Battered Fish Cup

Feck me - 3 wins and a draw - 15 goals and still not seeded. Will we get the luck of the draw or hit one of the 5 we could do with avoiding. However I bet all of them will also be wanting to avoid us. Would love to get Putridheid but the tea leaves suggest Plastic Whistle.

The prize money for this competition is:

£200k Winners

£100k Runners-up

£70k beaten semi-finalists

£50k beaten QFs

£30k beaten in 2nd round

£15k-£23k if knocked out in group stage, depending on position

On top of this prize money there is additional money for the teams involved in televised games (£30k for each finalist, but smaller sums in earlier rounds, I would presume) and of course a share of gate receipts.

11 minutes ago, jaggiesoverstaggies said:

Is this over two legs or one?

Straight knock-out now, one leg, tie will be 9th or 10th August.

What I'm not so sure about is what happens in the event of a draw after 90 mins - straight to pens like in the group stages, or extra time first? I'd suspect the latter, but I'm sure someone wil be able to confirm.

• Agree 1

Delighted with the draw and a chance to cross another never visited stadium off my list. 

Any chance it can be on the Wednesday though? My amateurs season kicks off on the Tuesday...

15 minutes ago, RossP said:

Any chance it can be on the Wednesday though? My amateurs season kicks off on the Tuesday...

No harm in asking!  Reminds me of the time I phoned a small local cinema one evening to ask when the film starts, and (true story!) got the reply "When can you get here?"

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RossP said:

Delighted with the draw and a chance to cross another never visited stadium off my list. 

Tuesday please :ictscarf:

Is it really 13 years since we last visited Recreation Park? (Or the "Indodrill Stadium" as it is now....)

Our last 2 trips to Alloa were easy wins, 6-0 and 5-1, but last time we were there in a cup we lost 3-2.

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

No harm in asking!  Reminds me of the time I phoned a small local cinema one evening to ask when the film starts, and (true story!) got the reply "When can you get here?"

Monday would be good for me.

Tuesday August 9, 2016
Alloa Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, kick-off 7.30pm
Dundee United v Partick Thistle, kick-off 7.45pm
Hamilton Academical v Morton, kick-off 7.45pm
Hibernian v Queen of the South, kick-off 7.45pm
Rangers v Peterhead, kick-off 7.45pm

Wednesday August 10, 2016
Ayr United v Aberdeen, kick-off 7.45pm
Celtic v Motherwell, kick-off 7.45pm (Live on BT Sport)
St Johnstone v Heart of Midlothian, kick-off 7.45pm

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-r2-details-confirmed/#8z5Iu6wvRBYQfzwi.99

41 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Pretty shocking that is the game that is being covered with little chance of an upset.

Not that shocking. Like it or not, they are a commercial TV channel and viewing figures are all they're interested in.