Doumbouya or Fisher ?

Interesting. What about:

Fon Williams

McKay Warren Meekings Tremarco

Tansey Draper

Mulraney Fisher Boden Doran

Although I would to retain Polly playing alongside Tans with Drapes pushing on, keeping Boden, King, Doumbouya and Cole as potential impact players.

I'm not convinced either Doumb or Fisher will ever be prolific at this level, but Fisher offers better link and therefore playing a team like below   would be with the options of Polly, Doran and King getting in the box to support. With all 3 able to interchange positions and the option of Mulraney coming into there with his pace - technically I think these 3 are ahead of Mulraney but if he can work on his finishing with that pace then we could have our own Walcott type player (not great at crosses to play was a winger but pacey enough to open up teams and score goals through the middle)

OFW

Mckay Warren Meekings Tremarco

Tansey  Draper

Doran Polly King

Fisher 

Edited by bdu98196

I would try to convert Vigurs into a no 10, you don't need a lot of pace just an eye for a pass or touch and decent control (think a poor man's Ross McCormack). Lets face it Vigurs doesn't work hard enough defensively as a midfielder, he often doesn't get up the park enough to trouble the opposition but he certainly has an eye for goal, good touch and a decent shot and is young enough to learn a new role. I think the no 10 role would suit him just behind the main striker. This would utilise our resources to their best and as someone suggested why not try to convert Mulrainey into a striker with the pace he has, he would just need to work on game intelligence, timing his runs and finishing, Marley Watkins achieved it before he left us. After all, our current strikers are neither pacy, nor good in the air, nor blessed with great control, nor great finishers, we could save money by binning them and signing a no 9 with some promise.(with all due respect to the present incumbents)

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

I mind the days when supporters spent most of their time noising up and trying to ridicule the opposition players as opposed to their own ones.....oh the memories!!

yes, we do ridicule opposition players ... but there have always been players who get a bit of stick for a variety of reasons. Andy Barrowman, Dean McDonald, Rory McAllister and Steven Hislop to name the first 4 off the top of my head and I could name plenty more .... Hislop in particular was not impressed with a description of his playing style that I think Mantis coined and took me to task about it in the Corriegarth at one of the end of season parties many years ago .... he wasnt happy but at the end of the day my response was that it was just an internet forum and if he didnt like the comment then not to read it ... it was not offensive, he was just pissed off that everyone wasnt bowing down and saying "we're not worthy" !!!  :notworthy:

The players take the adulation and praise when things are going well for the team or they are playing well individually, but equally they need to be somewhat thick skinned when they may be off form or have a stinker of a game and people express that opinion!  Fans are entitled to express their opinions be it in the pub or on the platform here that we have provided. What's posted on here about players is ridiculously mild in comparison to the likes of P&B, Facebook, Twitter, or even the Toronto FC forums i frequent ..... far less some of the conversations you encounter in the pub which get progressively more insane as the night wears on for some reason :drinking05:

We will continue to remove any comments that we feel may be offensive or cross the line in to the overly personal, or where there are any legal repercussions or court cases involved etc but we are not going to sanitise posts to the point where you cannot criticise the player, the team or any part of the club where things may not be all sweetness and light. never have, never will and the one time we were asked to do so Mr Smith was left in now way uncertain of my feelings on the matter ! 

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

yes, we do ridicule opposition players ... but there have always been players who get a bit of stick for a variety of reasons. Andy Barrowman, Dean McDonald, Rory McAllister and Steven Hislop to name the first 4 off the top of my head and I could name plenty more .... Hislop in particular was not impressed with a description of his playing style that I think Mantis coined and took me to task about it in the Corriegarth at one of the end of season parties many years ago .... he wasnt happy but at the end of the day my response was that it was just an internet forum and if he didnt like the comment then not to read it ... it was not offensive, he was just pissed off that everyone wasnt bowing down and saying "we're not worthy" !!!  :notworthy:

The players take the adulation and praise when things are going well for the team or they are playing well individually, but equally they need to be somewhat thick skinned when they may be off form or have a stinker of a game and people express that opinion!  Fans are entitled to express their opinions be it in the pub or on the platform here that we have provided. What's posted on here about players is ridiculously mild in comparison to the likes of P&B, Facebook, Twitter, or even the Toronto FC forums i frequent ..... far less some of the conversations you encounter in the pub which get progressively more insane as the night wears on for some reason :drinking05:

We will continue to remove any comments that we feel may be offensive or cross the line in to the overly personal, or where there are any legal repercussions or court cases involved etc but we are not going to sanitise posts to the point where you cannot criticise the player, the team or any part of the club where things may not be all sweetness and light. never have, never will and the one time we were asked to do so Mr Smith was left in now way uncertain of my feelings on the matter ! 

They're all sh1te anyway. Sack Richie, sack the board, sack the players, dissolve the club...and let's go back to playing Highland League fitba!:stir:

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Bit of an overreaction there Scotty. I didn't ask for anything to be sanitised* or for the removal of any criticism....I was merely highlighting that many seem to spend more time beating on our own players these days than they do the opposition.

Disappointed to see you suggest that my opinion comes anywhere close to that of Mike Smith and his dealings with the forum.

*I did report and object to mindless name calling elsewhere.

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

Bit of an overreaction there Scotty. I didn't ask for anything to be sanitised* or for the removal of any criticism....I was merely highlighting that many seem to spend more time beating on our own players these days than they do the opposition.

Whilst I did quote your post, I wasnt specifically aiming that at you or your comment above and can confirm you have never asked us to sanitise posts nor did you do so when you had the admin role. It is just a feeling from certain quarters of our support that everything has to be utterly PC and that any criticism is a dagger through the heart of the club. For 22 years - good or bad - the site has been about allowing people to comment freely in both positive and negative fashion. There are plenty of posts I dont like on here, and disagree with, but typically it doesnt fall foul of any line. CTO is my 'baby' and I think I may have reacted to the "gutter" comment ... if it was an over-reaction then I apologise. 

Part of the reason perhaps for the lack of "banter" or winding up or slagging off other teams' players is fear ... the world is so full of PC BS these days that simple comments can be misconstrued and get you in trouble ! 

Disappointed to see you suggest that my opinion comes anywhere close to that of Mike Smith and his dealings with the forum.

Absolutely not comparing you to Mike Smith. I never took him any bottles of Maple Syrup back from Canada !!! I was pointing out that the ONLY time we were asked to sanitise (and actually temporarily close) the forum was during that era and thats not going to happen. The platform is here for people to post a wide spectrum of viewpoints. We've known each other for donkeys years and I can agree or disagree with you face to face or online and I think we can both accept and respect the other's viewpoint whether we agree or disagree with it.    

*I did report and object to mindless name calling elsewhere.

Yes, the mods did discuss it, and edited a couple of posts where we felt it was warranted but those that didnt cross the line were left intact. 

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Whilst I did quote your post, I wasnt specifically aiming that at you or your comment above and can confirm you have never asked us to sanitise posts nor did you do so when you had the admin role. It is just a feeling from certain quarters of our support that everything has to be utterly PC and that any criticism is a dagger through the heart of the club. For 22 years - good or bad - the site has been about allowing people to comment freely in both positive and negative fashion. There are plenty of posts I dont like on here, and disagree with, but typically it doesnt fall foul of any line. CTO is my 'baby' and I think I may have reacted to the "gutter" comment ... if it was an over-reaction then I apologise. 

Part of the reason perhaps for the lack of "banter" or winding up or slagging off other teams' players is fear ... the world is so full of PC BS these days that simple comments can be misconstrued and get you in trouble ! 

Absolutely not comparing you to Mike Smith. I never took him any bottles of Maple Syrup back from Canada !!! I was pointing out that the ONLY time we were asked to sanitise (and actually temporarily close) the forum was during that era and thats not going to happen. The platform is here for people to post a wide spectrum of viewpoints. We've known each other for donkeys years and I can agree or disagree with you face to face or online and I think we can both accept and respect the other's viewpoint whether we agree or disagree with it.    

Yes, the mods did discuss it, and edited a couple of posts where we felt it was warranted but those that didnt cross the line were left intact. 

:bighug:

On 25/10/2016 at 5:43 PM, Scotty said:

... and now I see Hissy on a regular basis and I don't know if he realises it was me or if he's just a dour barsteward:laugh:

Half man half duck :notworthy: