back to the halfway line before most ICT players even started claiming.

Thought we looked tidy enough for the most part. Defence seemed relatively untroubled although Tremarco looks like he was caught ball watching a bit for their goal. McNaughton breezed through the game but his distribution was a wee bit suspect at times. Quite a few balls hit quite hard at their intended recipient which led to us losing possession. Mulraney (?) looked good. Reminded me of Hayes when he first signed for us. Pacey, decent cross on him and a wee bit of skill. Like the look of him. Hopefully when he and others are on the same wavelength the crosses will connect better than they did on Saturday. King didn't too much but it was good to see us play with two 'proper' wingers again. Boden had a few nice touches but I don't recall him really having any shots at goal. Didn't like Polworth wearing number 7. Just seemed weird.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic