ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2016-09-24 9-44-52 AM.png
Tweets by @ICTFC

good day here .....

for the first week in ages I am at home during the match .. got a choice of Man City, Spurs, or Liverpool games on the "cooncil telly", ICT are winning what seems like comfortably and later this afternoon I am heading down to BMO Field with the little guy for the TFC game ...... 

Comfortable win, but sat back a bit after second goal. I felt at half time we needed a third, and it was a good counter attacking goal. 

Fon Williams had a couple of saves, but on the whole the defence was ok. First sighting of Mckay and felt he did well. Just a pity Dundee scored to defy a clean sheet.

Mulraney's pace evident, and King lively at times too.

After second, Draper dropped deeper alongside Tansey with Polly playing further up supporting Doumbouya.

The ref seemed to have an issue with Doumbouya's physicality but he took his goal well, as did Polly.

Want to see the penalty on tv, as it might have been soft, or I possibly missed part of it.

All three subs were lively, and Doran cannot be far from a starting place. I liked the look of Cole in his brief cameo appearance.

All in all, a satisfying afternoon and up to 8th.

Hopefully a win next week takes us further away from the foot of the table, but after the last two games I have been to (St Johnstone and today), I am a lot more positive about how things are shaping up.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Great performances all over the park today: Back 5 were excellent and Polworth in particular was a live-wire in midfield - he worked his socks off. Doumbaya was a handful and Mulraney and King also had decent spells. The penalty looked outside the box to me, but I'll take it!

Polworth man of the match for me, with Meekings and Mckay very close behind.

Well done Richie and the boys - the season is back on track!

• Agree 1

Dundee play lovely football but they're a small, one paced side and a soft touch physically. There's no balance to their squad. They remind me of an Alex Smith team. Lot's of tidy wee players passing the ball crisply but not doing any damage. Imagine a team of 11 Nick Ross's. That's Paul Hartley's Dundee.

What a signing Brad McKay had been. First class performance today - solid defending and 2 assists at the other end. Take a bow son. Tremarco wasn't far behind. 

PS What's the craic with our goalie? Only one absolutely world class save today - his standards are slipping!  

Edited by AlexJones
  • Agree 2

Decent game but we were not at our best today.  After going 2-0 up we lost a bit of urgency and allowed Dundee to get back into the game.  Sharper finishing from them could have made the game a lot tighter than it was in the end.

It's funny how different folk see the game.  Someone near to me was doing his nut about Polworth and what a useless sh*te he was.  I thought he had a pretty good game and was the stand out in midfield.  Took his goal well after great build up play.  Good defensive performance all round but Tremarco was my MOTM.  

Doran may be short of a yard or two of pace but he looked a class act when he came on.  I'd like to see him start with Mulraney held back as an impact sub if needed.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Decent game but we were not at our best today.  After going 2-0 up we lost a bit of urgency and allowed Dundee to get back into the game.  Sharper finishing from them could have made the game a lot tighter than it was in the end.

It's funny how different folk see the game.  Someone near to me was doing his nut about Polworth and what a useless sh*te he was.  I thought he had a pretty good game and was the stand out in midfield.  Took his goal well after great build up play.  Good defensive performance all round but Tremarco was my MOTM.  

Doran may be short of a yard or two of pace but he looked a class act when he came on.  I'd like to see him start with Mulraney held back as an impact sub if needed.

If Dundee had been more clinical in front of goal today they may have got something out of it, and it wouldn't have been on their merit, but on us allowing them far too much free play. I had hoped and expected Polworth to be dropped today after the last few performances but I felt today he was trying hard to redeem himself. All in all a decent performance, some real sharpness missing from all today but for me the standouts were Mckay and the usual suspects (Tremarco and Warren). Thought Fonners had another stand out performance too, and really looks consistent now. 3 expected points at Accies and we are right amongst the pigeons 

2 hours ago, AlexJones said:

What a signing Brad McKay had been. First class performance today - solid defending and 2 assists at the other end. Take a bow son. 

Well said. I specifically logged on to sing Brad's praises. Wonderful cross for the first goal. Great composure and selfless play laying on Polworth for the third. A quality footballer who happens to be a defender. Great signing. Raven always holds a special place for a certain semi-final goal but Brad Mckay offers a good deal more in an attacking sense. 

• Agree 2

Looks like leading with the elbow and bundling Billy over just inside the top corner of the box. Fairly comfortable but sat off Dundee later in the game allowing them loads of time on the ball, but they were pretty much ineffective. Fon Williams might have placed himself better at the free kick but it was well directed. He left the space for the shot and that's where it was put therefore he should have been able to at least get closer to the ball. He made a tremendous save just before half time. On the other hand, Jake was too eager to open his account instead of his usual calm persona. Overall, we deserved the win and Dundee can have little complaint.

Wonderful corner kick routine from Dundee. Gave us all a laugh anyway.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic