Doumbouya or Fisher ?

To be fair to Doumbaye, when he cam on against Aberdeen he looked decent and offered something different however he hasn't kicked on. Unfortunately the physical aspect of the SPFL so far isn't suiting him, he's loosing too many balls in the air for a man of his size but he does seem to try and chase and work but without a lot of product. Fisher seems to cope a bit better with the physicality so looks to be heading towards the role of first choice striker by default.

Neither of them through have really been stand outs in games and the lack of goals from either option is definitely a concern, with nobody stepping up and putting the ball away Richie will probably keep rotating them until we find a combination that works and hope one starts to find the net and gain confidence. Looking at our options we could do with a smaller, pacey player to get in behind and try win knock downs etc (like Billy Mckay/Watkins), maybe Mulraney can grow into that role, he has the pace and as a winger his final ball quality is poor so perhaps working on his finishing may be a better skill to develop.

why cant we play both? i know we wont, but i'd like to see us go into the Killie game playing a 3-5-2 type formation, with both wingers and both strikers.

if we're sticking with one, i'd like to see it be the fish, Doombers size and strength would be more of an impact later on in the game after Fisher has been working his tail off and tiring the defense.Slightly off-topic, i'd like to see Jake get a start.  His final ball Has been poor, however, with the chances he's creating it will get better, especially if he stops 'forcing' it, but when you only get 10-20 mins to make a difference you will be more inclined to try forcing something, as was seen with both him and Doran on friday night.

i'd also like to see more of Cole... Richie needs to start making the tough decisions and drop some players who are having off-games, the cover is there for a change, time to use it.

One has a contract till Jan and the other has a 2 year deal. One is quick on his feet and quick on the turn the other is slower but strong.

Both probably have the same goal scoring ratio.

If either or both could improve the goal scoring ratio. They could be legends and a possible extended deal on the table.

Just more self belief required.

Who ever are the clubs most likely subs are I'm assuming there's link up play training in small groups, IE King, Drapes, Doumbouya. Passing through players.   Fisher, Polly,Malraney, Cole, Doran etc. Fast pace counter attacking stuff.

It probably happens anyway but it would be good to reenact the final third build up play for a potential goal. x10

Builds confidence and improves the success ratio the next time.

Hone in on what's going right instead of filling peoples heads with what's going wrong.

In training before a match we watch the same run up and shoot for years.

How about crosses, volleys, headers and rebounds on goal. Or moving passing instead of stationary passing.

I think I've given a Jonathan Caniner answer.

Who ever gets picked to start they are going to give the opposition a hard time.

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Fisher for me as well. Boden and Doumboya look out of depth but of course that could change. Fisher the most promising imho and looks the most hungry to do well. 

How is Boden out of his depth, this is based on what exactly ? A couple of games max he has started .

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

How is Boden out of his depth, this is based on what exactly ? A couple of games max he has started .

Cant comment about 'out of depth' but his performances in the U20's after being dropped from starting XI, and his appearance at Hamilton, didnt look like a guy striving to get back into favour, which i suspect is why he hasnt!? We only see them one day a week, the coaching staff see their work rate and attitude in training throughout the week, if his desire doesn't show through the week then it's no wonder he's not getting his chance.

Whereas Fisher's desire shows through every time he takes the field. His attitude is what we need more of, as well as goals. Even showing up on a cold and windy night at Grant St to suport the U20's...That is why i rate him above the other two.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Cant comment about 'out of depth' but his performances in the U20's after being dropped from starting XI, and his appearance at Hamilton, didnt look like a guy striving to get back into favour, which i suspect is why he hasnt!? We only see them one day a week, the coaching staff see their work rate and attitude in training throughout the week, if his desire doesn't show through the week then it's no wonder he's not getting his chance.

Whereas Fisher's desire shows through every time he takes the field. His attitude is what we need more of, as well as goals. Even showing up on a cold and windy night at Grant St to suport the U20's...That is why i rate him above the other two.

You are right I have no idea what goes on in training and I obviously base my assumptions on what I see on Saturday afternoon. My point is that is to early to write off anybody's  prospects so early in the season.

3 hours ago, forresjags said:

Not writing him off but I have seen him since the first preseason friendly onwards and a couple of dev league matches so based on that. My opinion but obviously would be delighted if he proves me wrong. I do think Fisher shows more potential tho. 

Definitely Fisher for me, he's come a long way since his injury and he looks much more in control of the ball and his work rate and effort is immense. To have to chose between this 2 only is disappointing however, neither of them are what you'd call quick nimble or nippy, we still crave that sharp dart upfront who makes something out  of nothing and can break away from the back and not be caught until the balls in the goal. Fisher can't manage that, Doumbouya certainly won't and Boden seems to have been shackled in a cupboard somewhere... So basically now our only hope at a goal will come from a set piece, a penalty, a tussle in the box or a high ball. I would really like to see Alistair Sutherland given a chance in one of the games, his pace is immense and he could IMO be that quick and nimble prolific goal threat that we need right now 

Edited by CableGuy

16 hours ago, Yngwie said:

It speaks volumes that in a discussion of which of our strikers should be first choice, with the best will in the world none of us could justify a comment along the lines of "it's a nice problem to have". :sad:

this is the same problem that the majority of the league has - and for once it's nothing to do with money.  In fact, it's a problem across many leagues - that 'alan shearer' that can score 20+ goals a season

wee, quick and nimble...andy macrae! watch this space, give him a couple o years, hopefully a bit of a growth spurt and there's your answer.  doesn't help any just now right enuf

15 hours ago, Robert said:

I'd like to see Fisher start on Saturday. 

Yes agree with the above post, and if not give him half an hour at least as a sub. Would also like to see Mulraney start with King for his pace,skill & crosses into the box. What I like about Alex is his high work rate, constantly running the ball down and pressurising the opposition. Get Dorran on the pitch earlier as well.

This is what I'd like to see against Killie.  An all-out attack minded 'roll-of-the-dice'

OFW

Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey

King           Polworth         Mulraney

Fisher Boden

I know we wont come out like this, but it's nice to dream....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 17/10/2016 at 8:15 AM, bdu98196 said:

To be fair to Doumbaye, when he cam on against Aberdeen he looked decent and offered something different however he hasn't kicked on. 

I have to disagree... I thought he won a couple of headers but then he was given a through ball to chase against Considine or maybe Taylor and it looked like he was pulling a caravan.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

I have to disagree... I thought he won a couple of headers but then he was given a through ball to chase against Considine or maybe Taylor and it looked like he was pulling a caravan.

Have to careful what you post.

Using words like that, County will be making an offer.

• Agree 1

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, ictfcsince94 said:

This is what I'd like to see against Killie.  An all-out attack minded 'roll-of-the-dice'

OFW

Meekings Warren Tremarco

Draper Tansey

King           Polworth         Mulraney

Fisher Boden

I know we wont come out like this, but it's nice to dream....

Maybe not but a Fisher/Boden front two has merit for me and is worth a try at some point.