Advice on where to sit at first Caley Thistle game?

Chloe Holland

I am attending my first Caley Thistle home game in a few weeks v Celtic (been a fan for a number of years now but I live in Manchester).

Can the forum give any advice about the best place to sit in the ground? Would love to sit somewhere with a bit of atmosphere & not sure which stand to pick.

Thanks!

• Agree 2

There is an unofficial signing section in the North Stand, Section E. A bunch of young kids do their best to get the crowd going and usually sit down the front of that section. Normally games v Celtic are a bit busier due to the larger crowd so they might not be there but that could be a good shout. Another good thing about that area of the ground is that the stewards tend to be a wee bit more tolerant of fans standing (not always however!)

If you want a good view of the pitch and aren't too fussed about atmosphere then the Main Stand gives a cracking view of the game. But as you seem to be looking for a bit more noise I think heading for the North Stand is a better option.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, Chloe Holland said:

I am attending my first Caley Thistle home game in a few weeks v Celtic (been a fan for a number of years now but I live in Manchester).

Can the forum give any advice about the best place to sit in the ground? Would love to sit somewhere with a bit of atmosphere & not sure which stand to pick.

Thanks!

AT HOME BEST PLACE!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

34 minutes ago, Renegade said:

If you're a normal person, sit in the North Stand. If you enjoy scoffing Wurther's Orginals, go on cruise ship holidays and vote Tory, sit in the Main Stand. 

I class myself as normal although some may argue with that .Thats OK we are all entitled to an opinion.

I do not scoff Wurthers Originals.

I do not go on cruise ship holidays .

I certainly do not vote Tory.

I do sit in Main Stand and can recommend it for a perfect view of game . Choose a seat higher up and you won't be disappointed . 

Renegade is however going to be disappointed when Xmas comes and he finds himself stroked off my Xmas card list .

• Agree 4

It's not a huge stadium and sitting higher up will give a degree of protection from rain and will be a bit more cosy, Celtic will also have section G in the main stand. 

If your in your teens right behind our goals should be fun.

If not Renegade sounds like a fun guy. You can't miss him.

He's got a big banner that reads.

Say no to the Tories, cruise ships and boiled sweets.

• Agree 4

51 minutes ago, izzy said:

I class myself as normal although some may argue with that .Thats OK we are all entitled to an opinion.

I do sit in Main Stand and can recommend it for a perfect view of game . Choose a seat higher up and you won't be disappointed . 

Renegade is however going to be disappointed when Xmas comes and he finds himself stroked off my Xmas card list .

^^^ votes UKIP.

• Agree 2

On 6 September 2016 at 8:40 PM, wynthank15 said:

RIG I didn't know we had an unofficial signing section in the north stand does the board know about this?

It's actually entirely "official" and the club will point people in this direction when they are looking for the livelier part of the North Stand....just as they would direct elsewhere for those who perhaps wish a slightly more sedate location.

28 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

It's actually entirely "official" and the club will point people in this direction when they are looking for the livelier part of the North Stand....just as they would direct elsewhere for those who perhaps wish a slightly more sedate location.

The 'singing' section seem to be much livlier at away matches.  I don't get to many home matches but I did sit in the North stand for the St Johnstone game and there was hardly a peep out of them the whole game, except for a bit of a conga when we got the injury time winner.  At away matches, however, they seem to chant and sing the whole game, which must be a great boost to the players.

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

Really ? Signing ..... :-/ :-/ Should have gone to Specsavers :-)

Edited by izzy
Added
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, izzy said:

I agree with the above, personally I like the position of being at a slightly higher vantage point and being offset not too far from the centre line, give a great view of the game. Nothing wrong with the North stand and perhaps it does carry a little more atmosphere however from a personal preference I find the perspective especially when goal mouth action at the far end isn't as easy to distinguish as its all about depth perception and the seating isn't as high as the main stand for that view. For the extra few £££'s if you can try get a main stand seat in a higher row would be my advice especially for a first game.

On 07/09/2016 at 7:04 PM, Renegade said:

If you're a normal person, sit in the North Stand. If you enjoy scoffing Wurther's Orginals, go on cruise ship holidays and vote Tory, sit in the Main Stand. 

Hello Hello We are the Tory Boys

Hello Hello You won't hear us we don't make noise.

We suck our sweets and sail away

When were on holiday

Cos we are the famous Tory Boys.

Edited by 12th Man

On 9/7/2016 at 7:48 PM, izzy said:

Ah well not to worry.  I only accept cards that play a tune when you open them or have money enclosed anyway.

• Agree 1

http://ictfc.com/info/matches/tickets/ticket-prices

NORTH/SOUTH STAND Category B Category A stadium map
U12 : North FREE* FREE*
U12 : South £10 £10
U16 £10 £10
16-25 £17 £20
26-64 £22 £25
65+ £17 £20
*Up to 2 Free U12 Tickets with every 16+ Match or Season Ticket per game. Tickets obtained in addition to this will be charged at £10 each.
MAIN STAND Category B Category A
U12 £10 £10
U16 £10 £10
16-25 £22 £25
26-64 £27 £30
65+ £22 £25

"Category A" = Celtic, Rangers, Ross County & Aberdeen Games, "Category B" = All Other Games

TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE, CALLING/VISITING THE STADIUM TICKET OFFICE
OR CALLING THE 24 HOUR CALL CENTRE ON 0844 847 1888

The Celtic match is looking like a bargain, a 16 year old can get in with two 15 year old pals for £40

Have a nice day out Chloe. Will look out for you from the BEST seat for me. In my "Snug" in Chorley. If I was in Sneck I would be heading towards Section C in the North Stand. I take it that you are young and up for a song - not old and grumpy. And stay away from Caley 100. You will recognise him by the use of the word "FANNNNYYYY" being expressed intermittently.

BDU 98196 or whatever, I'm with you--mainstand, close to centre and the higher the better.  If you are a senior and can't see too well, just bring a pair of small binoculars-no problem?

I was going to use the abbreviated word "binos"  but I knew that IHE would just come in with a monster photo of a rhino and grab the limelight,       sooo..........:ictscarf: