Suites and Lounges

12th Man

14 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Can anyone tell me how the suites and lounges are used during a match. 

They're all used for various types of hospitality etc.

Not sure what you'd be after or why, but Trying to find space for anything on a matchday is a bit "Mission Impossible" as there's literally stuff squeezed into every nook available.

2 hours ago, 12th Man said:

Just something Charles Bannerman mentioned in the past that one could be put to better use. 

Was there a time when you could go and get a pie and a pint at one point or was that in the days before the bar?

He is most likely looking for somewhere to do his match report for the BBC!

10 hours ago, CaleyD said:

They're all used for various types of hospitality etc.

Not sure what you'd be after or why, but Trying to find space for anything on a matchday is a bit "Mission Impossible" as there's literally stuff squeezed into every nook available.

I think what I did was to ask if there was room to expand revenues from match day hospitality? I don't know whether this is true or whether it is an urban myth, but I frequently hear it said that the Kingsmills Suite can often be an available nook since it is either very thinly occupied or there is no hospitality there at all for some games.

As the Kingsmills is now the box next to the Press Box, then I assume you're referencing the Press & Journal Lounge!

Occasionally there's no hospitality due to lack of demand, but this is something that's being addressed by offering a different brand of hospitality when the club suspect that could be the case.

You can access the main stand concourses if you are seated there and want to get indoors for a HT Pie and Cuppa.  The Sports Bar concourse is fairly underutilised at half time.  This is surprising considering it's heated (and has nicer toilets), but despite attempts to redirect people, they seem to want to head for the North End concourse!!

The (what is now) Press and Journal Lounge was trialled under a project called the "Kingsmills Club" a good few seasons back. From memory it was access to the Lounge pre-match, half-time & post-match....including HT Pie & Cuppa, parking, programme and access to pay bar. You also had option to purchase a meal pre-match.  However the price point needed to attract sufficient occupancy was so low it made it financially unviable and people weren't spending in the bar, so it wasn't even subsidising it.

This was then tried again slightly differently with a substantial amount spent creating the Sports Bar...which probably still hasn't paid for itself.

14 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Occasionally there's no hospitality due to lack of demand, but this is something that's being addressed by offering a different brand of hospitality when the club suspect that could be the case.

That seems to suggest an alarming degree of fatalism! I would feel more comfortable hearing that urgent efforts are ongoing to create the kind of demand which seems to have been very consistent at Ross County for many years. Whilst not knowing the precise extent of that lack of demand or how occasional full cancellation is, the general perception out there seems to be that the lack of demand is considerable. This is turn may create a self fulfilling prophecy since people may be less likely to want to take up hospitality under these circumstances.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

6 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

That seems to suggest an alarming degree of fatalism! I would feel more comfortable hearing that urgent efforts are ongoing to create the kind of demand which seems to have been very consistent at Ross County for many years. Whilst not knowing the precise extent of that lack of demand or how occasional full cancellation is, the general perception out there seems to be that the lack of demand is considerable. This is turn may create a self fulfilling prophecy since people may be less likely to want to take up hospitality under these circumstances.

You really should contact the club direct Charles as you shouldn't expect them to answer a post on an unofficial form.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

Pretty sure I said within the part of my post that you quoted that it was something that was being addressed. Fatalism would be doing nothing!!

What I should have maybe been clearer on was that it related to only one of the 5 or 6 matchday hospitality options....so we're not talking about zero hospitality.

Your the first person I've seen mention that there's a perception of considerable lack of demand for hospitality at TCS....maybe you should book in for a game at some point and check it out for yourself?

• Agree 1

I've been a few times, and always very well treated.

I was at County for the Derby in the spring and it was not a patch on what you get at Inverness.

Credit to Iain Auld and all involved, who make the attendees very welcome.

If you get a chance, go along and it will be a great day.

Edited by Robert