Battered Fish Cup

They choose the games on account of getting the largest audience and unfortunately it is the legions of brain-dead old filth fans that sway the TV. Our game v Alloa or Ayr v Aberdeen could be classed as games with more chance of an upset but the audience won't be half want they can get for an old firm formality. That is the sad truth.

47 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Pretty shocking that is the game that is being covered with little chance of an upset.

3 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

M73 - M80 - Stirling Services roundabout - A91 - Alloa

Stirling services is reached of M80 Junction 9

Sorry, I thought he was being sarky :amazed:. If he hasn't got a Tom Tom he can use his phone?

17 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Why we kicking off at 7.30? I know its only 15 mins, but considering its not exactly local for fans to travel to, every little bit helps when trying to attend while keeping a job to pay for it!!!

Not sure the reason, but seems Alloa always kick off at 7:30 midweek...they were the same for their 2 midweek games in the group stages.

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Not sure the reason, but seems Alloa always kick off at 7:30 midweek...they were the same for their 2 midweek games in the group stages.

It's a school night. Most of their loyal fans are wee laddies. 

23 minutes ago, davieB said:

I mind being at the 6-0 game. Think both Wyness and Ritchie got hat-tricks? 

I remember that game as well where the ball boy was getting pellters from our fans and at the end of the game he gave us :fingers:

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Leave it to the Manager and Team to worry about not underestimating the opposition.....as fans we should be giving it hot licks and bigging up our chances to the max for every game.

I disagree. Support to the hilt but not to the point of being a ridiculously unmitigating happy clapper such as those that refused to acknowledge the difficulties that were becoming increasingly apparent towards the end of last season to which some reacted by camping their hands over their ears and chanting la la la..or disparaging those who were expressing legitimate concerns which proved to be well founded.

Cheer, big up the team and it looks like a there is a lot to big up at the moment but fans are also entitled to be realistic and guard against complacency too.

The club belongs to us all not just the manager, the team and those who speak on behalf of the club.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I disagree. Support to the hilt but not to the point of being a ridiculously unmitigating happy clapper such as those that refused to acknowledge the difficulties that were becoming increasingly apparent towards the end of last season to which some reacted by camping their hands over their ears and chanting la la la..or disparaging those who were expressing legitimate concerns which proved to be well founded.

Cheer, big up the team and it looks like a there is a lot to big up at the moment but fans are also entitled to be realistic and guard against complacency too.

The club belongs to us all not just the manager, the team and those who speak on behalf of the club.

I'm not saying for one second that fans aren't allowed to express legitimate concern....what I'm saying is, that there's absolutely nothing wrong in wanting/expecting your team to win (regardless of the opponent) and expressing that as vociferously as you like without fear of some grumpy beggar coming along saying "let's not get carried away" etc.

I'd far rather spend all week being upbeat and positive and risk a day of being down if we get beat, than spend all week being dull and cautious then having one day of "yeah" before returning to being dull again before the run up to the next game.

People seem to have forgotten that following football is a pastime, something which people should look to enjoy first and foremost. Of course there will be moments of upset, or things that happen which we don't like....but all those things can be discussed without the need to banish all hope.

It's no wonder we're fast becoming a country full of depressives when the slightest hint of optimism is met with such negativity.

• Agree 6

12 hours ago, CaleyD said:

I'm not saying for one second that fans aren't allowed to express legitimate concern....what I'm saying is, that there's absolutely nothing wrong in wanting/expecting your team to win (regardless of the opponent) and expressing that as vociferously as you like without fear of some grumpy beggar coming along saying "let's not get carried away" etc.

I'd far rather spend all week being upbeat and positive and risk a day of being down if we get beat, than spend all week being dull and cautious then having one day of "yeah" before returning to being dull again before the run up to the next game.

People seem to have forgotten that following football is a pastime, something which people should look to enjoy first and foremost. Of course there will be moments of upset, or things that happen which we don't like....but all those things can be discussed without the need to banish all hope.

It's no wonder we're fast becoming a country full of depressives when the slightest hint of optimism is met with such negativity.

What on Earth is negative about Kingsmills' post?  Just because some people engage in realistic, objective discussion about the team does not mean they don't want the team to win and doesn't mean they are not optimistic.  It's no wonder we're fast becoming a country full of depressives when people cling to unrealistic expectations only to have those expectations shattered when reality bites.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

One man's unrealistic expectation, is another man's hopes and dreams.

What's the point if it's not the latter?

The point is that expectations are not the same as hopes and dreams.  I can hope that we win the league one year and I can dream that we win the Champions league, but I don't expect we will win either.  By not getting carried away with my expectations it is less likely I will be disappointed at what the club achieves, I will see an outcome as success whereas someone with unrealistic expectations will be disappointed by the same outcome.  And I can still enjoy my hopes and dreams as well.  Seems pretty positive to me!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1