Club Video : Match Highlights etc...

CaleyD

7 hours ago, Doch4 said:

I wouldn't dismiss a ptp link. I believe you can buy licensed frequencies so no one can stomp all over your wireless link. The link would be a one time purchase and depending on your requirements and budget hundreds of Mb/s can be achieved. The trick tho would be to partner with an ISP that has a Line of Sight to the stadium and negotiate an affordable deal. Perhaps stadium advertising could be used to offset this cost. Just ideas.......

We've not totally dismissed the idea....just going down a different route at the moment.

Part of the problem is that everyone wants to tie us into contracts for 3+ years (most 5 years)....and with contracts being for thousands of pounds, it's a big commitment when you're not sure what's around the corner.  Ideally if we're looking at that kind of contract then it needs to pay for itself in year 1....thus removing that financial risk/burden from further down the line.

Having been looking at the issue for 12 years (maybe more), I would hate to think of the number of hours Scotty and I have put into pouring over the options and then re-visiting them to see what's changed.  I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

I am not involved in poring over any of the options any more (thank feck) but I am happy in the knowledge that the person who is doing so is very much like his old avatar of a dog with a bone. Pretty confident that Don will try to (is in the process of) find(ing) out all the ins and outs of all the possible options, will look for a solution that is the best fit for the fans and the club at an affordable cost, and get the relevant buy-in from others to get it implemented when those numbers make sense in terms of both performance and cost.    

Keep suggestions coming though ... just in case there are any viable options he hasn't got round to considering and recommending to the directors yet. Sounds like many of us on here (and likely just as many who dont come on here) would consider a subscription at that very reasonable cost, and not just those of us living abroad.

I make a point of watching the club's own video highlights most weeks and the production quality keeps increasing ... its exponentially better than the ones we were putting together a few years ago when the video stuff was first posted and we were throwing together a video from the BBC with a few overlays in Adobe Premiere each Monday morning. Kudos to those who give up their time and skill to do this as volunteers, and glad to see so many folk would be happy to contribute to the costs via subscription. 

• Agree 2

Wow-  sounds great to me.

What I have wanted for years and was what I was pursuing direct with the club when I first contacted the Board Chairman at least 9 years ago, to point out  that it would be a godsend for us overseas fans, especially in a modern era,  and was very favourably received.

The price? Just ask me to sign on the bottom line. That's sums it up for me.

Fantastic and dedicated work, obviously, so a hearty thank you from the Western hemisphere. 

I do not like the BBC for their policy of stopping all broadcasts of this type to any overseas destination for whatever reason, since I thought they were supposed to be the provider of well-informed and well researched news on every front to be freely disseminated to the world.  'Nuff said on that .

:clapoverhead:

8 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

I do not like the BBC for their policy of stopping all broadcasts of this type to any overseas destination for whatever reason, since I thought they were supposed to be the provider of well-informed and well researched news on every front to be freely disseminated to the world.  'Nuff said on that .:clapoverhead:

They only paid for the rights for the UK broadcasts (for their license holders !) and certain other clubs and broadcasters made sure they had to "geo-fence" them so they could not be accessed outside of the UK. It actually costs the BBC more to do this than to broadcast it unfettered.  Really cant blame the BBC for this and there are plenty of workarounds by using legitimate VPN providers as opposed to browser add-ons that dont always work. As for the quality of the content itself thats my main issue as the live commentaries have reduced and OAM is an utter joke half the time.  

Clubs on the other hand have worldwide rights on their own content so once it becomes financially viable to provide a platform for fans be it in the UK or outside then it will happen. Cost and the crappy connection at the stadium have been the major stumbling blocks up until now. As Don has mentioned above, both myself and him have been looking at this for years and he continues to do so. I know the discussions that Don and I had over the years on this subject so I am totally confident that he will make the right noises to the right people when the right solution is available .... The big thing here is that the club have wanted to do this for a long time provided it is not a huge financial millstone (we all know how precarious our accounts are on a yearly basis) so the fact that the subscription model is being well received, along with the fact that the Donald I know will likely strike a hard bargain with any provider that he can present to the board brings it ever closer. 

29 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Are there access ducts under the A9? Just for a shortcut to long man drive.

I will probably subscribe too by the way.

A wee heads up the Partick match is on Alba on Sunday.

Cheers for that, hopefully it'll turn out to be worth watching back.... Even in gaelic commentary! 

• 2 months later...

Just a quick post to say that this is still very much on the cards.

Hope to be in a position to give a major update this side of xmas.

We'll also be looking to recruit more fan volunteers to assist with delivery of things like match updates, commentary and some other projects.....and not just the first team.

• Agree 6

• 3 months later...

Obviously the pre-Christmas update didn't happen, but the club took a huge step forwards in regards to developing it's online offerings with the installation of a high speed line at the stadium during the past week.....and we'll be working hard over the next few days to try and get ourselves in a position to launch live streaming with the Rangers game on Friday night for overseas fans, with an on-demand option being made available for UK viewers after the hold back period.

We'll be doing some testing Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday evening so keep your eyes peeled on here for information on how you can help with that by patching in to streams and giving us feedback on how it functions etc.

We have made a start on the second part mentioned in my last post above by adding 2 new volunteers to the Media Team.  Liam and Sean have been with us for a couple of weeks now and are quickly coming up to speed....in fact I can say with some confidence that they have already passed the point of being time consuming (through the need to be trained etc) and are now productive members of the team.  As well as assisting on match days with the first team, they will also be covering development matches as and when available.  Priority will be on our home games to start with, but that will extend to away games more and more as we build on their skill set and ability to function independently....it all just takes a little bit of time.

• Agree 9

:notworthy::clapoverhead:.

Wow, that's a huge and very encouraging  surprise.

If there is  a monthly subscription I would prefer to pay for the season in advance and that should, perhaps, help you also to meet ongoing expenses. Whatever you need.  In the event of something going amiss during the season you could place the money directly into the club or something. Your money suggestions are reasonable to say the least.

Congratulations and thanks, gentlemen, for all your hard work.

• Agree 2

Great work going on here guys!

If such a facility was available I would love to have a 'watch again' facility for the whole match highlights. I always watch back the full games shown on Alba and I watch back the highlights on BBC, regardless if I make the games or not. I'm sure lots of fans must be in the same position? 

11 hours ago, Northern_jaggie said:

Great work going on here guys!

If such a facility was available I would love to have a 'watch again' facility for the whole match highlights. I always watch back the full games shown on Alba and I watch back the highlights on BBC, regardless if I make the games or not. I'm sure lots of fans must be in the same position? 

Yup, covered that in my last post "with an on-demand option being made available for UK viewers after the hold back period"

On 20/02/2017 at 2:08 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

:notworthy::clapoverhead:.

Wow, that's a huge and very encouraging  surprise.

If there is  a monthly subscription I would prefer to pay for the season in advance and that should, perhaps, help you also to meet ongoing expenses. Whatever you need.  In the event of something going amiss during the season you could place the money directly into the club or something. Your money suggestions are reasonable to say the least.

Congratulations and thanks, gentlemen, for all your hard work.

It's likely to be on a game by game basis for the remainder of this season to allow us to find our feet....and because it will take some time to formulate the subscription service.

• Agree 1

With the tight turnaround for us to get everything in place to stream the Rangers game (Outside UK & Ireland) I've not had a chance to sort the new online home for it, so we'll be keeping it basic for tomorrow night.

If you are planning tuning in then you'll need to register an account on ICTFC.com to gain access.  Payment is taken via PayPal....but you can use your card if you don't have a PayPal account (instructions are given).  It'll cost you £5 for the live stream (introductory offer).....and all being well, we'll also offer it On Demand in the UK after the holdback time....which I need to triple check, but should be midnight for Friday games.

Oh....the match will also have our own commentary on it.  We're not set up to offer commentary only in the UK for tomorrow night, but do intend to make it available in the future (for a small fee).

I'll paste up the links here, on the front page of ictfc.com and via social media as soon as possible tomorrow.

• Agree 6

The page is now up and running at http://ictfc.com/caleyjagstv - remember that you need to be registered with the site and logged in to view the page.

Once the live stream is complete we will change out the live player for the on demand player on the same page....if all goes as planned!!

I'll say no more than that, but if there's any questions or you spot anything odd then let me know.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, CaleyD said:

The page is now up and running at http://ictfc.com/caleyjagstv - remember that you need to be registered with the site and logged in to view the page.

Once the live stream is complete we will change out the live player for the on demand player on the same page....if all goes as planned!!

I'll say no more than that, but if there's any questions or you spot anything odd then let me know.

Thanks for your patience and assistance.

If you have a forum account do you use the same credentials as the forum account to log into the club video page?

I tried to use the same info but returned an error saying email address was already in use - use another. I only have one public email address.

Thanks