Media Coverage

ff
AUDIO
TEXT
VIDEO
TEAM LINEUPS
2016-10-22 9-47-52 AM.png
Tweets by @ICTFC

out and about this (Canadian) morning so updates from me will be a bit late. mods - feel free to start the POY or other threads as needed or I can do it when i get home.

Predictable that we were expected to win and didn't. Kilmarnock have shown they're no mugs with the win against St. J last week, so all in all it's not a terrible result. One thing we're certainly showing this season is strength of character and fitness, lots of late goals in our favour, which is in contrast to last season! 

Still find it strange that Polworth is starting out wide. Doran should surely be starting with King or Mulraney on the other wing. Nice to see Dumbouya getting on the score sheet after his pretty absymal performance last week. Looking forward to hearing reports from those at the game. 

7 minutes ago, lightwelter said:

lots of late goals in our favour

It always makes you feel a bit better than getting the same final result but having thrown away a lead, but still, we really should be doing better than salvaging a draw in fixtures like today's and the one at Hamilton.

Interestingly, in our 11 matches since the league started, the only 2 games we've won just happen to be the only 2 where we've scored the first goal.

That was a terrible game to watch and the small crowd that turned up were not for the first time this season frustrated by the lack of creativity and goal scoring opportunity. Lucky to get a point, but will take it none the less. A few players not at their best again today. Maybe a shake up in who starts is required

I try not to be critical, but that was a poor show, and I feel lucky that we salvaged a point.

First half players seemed unsure as to what they were meant to be doing, and Polworth wide left did not work.

I felt last week we should start Doran, Mulraney and Fisher, but Mulraney did not get much chance to make an impact, possibly as Killie's wide man was keeping Mckay busy. 

Fon Williams did OK. Of the back four, Mckay was poorer than I'd seen before, Tremarco was solid as always, Warren and Meekings coped ok although Meekings got an unnecessary booking (as did Polworth).

Tansey and Vigurs were too close often, but both tried, albeit neither at their most effective. 

Draper not as big an influence as normal, and not happy at being subbed. I was in section D and there was a loud bang after he entered the dug out, but at least it didn't smash!

For a large awkward guy, Doumbouya didn't win much in the air, but tried hard and got the goal we needed. I'd still like to see Fisher get a start.

Doran lively, but missed a couple of chances. At least he had a go, as a couple of other players didn't shoot when shots were on.

King and Boden tried when they came on.

All in all, I will take the point and hope for a better performance against Motherwell and Hearts.

To end on a positive, we are in the top six!

• Agree 1

Very few pass marks today. Tremarco our best by a mile. Polworth is not a wide player and Tanseyvwas poor, except for a decent shot in first half. Vigurs played OK, Doumbaya was generally poor, but scored. The penalty was a stupid one - rightly given - was it Warren? I thought King and Doran made a difference. Boden didn't. Fair play to Foran going with a few risky subs. Must do better.

Edited by PerfICT

That was absolutely brutal. Terrible advert for the game typified by the goals a penalty and scrambled goal.

No real fluidity from either side in a game that seemed to stop every couple of minutes.

Motm easily Tremarco who most of the time carries our biggest threat going forward, superb commitment.

Think it was a point gained from the jaws of defeat.

There were two robberies at the TCS this afternoon.......we were robbed paying money to see a football match and Kilmarnock were robbed of 3 points!

lightwelter said  Nice to see Dumbouya getting on the score sheet after his pretty absymal performance last week , he was not much better this week but managed to bundle over the line!

Lets hope we improve our performance away on Wednesday and at home next Saturday.

For me Vigurs and Tansey are far to similar players to play in the same team. They both want to do the same thing. At times Tansey drops so deep to get on the ball it looks as if we play with three centre halfs. Warren or Meekings could be playing the passes into midfield and let Tansey get on the ball higher up the park and try to create something. I would much rather see Polworth in the centre of the park with Tansey and play Doran, a natural wide player, on the wing.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

For me Vigurs and Tansey are far to similar players to play in the same team. They both want to do the same thing. At times Tansey drops so deep to get on the ball it looks as if we play with three centre halfs. Warren or Meekings could be playing the passes into midfield and let Tansey get on the ball higher up the park and try to create something. I would much rather see Polworth in the centre of the park with Tansey and play Doran, a natural wide player, on the wing.

I think most that were there today would agree with you on that one.

Killy have certainly improved of late. Flat and Frustrating would have summed us up for spells of the game but also fluid and fast in the latter stages where another goal was still possible.

With 3 games in 8 days I would imagine a bit of rotation will take place especially with King not available for Saturday.

Well that was brutal, so much shyte on display from our team, Once again Richie starts with players in positions that they are not best in. Feckin learn.. Polworth is NOT a wide player, reminds me of Butcher playing Shane Sutherland as a right winger when it became obvious to every man and his dog that he was awful there! 

So many mistakes today, we could hardly string 3 passes together before blootering the ball aimlessly up the park towards the donkey.

Vigurs stayed on the pitch when it was clearly obvious he should have been in the showers instead of Draper, feckin obvious!

A point was very welcome but totally unexpected, because we looked totally devoid of ideas to get behind their defence.

• Agree 2

Not sure if I can face the highlights...but I'm pretty sure Warren should've had a pen too-was getting strangled in the box as a ball was coming in. 

Its already been said, so I won't dwell on it, but that was a poor show.

special mention to Killies MOM - Andrew Dallas! The quality of Scottish referees is absolutely abysmal! 

• Agree 2

I was going to ask if this was as bad a performance as Tynecastle but at least we salvaged a point.

Richie quoted post-match - "I look at myself. Was my team-talk good enough. I'll go away and have a look at myself. I told the players they had an off day go and have a look at yourselves before you blame other people."

I appreciate that fans playing at being managers are frowned on BUT the opinions on here about the starting selection and usage of players like Tansey and Polworth appear to be practically unified. I think that the second sentence from Richie should have read. Was my starting selection good enough.

Not many pass marks today. Tremarco's was superb going forward and defending, Doumbouya's work rate earned himself a goal and Fon Williams did nothing wrong. As for the remainder it was woeful. How Vigours was allowed to stay on the park for 90 minutes defies logic

8 hours ago, ictfcsince94 said:

Not sure if I can face the highlights...but I'm pretty sure Warren should've had a pen too-was getting strangled in the box as a ball was coming in. 

Its already been said, so I won't dwell on it, but that was a poor show.

special mention to Killies MOM - Andrew Dallas! The quality of Scottish referees is absolutely abysmal! 

You know refs are bad when they can influence the game despite not being on the park!!

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic