Signed framed ICT shirt

robbylad

would be interesting to know who was donating all this stuff ... clearly it is someone who is (or was?) a fairly diehard supporter with all the programs and now this .... thats a shirt from the 2000 season (or thereabouts) so if it was a player sponsor then it may even have been used at Celtic Park that season as we were given "game worn" shirts in those days. (yes they were washed first)  

I have two shirts from back then - one framed and hanging on my wall - and they were used at both the Celtic game in 2000 and again the next year at the Hearts game when we had to use an alternate shirt as they thought our stripes would clash with Hearts maroon. The club quickly ironed on a sharp logo on top of the scotrail one and those were used .... [note to self: need to remember to ask the club for those certificates of authenticity !!!] ... my point being, it would take a lot for me to give away all the stuff I have built up over the years for ICT (and TFC for that matter) so the back story to where all this is coming from might be interesting ....

• Agree 1

Wish I could enlighten you Scotty. Rather sadly, it may be from a house clearance, or hopefully just from some generous soul donating to a good cause. 

My wife works for the charity and any time any caley   thistle stuff comes in she asks me for any ideas on values. My usual answer is, " not a clue". The idea that it may well have been worn by one of the player would surely increase its value i would think. On the other hand, which of the players would have worn size xxl?

12 minutes ago, robbylad said:

Wish I could enlighten you Scotty. Rather sadly, it may be from a house clearance, or hopefully just from some generous soul donating to a good cause. 

My wife works for the charity and any time any caley   thistle stuff comes in she asks me for any ideas on values. My usual answer is, " not a clue". The idea that it may well have been worn by one of the player would surely increase its value i would think. On the other hand, which of the players would have worn size xxl?

Bobby Mann :smile:

easy way to check if its a squad shirt from that era but not without removing it from the mount which would likely wreck all value. The league badge would be on the sleeve and the official numbers would be on the back ... neither were offered on the replica kits at the time IIRC .... you could get numbers but not the official ones. I think there was also something different about the badge (embroidered versus a glue on piece) but not 100% certain ... will need to check mine at home ! 

either way its a nice piece of kit from a very memorable era with some recognisable former players on it so should fetch a decent price. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think there was also something different about the badge (embroidered versus a glue on piece) but not 100% certain ... will need to check mine at home ! 

nope. its the plastic badge. looking at my shirt collection, seems Errea didnt start giving us embroidered badges for a season or two after. 

What signatures are on it? I can make out:

• Robert Mann
  • Paul Sheerin
  • Davide Xausa
  • Steve Paterson
  • Barry Wilson
  • Les Fridge
  • (Mike) Teasdale
  • Roy McBain
  • (Richard) Hastings
  • Gary Farquhar?
  • Ian Stewart?

Quite a few I can't decipher.

I can also make out Andrew Allan & Grant Munro and once I blew up the picture I can see it is the plastic badge on the shirt ...  but as mentioned above, that doesnt indicate anything as mine too has a plastic badge and I know that it is 100% genuine. 

The ones I have are XXL too !!!! BUT they are Errea XXL so whilst they might have fitted the more lithe in our squad they certainly would not have gone anywhere near Bobby Mann (or CaleyD, IHE, or myself !) 

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The ones I have are XXL too !!!! BUT they are Errea XXL so whilst they might have fitted the more lithe in our squad they certainly would not have gone anywhere near Bobby Mann (or CaleyD, IHE, or myself !) 

I have this shirt. Pretty sure it's an XXL and it's pretty snug. The last time I wore it was to the relegation match against Falkirk. 

I have a signed shirt from stripes era with One Touch sponsor. Can read Craig Brewsters name clearly, but mostly signatures look like spiders have run across the strip. It was won at a Hopeman FC fund raiser. Size is xxxl so who would that go on ?

14 minutes ago, standbydave said:

I have a signed shirt from stripes era with One Touch sponsor. Can read Craig Brewsters name clearly, but mostly signatures look like spiders have run across the strip. It was won at a Hopeman FC fund raiser. Size is xxxl so who would that go on ?

There seems to be a bit of a knack to getting these things framed. 

If it's Brewster's top then have you considered mounting a slipper in the frame too.

19 hours ago, 12th Man said:

There seems to be a bit of a knack to getting these things framed. 

Definitely. its a skilled task and although expensive the end result is usually worth it.