The Scottish Resistance

ed

Although a few months old, I have just come across this highly amusing Nationalist video.  I had never heard of the 'Scottish Resistance' before and after doing some research I was shocked to discover they have nearly 8,000 Nationalist followers on social media website 'Facebook'.

Does this 'Declaration of Glasgow' have support from Nationalists on here?  Do fellow Highlanders share this Nationalist view on the Battle of Culloden? 

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!! 

a2dw7lawtzjtwo0ibb48cpndsr6v7h.jpeg

Edited by ed
Spelling

12 minutes ago, ed said:

I had never heard of the 'Scottish Resistance' before and after doing some research I was shocked to discover they have nearly 8,000 Nationalist followers on social media website 'Facebook.

Can't say I'm shocked. Highly amused maybe... but not shocked since the SNP has always had a substantial Crank element and indeed has that at its very origins. This bunch of prime candidates for Darwin Awards shown above are basically the latest generation of Willie Bells, but this kind of mentality has been at the absolute core of Scottish nationalism right from the start. The trouble is that Scotland's response to the more recent world wide trend in bizarre voting behaviour and the collapse of the Labour Party has been for an increase in more normal, if sometimes somewhat politically naive, people voting SNP just as they have been voting for UKIP in England.

I was amused by the bewildered and miserable expressions of the handful of old folk on the steps behind.  It looked as though they had been removed from a care home on the promise of a day out.  But in some ways it is a bit sad that nutters like James Scott seem to have no conception of the fact that their actions actually do real harm to the causes they so earnestly campaign for.

On a similar note, the SNP would do well to muzzle Salmond sooner rather than later.  I note that he has been offered lots of money to appear on "I'm a celebrity".  To his credit, he has turned the offer down, but the point is that the fact that he has been made the offer at all is a reflection of the public perception of the man.  He is seen as someone to be ridiculed and made fun of, not someone who is still a serious political figure.

The strange thing about the video is that you keep forgetting that you're actually watching a genuine Care In The Community away day and not cleverly scripted television satire like Monty Python or Citizen Smith. I don't know what it is about Nationalism that makes it a magnet for all manner of complete roasters like them, but that kind of total loony has always been at the heart of the SNP cause. The SNP will, of course, try to hide behind the technicality of a claim that these aren't "their people" but the fact is that this kind of nutter is completely fundamental to the nationalist movement. And whatever sect any of them belongs to, you can see from the video that the standard Nationalist Grievance Culture is ever present. I often wonder what the Nationslists would do if the UK did break up since they would feel totally lost after the removal of the ultimate lifelong grievance that has kept their shoulders well chipped for years.

And Salmond... DD is bang on the money there. The fact that he has been asked  on to this progamme is the perfect reflection of what an utter clown and figure of fun he is. Of course the Nats on this site were serially outraged when I said as much frequently on here pre-Referendum, but I do appear to have been right.

On the other hand, since Salmond has slipped from prominence there hasn't been much up front to keep the nationalist ridicule factor within the attention of the electorate. So it would be great if this bunch of complete bams could manage to do a national tour and follow the Declaration of Glasgow up with declarations of Edinburgh, Dumfries, Inverness, Dundee, Aberdeen, Paisley etc etc.... What an asset that would be to the maintenance of the United Kingdom! "Tooting Popular Front"..... "The Scottish Resistance" - yes, I like it!

"Declaration of Glasgow" though. Does anybody remember Monty Python's Louis the Seventeenth?:lol:

Edited by Charles Bannerman