Player of the Year - Dundee

Scotty

POTY Voting  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you award 5 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad McKay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Josh Meekings
    • Ross Draper
    • Greg Tansey
    • Jake Mulraney
    • Liam Polworth
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Billy King
    • Alex Fisher
    • Aaron Doran
    • Larnell Cole
  2. 2. Which player would you award 3 points ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad McKay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Josh Meekings
    • Ross Draper
    • Greg Tansey
    • Jake Mulraney
    • Liam Polworth
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Billy King
    • Alex Fisher
    • Aaron Doran
    • Larnell Cole
  3. 3. Which player would you award 1 point ?

• Owain Fon Williams
    • Brad McKay
    • Gary Warren
    • Carl Tremarco
    • Josh Meekings
    • Ross Draper
    • Greg Tansey
    • Jake Mulraney
    • Liam Polworth
    • Lonsana Doumbouya
    • Billy King
    • Alex Fisher
    • Aaron Doran
    • Larnell Cole
  4. 4. Referee Performance (Kevin Clancy)

• 1 (Terrible)
    • 2 (Poor)
    • 3 (Average)
    • 4 (Good)
    • 5 (Excellent)
  5. 5. I confirm I was present at this game and therefore eligible to vote

• Yes, I was there.
    • No, I am a numpty, please ban me from all polls !

*** VOTING IN THE POLL ABOVE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AT THE MATCH ONLY ***

If you were at the match, please use the poll above to vote for your top 3 players.
As a bit of fun, we have also added an option to rate the referee ....

Please make sure you vote for 3 separate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ABOVE IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in ALL site polls...this is your only warning.

**NOT at the game ?**

As a result of requests received, we have made a slight change to how these threads work for site users who watched the game on TV or listened to the full game live on the radio .......

You too will now be able to cast your votes, but should do it in the thread below, and NOT in the official poll above. Just list the three players of your choosing and award 5,3, or 1 point(s). You can give the ref a mark if you want too !

These votes will NOT be counted in the official total, as we only count votes from those who where actually at the game, but it IS a way for you to participate in the process .... which many people asked for .... a happy medium we hope !!!!!

• Scotty unlocked this topic

Fon-Williams: 8. Deserved a clean sheet, but beaten by an excellent free kick.

McKay: 8. Inspired signing, especially at right back. Excellent going forward today - 2 assists!

Warren: 7. Solid as ever, but gave away a couple of silly free kicks.

Meekings. 8. Strolled it today. So solid.

Tremarco. 8. An excellent match defensively and going forward.

Tansey: 7. Good game and took the pen well.

Draper: 7. Solid performance as ever.

Mulraney: 7. Exciting to watch.

Polworth: 9. Finally found his position. Worked incredibly hard and forced numerous errors in defence. Took his goal well and put one on a plate for Mulraney.

King: 7. Good in flashes and drew the foul for a pen.

Doumbouya: 8. Took his goal really well and worked the defence all day.

Doran: 7. Still not quite at his best, but showed some decent touches.

Fisher: 7. Worked hard and had a decent shot.

Cole: 6. Not much of an opportunity, but looks like he has something (pace!)

Manager: 9. Got this one spot on. Right team, right positions, right subs.

Ref: 8. Got most decisions right. Not sure about the pen, but happy to take it.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the ratings PerfICT.  Good to see that everyone seemed to play well today.   I notice that Tremarco seems to be very solid this year.  He seems to have made the left back spot his own now.  Taken him a while but its good to see.

Richie seems to be growing into the job quite well.  I like his use of subs. So far he seems to have got them pretty well spot on.  Long may it continue.

I like PerfICT's award of  9 to Richie Foran. Seems that  he rarely gets appropiate praise for the taking over of a team in real transition and it could have turned out to be a shambles right from the get-go. Now we are seeing the other side of the coin--stability and success.

Despite obviously nervous moments in view of his lack of Managerial experience, he speaks very well and thoughtfully on camera. He may turn out to be an inspired appointment who can really go places as we move right along.

Which position for Polworth is Perf referring to? Alongside Tansey or further forward behind the striker? FWIW I thought he was smashing in both. Much better than playing him wide on the right where he had a propensity to drift inside for a lot of the game.

58 minutes ago, RiG said:

Which position for Polworth is Perf referring to? Alongside Tansey or further forward behind the striker? FWIW I thought he was smashing in both. Much better than playing him wide on the right where he had a propensity to drift inside for a lot of the game.

....liked him in both, but perhaps more so behind the striker. A former youth squad team-mate of his told me a couple of seasons ago that this was his best position, but I didn't believe him. On Saturday, I thought he was a real thorn in Dungdee's backside. The best evidence was when he stole the ball in front of the keeper and played Mulraney in. He's not a wide midfielder, but anywhere through the middle.

On 25/09/2016 at 9:13 PM, PerfICT said:

....liked him in both, but perhaps more so behind the striker. A former youth squad team-mate of his told me a couple of seasons ago that this was his best position, but I didn't believe him. On Saturday, I thought he was a real thorn in Dungdee's backside. The best evidence was when he stole the ball in front of the keeper and played Mulraney in. He's not a wide midfielder, but anywhere through the middle.

If you watch Polworth during the Celtic highlights, he's in view when Billy King receives the ball to eye up the shot. By the time the ball is sailing past the keeper he comes into view again, sneaking up on a stationary defence for a tap in if the keeper gets enough on the ball to palm it.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic