John Hughes

Kingsmills

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I have heard that John Hughes has had an informal chat with St Mirren directors. Source generally has her ear to the ground when it comes to the Buddies.

I am sure he will be one of the dozen's of unemployed managers who will apply for the job and we will wait for their new manager to be exclusively revealed by Chick Young :wink:

• Agree 1

The sooner JH gets a posting the better.

It will help him to readjust to the life of a football manager rather than to a life of relative leisure subsidised by his former employers (not good for his poor soul ) and  get him off our payroll which, in turn, would free up much needed funds  to allow Richie to plan ahead with greater certainty. 

• Agree 1

Yes, agree with SP's post (above).  Better all round if JH gets fixed up with another club, and the sooner the better.  I'm sure we humble posters on this site don't know for sure if we are still paying JH's wages, or indeed, what the terms of his settlement were, but it will be good if we can finally draw a line under the JH reign in charge of ICT.  This in no way on my part is trying to sully the great times he led us to during the happier days of his spell with us. Who can ever forget the heady outings to Hampden and Parkhead? Will we ever see their like again?  We can but hope.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, agree with SP's post (above).  Better all round if JH gets fixed up with another club, and the sooner the better.  I'm sure we humble posters on this site don't know for sure if we are still paying JH's wages, or indeed, what the terms of his settlement were, but it will be good if we can finally draw a line under the JH reign in charge of ICT.  This in no way on my part is trying to sully the great times he led us to during the happier days of his spell with us. Who can ever forget the heady outings to Hampden and Parkhead? Will we ever see their like again?  We can but hope.

I don't know when, perhaps not this season or next but I am sure we will see their like again and perhaps even better them.

• 1 month later...

I see Yogi was favourite for the Shrewsbury Town gig earlier in the week but took his name out of the running.  Must still be holding out for a Championship job down south...

Edited by Renegade

I thought Alan Archibald was their main target? Dundee fans seem to be tiring of Hartley. Someone claiming on P & B (:laugh:) that He will be gone if they fail to defeat Partick. Hughes for Dundee?

Edited by RiG

If JH is still on our payroll, the sooner he gets another job, the better. If he were to go to a struggling club like Dundee, all the better - nothing worse for a club at risk of relegation than trying to play possession football. P&B makes interesting reading around the former ICT boys - Ross, Williams and Vincent are not fans' favourites....surprising because I thought all 3 would do well for them!

Edited by PerfICT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...