Red Dots - Change to System

Scotty

I wonder at times if people really know the purpose of the dots. Like or dislike a post or comment or is it like or dislike a person who makes a post or comment? Some time ago I was shocked that someone got a red dot for announcing an upcoming development game. A straight forward announcement in the form of 'our boys are playing xyz  on such and such a date at such and such a time at abc venue. A simple piece of information for those interested and the poster got a red dot from another. It didn't surprise me when I looked at who had given it but it did make me question the reason. Albeit the spelling and grammar of the announcement was not up to degree standard English but

1. Did they not like the announcement?

2. Did they not like the game being played, the opposition team, the date and time or the venue?

3. Did they not like the person providing the announcement?

Or did the dotter have such a high and mighty belief in his own academic standards that he was really making an anonymous attempt at pointing out the posters limited abilities?