Development League 2016/17

Alex MacLeod

And that's a second for Nathan Austin who buries a great low drive into the bottom corner! 3-0 Falkirk!

That's us firmly rooted to the bottom of the Dev League. Shipping goals like nobody's business.

I went to watch the first half with my son, and as much as I like to reserve judgement on the Dev squad, the stand outs for me were Doumbouya, who I thought looked good with the ball, quick and willing to chase it down and Ali Sutherland who to me deserves his spot in the first team as soon as possible. Cole (im assuming it was him in MF number 7) looked ok in flashes, but a little slow to react, hopefully this will improve with game time. Boden once again, to me looked very slow to react and with no real threat on goal. He had one header on target, but im pretty sure my 7 year old could have got a hand to it. Sloppy at the back, and slow to react to dispossession. Really feeling that Boden as our out and out Striker is looking a bit out of his depth at the moment, and RF is going to have to make a few changes at the front to start taking these chances

Edited by CableGuy
  • Agree 1

Away to the Rangers at Forthbank tonight, kick off 18:00. Maybe we should send Stirling Observer along.

No game next week

27th Sept - Inverness CT v Aberdeen kick off 19:00

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/dev-fixtures/

29' GOAL! 1-0! OG from Chris Brown for Inverness. McCrorie plays a ball across the face of goal and Brown turns into his own net.

HT: 1-0 Rangers lead Inverness through an OG from Chris Brown on 29'

50' GOAL. 1-1 Inverness equalise through Kier Smith after a mistake from Robby McCrorie gives him an open goal to finish into.

58' GOAL!! makes it 2-1. The midfielder with a shot on the angle and he nets the rebound after the keeper parries into his path.

FT: RANGERS (Brown OG 29', Burt 58') 2-1 INVERNESS (Smith 50')

DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE TABLE

POS TEAM PLD GD PTS
1   St. Mirren 3 5 9
2   Ross County 3 4 9
3   Partick Thistle 3 3 7
4   Celtic 3 2 7
5   Dundee 3 3 5
6   Hibernian 3 2 5
7   Motherwell 3 0 4
8   Hamilton Accies 3 0 4
9   Falkirk 2 1 3
10   Rangers 2 1 3
11   Dunfermline 2 0 3
12 Up Kilmarnock 4 -3 3
13 Down Aberdeen 3 -1 2
14 Down Hearts 4 -2 2
15 Down St. Johnstone 3 -3 1
16 Down Dundee United 3 -4 1
17   Inverness CT 3 -8 0

Updated 12/09/2016 at 21:33

:ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't play too badly against an Aberdeen side with Miles Storey and Craig Storie included. Almost had an equaliser in the first half but their keeper made a point blank save. Second half Aberdeen were on top for the first fifteen and Storey scored on the turn in the box. He looked really powerful and caused problems with his bursting runs. We had a thunderous shot tipped onto bar and over as we came more into it and another couple of half chances we failed to convert. I was impressed with our standard considering the poor results we have had, but for an inexperienced side we acquitted ourselves well although Aberdeen always looked to be the stronger side, and so it proved.

• Agree 1

Today at 13:00, Development League Football

Hibernian v Inverness CT

Oriam Performance Centre

Oriam

From Hibs official site

The Hibernian Development Squad are back in action on Tuesday 4 October at 1pm at Oriam, as they take on Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the SPFL Development League.

Hibernian remain unbeaten in the Development League so far this season, registering two wins and three draws from their opening five matches, with last week’s match against Rangers unfortunately postponed at half-time due to one of the match officials taking ill.

The match is scheduled to be played outdoors at Oriam and entry to the game is via donation.

Oli Shaw will not be in the squad for the game, due to the forward being called up for international duty with Scotland under-19s for their fixture against Sweden, with the game also scheduled to be played at Oriam on Tuesday.

Shaw, 18, is currently on a development loan to Ladbrokes League One side Stenhousemuir and was included in the Scotland under-19 squad for last month’s trip to Greece for two international challenge matches.

From Inverness Official site

Erm, erm, Nothing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hibs: Laidlaw; Eardley, Porteous, Waugh, Crane; Watson, Donaldson, S.Martin, F.Murray; I.Murray, J.Gullan.

SUBS: P.Martin, Smith, O'Connor and Galantis

Inverness CT?, ?, Gilchrist, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Updates from @HibsOfficial

It's been a very strong start from Hibs, with Ryan Porteous and Jamie Gullan forcing saves. But the score remains 0-0 after 16 minutes.

Hibs take the lead shortly before the half-hour mark, when a cross from Adam Watson, is met by Cameron Gilchrist, who finds his own net. 1-0

Hibs are down to 10 men for the rest of the game, after Scott Martin is sent off for a second bookable offence just before half time.

Half-time here at Oriam in the SPFL Development League, where Hibernian lead Inverness by 1-0, but down to 10 men.

Less than ten minutes remaining here at Oriam and the scores remains 1-0 to the hosts, despite Inverness' numerical advantage.

Full Time 1-0, Hibs played whole second half with 10 men.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

what is Warren role with under 20s? Any other players helping out

Warren and Tremarco are both coaches for the U20's. I guess it's part of them doing their badges? 

Jason Brown has been at every development league game.  Fisher and Cammy Mackay were also in attendance, along with the first team coaching staff.

i would say this has been their best performance of the season. Still a bit slower on the ball and at the decision-making but showed much more threat tonight than in previous weeks.  Promising. But definitely need to spend some time in the gym and with the protein shakes! 

Edited by ictfcsince94
  • Agree 1

Accies :-
1 Thomson 2 Breslin 3 McMann 4 Want (c) 5 Canning 6 Hughes 7 Cunningham 8 Ferguson 9 Tierney 10 Kurtaj 12 Roy
Subs:- 14 O'Halloran 15 J Boyd 16 Smith 17 Kelly 18 S Connelly 20 Wilson 19 R Connelly

Inverness CT:-

or

Accies u20.jpg

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic