ICTFC vs The Rangers FC

ictfcsince94

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Do people seriously believe its a new club or is it just a joke? 

They let their club die......simple. Not a case of believing - factually based on the legal criteria the old club is dead therefore any history becomes just that. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Do people seriously believe its a new club or is it just a joke?  Either way i find it a bit tiresome these days. They might be a new corporate business but the football club is the same.  They still have all their major titles and history.

The disgrace they brought to Scottish football and the number of small traders who's bills were left unpaid when the old club ceased to exist was very far from a joke. The fans of the new club are very fortunate indeed that the Scottish football authorities sought fit to treat them as a special case and permitted the new club to gain immediate entry to the league system. I am far from convinced that other brand new clubs would have been afforded the same privilege.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Do people seriously believe its a new club or is it just a joke?  Either way i find it a bit tiresome these days. They might be a new corporate business but the football club is the same.  They still have all their major titles and history.

This is just revisiting arguments of 2012, but certain myths perpetuate. It's simply a blatant case of having been allowed to have their cake and eat it. You cannot claim club and corporate are one and the same thing when it suits you and then claim they are different when it doesn't. Rangers went out of business in disgrace whilst millions in debt to a huge range of bodies and individuals. The injustice was the company in question being allowed to dispose of its assets to another body which previously didn't exist so anything and everything it did or created had to be new entities. These assets, if there was any justice in the world, should have been sold off to pay the debts of the dead institution. Selling Ibrox off as bright green ASDA Govan would have been wonderfully ironic!

What is totally wrong is the inconsistency that the debts, by way of which a large number of titles were won by the dead institution, were allowed to be cancelled while a club bearing the name of that dead institution was allowed to short circuit the rules for admission into the SFL and, to the detriment of the likes of Spartans and Edinburgh City who were left in the queue, be fast tracked in.

They have to make up their minds. Are they a new body which was given preferential treatment by the SFL or are they the old one, in which case they should still be liable for their debts.

One thing which hasn't continued to the same extent as before is the triumphalism and hubris -  mainly because there really hasn't been much for them to be triumphalistic or hubristic about. Here's hoping tonight keeps things that way and that they remain Rangers as opposed to the more reverential and sycophantic  "Rrrrangers".

I have never held the view that they were missed - in fact Armageddon was great! - and I certainly won't be there tonight, although I will watch the game in the Social Club.

• Agree 3

Wish I could be there. Nothing to fear from this mob. They have, as someone stated above, 'a wealthy budget' but it's all on tick and they've wasted much of it. Have every confidence the team can dish out a lesson to this unloved new club and send the away end back to the Portland Club (is that place still going?) in disgust.

12 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Wish I could be there. Nothing to fear from this mob. They have, as someone stated above, 'a wealthy budget' but it's all on tick and they've wasted much of it. Have every confidence the team can dish out a lesson to this unloved new club and send the away end back to the Portland Club (is that place still going?) in disgust.

KRR... I'd better emphasise before I begin that this is NOT a wind up but..... the Portland Club is now  a MOSQUE:smile:

Heard on the streets of Glasgow....

"Ur ye a Protestant or a Cathlolic?"

"I'm a muslim!"

"Aye... but ur ye a Protestant muslim or a Catholic muslim?"

I think I also have to emphasise that there are very many very decent Rangers supporters and it's for them that I actually feel quite sorry. However they do bring a great deal of unfortunate baggage with them.

When Dundee come visiting no one harps on about them overspending and paying off something like 5% of their debt to keep the club going.

I don't think going bust for Rangers was plan A. I feel their hand was kind of forced.

Tax evasion, blame the accountant and don't bother replying if you own an ISA it's just another tax dodge, money in a pension tax dodge, inheritance estate deferred tax dodge. Entertaining clients tax dodge.

Old club new club whatever,  would be good to keep their fans quiet tonight.

Can we get back to the football.

Hows the ticket sales going?

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

Charles, I am gobsmacked.

Well do I recall walking past yon place en route to TCS on match days. Mad place.

In Glasgow it's said the local Muslim population tend towards Celtic, green being an Islamic colour.

Anyway, get in about them tonight and show them nae respect.