ICT v Arbroath

RossP

Just some thoughts ahead of this weekend's game...

As mentioned, ICT need to win by a greater GD than any Dundee Utd win v Dunfermline to secure top spot in the group. What's also important to consider is GD will likely decide who finishes as one of the top 4 group winners and be seeded in the next round:

Group B - St Johnstone 7 points, GD +5 Game to play = St Johnstone v Stirling Albion

Group D - Alloa 9 points, GD +7 Game to play = Raith Rovers v Alloa

Group D - Raith Rovers 8 points, GD +2 Game to play = Raith Rovers v Alloa

Group E - Partick Thistle 9 points, GD +5 Game to play = Partick Thistle v Queen's Park

Group H - Morton 8 points, GD +3 Game to play = Morton v Berwick

Rangers have secured one of the top 4 already, leaving 3 up for grabs. In order for ICT to qualify as a seed they may have to outscore any St Johnstone win v Stirling AND hope that one of Morton, Partick Thistle mess up. All in all, the odds are against us. 

With this in mind, will Richie change the formation/style further to ensure we win big? Two (our only two) strikers starting perhaps?

Arbroath are missing quite a few of their more experienced starters due to suspension (Little, McCord and Jimmy Scott) - so I'll be betting big on us to win with a -1 or -2 handicap. 

13 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Sounds like a preview RossP

Is there someone already doing one? If not, I'll put a bit more effort into the above musings over the course of this afternoon and get it sent over.

Good to hear that we are still looking to bring in a couple of players including another forward. Even better to learn that we are taking our time in trying to bring in the right quality of player rather than panicking and bringing in someone just for the sake of making a signing. Pleasing shrewdness and maturity on the part of our inexperienced manager.

Richie may have made a mistake in implying earlier in the week that there would be someone in by Thursday and perhaps raising false expectations but he seems to have learned very quickly from that error. Very encouraging indeed,

37 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Good to hear that we are still looking to bring in a couple of players including another forward. Even better to learn that we are taking our time in trying to bring in the right quality of player rather than panicking and bringing in someone just for the sake of making a signing. Pleasing shrewdness and maturity on the part of our inexperienced manager.

Richie may have made a mistake in implying earlier in the week that there would be someone in by Thursday and perhaps raising false expectations but he seems to have learned very quickly from that error. Very encouraging indeed,

Perhaps but I like his honesty. Fans don't necessarily need to know names of the targets just that the club is after new faces something we often aren't really told about or, in some cases, we blurt out names then miss out on them making us look a bit daft in the process. There might have been a wee hiccup in securing any deal by Thursday as planned.

Main thing is it's encouraging to hear that our manager is still looking around to strengthen and keeping fans in the loop as much as they can realistically expect to be.

I've just found out there was a season ticket offer for the game tomorrow, the only info I can find about it is if you read through the article on the website.  Buy your own seat for £10 but £15 on the day.  I've just booked my seat online for £10 plus 70p collection charge, so if you want to save a few £ and avoid the queues tomorrow you should go online now and grab a bargain - no need to thank me :smile:

• Agree 1