Strip

Jenaitchie

Was just wondering but what are the clubs intentions regarding next season's strip, will it be for one or two seasons.

As the shirt sponsors have been let down a tad to say the least, are we just as well moving forward with a new design right now with the backing of current / new, shirt sponsors, Whether it's a good cup run or relegation battle/ play offs, there's money to be made.

If fans want to nail the colours to the mast as a show of solidarity then it would be good to have the colours in the first place.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see we're going back to Erra from next season.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1894-ictfc-forge-new-relationship-with-errea

Four year deal, strips out in May.

I sincerely hope that, as part of the agreement, they are undertaking to give us greater priority when it comes to delivery dates than they did in the past.

Retail launch planned for the same month and you can buy the new strip from the club shop. Sounds good. Would be nice to have somewhere in town selling it as well but hopefully that's in the pipeline. Looking forward to seeing the designs.

What's best for the club must take priority but I did prefer the Cabrini designs ... and the convenience of being able to buy at the retail park.

Chopping and changing design and/or supplier every season must be a handy (but no doubt needed) little money-spinner for the club every year.

23 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Good deal,  Errea a recognised global brand much better than JD sports own brand.. The important bit is the club selecting the most profitable design, which has to be imo red and blue stripes. 

With black collar and cuffs. Great and unique design and fully reflects our heritage.

2 hours ago, cif73 said:

Chopping and changing design and/or supplier every season must be a handy (but no doubt needed) little money-spinner for the club every year.

The club were with Errea for a long time so were not prone to chopping/changing suppliers. Simple fact is Carbrini totally let the club down so they had no choice in the matter ... not a case of trying to make money by changing, more of trying to get a good service for the fans. 

The club changed each strip once every two years. Home strip one year, away strip next year. Again, not like some clubs who see the need to produce 3 or 4 strips every year and fleece their supporters. 

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I sincerely hope that, as part of the agreement, they are undertaking to give us greater priority when it comes to delivery dates than they did in the past.

When I saw the press release come through I thought the same thing. The Errea quality is not that bad for most things. I still have polo shirts that I bought a long time ago and it took them many years to go threadbare ! The strips were sometimes lacking a bit but overall, not bad. The big thing that I hope the club have nailed down in the contract is the delivery timelines and if the hope is to unveil in May and have stock available at the same time then thats a huge step forward. Fans have been clamouring for years to get their hands on a new strip before the next season or before their summer holidays and this year it might be a reality !

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Retail launch planned for the same month and you can buy the new strip from the club shop. Sounds good. Would be nice to have somewhere in town selling it as well but hopefully that's in the pipeline. Looking forward to seeing the designs.

This is the encouraging bit ... retail launch in May ! We never had anything before August/September before so as I said above its a big step in the right direction .... if it comes off !  Getting Errea to do it again will also bring control of the stock back to the club so hopefully we might see some popup shops here and there or maybe a local retailer who can carry some in the town centre .... 

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

With black collar and cuffs. Great and unique design and fully reflects our heritage.

Personally I think we'd be better with black and red stripes and having blue collars and cuffs :wink:

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Will the badge revert to the old style rather than having "Pride of the Highlands" on it? 

I hope so. In my view, 'Pride of the Highlands' is great for a flag or banner but not at all appropriate for our official club crest.

• Agree 3