Team for St Jones Town

We need to get to the International break with a point on the board.  We may well still be firmly rooted to the foot of the table, but the guys cant go into that break with 4 losses.

I'd like to go 4-4-2 and win by the 'score more goals than them' tactic, but i doubt that will happen. i'd be happy playing all of our fit defenders and resting our strikers and Jake and playing a 6-4-0 formation, which in effect would be a 9-1-0... not going to happen.  I would hazard a guess that following Jake's cramp issue, he'll be swapped out for Billy King, but we should be starting both of them.  In reality though, it looks like Richie's struggling to have the bottle to make some big decisions, or is he seeing something in training that isn't showing itself on matchday.

My starting line up for next Saturday:

Esson - OFW struggling for confidence and has looked shakey since returning from Euro's.  Give him some game time in the reserves.  Esson is also VERY vocal at the back, and this will help the team defending

Tremarco - Pass marks in all games so far. Consistent.

Warren - Mostly solid, gives everything, not sure if he's doing enough as a captain though

Meekings - Will get better as he gets back up to match sharpness

Horner - Has been far better than Raven. Needs to start. Offers something decent going forwards too

Tansey - Not been having his best games of late, is reading the game well, trying to go the right direction, but his execution has been somewhat lacking as yet

King - We have width and pace, we need to utilise it

Draper - Solid, great presence, has made a difference since returning to starting line up

Polworth - Just pips Vigurs to the starting line-up, but only just. Hasn't been great this season and needs a serious kick up the erse

Mulraney - We have width and pace, we need to utilise it

Fisher - Target man. Strong. Has looked sharp coming off the bench. Should be able to hold the ball up better than Boden

Boden - Needs to take his chances better.  Will do better having another Striker alongside him.

Subs: OFW, Doran (not far away from starting, and would push out both Vigurs and Polly in the above lineup) Brown, Raven, Sutherland, MacRae, Robertson

If we cant fill the bench with first team, why cant we throw a couple of the youngsters on there to give them that match-day experience.

I don't think this is how we will line up though, we will stick to form, a 4-4-1-1. We will continue to try and accommodate all of Tansey, Vigurs, Draper and Polworth on the field at the same time, it won't work and we will struggle. Or it will work and we'll hand out a beating...not putting any money on that though.

What we need to do though, is get BEHIND THE PLAYERS. we WILL lose more goals before we come good, we WILL try and force passes that aren't quite on and lose the ball, we WILL end up launching long balls from the back with 10 minutes left and two goals down...but if our own fans continue to boo and jeer everything that doesnt go our way then why should the players show any will or desire when their 'best' efforts are being met with such derision.  We don't have a god-given right to win, or to do well, or even to stay in the Premiership. We continue to punch well above our weight and its a testament to the club that we are not used to being in this position. Let's get behind our team, and show Richie and the players that we're BEHIND THEM ALL THE WAY!!

#COMEONTHECALEYJAGS

• Agree 1

Listening to Richie's IV doesn't really fill me with confidence to be honest. Didn't really look like he wanted to be on camera :blink:

I hope he can get it right tomorrow with his change of system and personal but I fear the worst. St J are always a tough nut to crack.

33 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Listening to Richie's IV doesn't really fill me with confidence to be honest. Didn't really look like he wanted to be on camera :blink:

I hope he can get it right tomorrow with his change of system and personal but I fear the worst. St J are always a tough nut to crack.

Actually I didnt see it that way Gringo. I actually thought he seemed more determined and assured? 

Its obviously going to take him time to fully get to grips with the media side of things. 

• Agree 2